1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Great summer game for Sengun. Looking slimmer too. Flashing his future potential, but he has to improve a lot to get to the point of doing that same thing in the NBA.

He’s going to lessen the load on KPJ and Green tremendously.

Verbal Christ and Believe It! like this.
  2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Man Sengun looks so good. I know a lot are like me when you see a big get the rock at the top and starts working his moves and court vision. It’s usually an immediate cringe reaction, but Sengun is like “no I’m not like those guys.” He sees the game different and anticipates the moves people try on a big man with command of the ball. Really excited to see his 2nd year in the league.

3. j@amc

j@amc Member

Great to see the makes with the shot clock winding down. Let's see how Sengun looks against Spain tomorrow. All the NBA guys will have been playing multiple games and piling up minutes. This will be a great test to see where Sengun is from a conditioning standpoint.

Believe It! likes this.
  4. j@amc

j@amc Member

If you watch the replay, Larkin couldn't believe he got the ball. Sengun faked everyone out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Interesting pronunciation of Sengun. Sounds like "Shane-Gun" to my ear. Just a little different. I've heard other pronunciations, of course, we all have. The Turkish ones don't sound quite the same. I wonder what our Turkish members think.

6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

The pronunciation is quite good for a non-native speaker. The 'e' in Sengun is close to the 'a' sound in 'ban', rather than the 'e' sound in 'bed'. I think he pronounces it closer to the latter, and that's why you get that feeling of shane. Hear it from a native below.

https://tr.forvo.com/word/şengün/

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Alperen Sengun is a starting level NBA center.

DreamShook and clos4life like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ouch!
    star-struck, 3 pt worshippers aint gonna love this!
    lololol

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

stop insulting alpi...c wood is a starting level center... while alpi is one of the best players in the nba...

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol because euroleague champ didnt get used to play with players of such caliber
    take that for data alpi doubters!

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I guess that was the point of the joke...

12. PeppermintCandy

From the highlight videos, Sengun's looking slimmer and more mobile in the past few games. It looks like the tournament's getting him back into shape.

The competition level doesn't seem that high, but still it's good to see him manhandling the opposing bigs.

aaquaa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

You're not known for your humor, are you?

clos4life, Ghost5Horse6 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess I missed the joke. Sometimes delusional fans say delusional things and they sound like jokes.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

That offensive foul they called on Sengun to foul him out was absolutely terrible and completely screwed Turkey over. That dude was not set and Sengun even spun off him to avoid contact...

16. j@amc

j@amc Member

Agreed on that bad call. That was a classic--the little man stops a big man by crowding his space. Most refs fall for that ploy and never give the big the benefit of the doubt.

But Sengun has got to hold back on pushing guys in the back as he goes for offensive boards. Those are the fouls he has to avoid.

17. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I watched the second half, since the game was way too early here. He did not get the ball in offense much. The guards chose to jack up contested, off-balance 3s instead. When he got the ball, the guards actually got much better open looks, but that happened only once or twice. He needs to touch the ball, maybe more than anyone. If you have Sengun on the court and he is not touching the ball, you are underusing him or not using him correctly, better have someone else there. If he posts up, you gotta make that entry pass. Other options are almost always worse.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes. There guard play is atrocious.

cmoak1982 and aaquaa like this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think he is averaging more than Luka anymore, Luka had 47 today.

DD

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

an international conspiracy to stop sengoat!