1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bryan/College Station the new Austin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Sep 6, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This area is growing leaps and bounds, I had no idea both College station HS were deep in the football playoffs last year or that 3 of the High schools here are 5A to 6A.

There is major new house construction going up where the Texas Speedway used to be and that's about midway too Navasota which is experiencing some growth of its own this is an area that's not really talked about and has huge room for growth and not that far from Houston and Austin with a growing airport.

Is this the new hot property area in Texas since the Austin area is so overpriced and it's accessible to 2 major cities in under 2 hrs?

Does not have a major industry yet, which is probably what's holding it back.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

As someone that has owned property there for 10+yrs. The answer is NO.

At least 5 other STX/ATX area cities should be above it in the power rankings.

AND - the NEW Austin sucks. BUT - the OLD Austin can still be found in Asheville, NC.

College Station is like a... KATY. Beyond saving.

Maybe CS is nice if you're older/retiring and white af. And love bland boring food and terrible bars with loud **** heads.

Also
    SEC, SEC, SEC

updawg, Rashmon, Squirtle and 4 others like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

If I ever do bail out of Texas, even for part of the year, that's in my top few places.

DFWRocket, Sajan and LondonCalling like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hell yeah

Squirtle likes this.
  5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

All you F'ers can head east for all I care. I'm heading back to the Flathead Valley. A little snow doesn't scare me.

Squirtle and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

dmenacela, updawg, leroy and 5 others like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This not about a power ranking and its not to say The area will ever be as culturally diverse as Austin or as "Weired" I am talking only as a growth area, calm down son.:D

You can get some good food in the BCS area and It's not hard to find, but yeah the amount of bland franchise type restaurants is overwhelming.

BCS is nothing like Katy, it has much more soul just because of Bryan TX.

Uprising likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Care to elaborate as to why not?

9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Build a huge lake and beautiful hilly terrain (almost mountainous) and then maybe you have something.

Just b/c population is increasing doesn't make BCS another Austin. Every growing metro area has its own uniqueness, and the uniqueness that is Austin when compared to BCS is nothing similar

Houston and DFW have been growing at an even larger scale then Austin. I know your trying to say that Austin was a small utopia 20 or so years ago when compared to what it is today, but no way will BCS be the next Austin in that capacity. It doesn't have the draw, neither industry nor desire to want to live there

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I didn't know how good I had in Houston until I went to Arkansas.

AXG, Rocket River and LondonCalling like this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bryan is aight by comparison. Better people. Better police. But being better than CS isn't saying much.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The area is much more than College Station and A&M there are a lot of small towns and communities around the area which grounds it, IMO.

There is also a big uptick in Hispanics making a mark on the community, its actually more diverse than you think.

I think it's a sleeper and definitely not as "homogenous" as some think.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With Texas taking in so many refugees from lesser parts of the country, it was just a matter of time till they start pushing into places other than Houston, Austin, DFW, and San Antonio.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

College Station? Wth. Is there anything there other than cows and college students? From what I remember reading there used to be a really good bbq joint there (well, before they actually opened a storefront). That was the only reason I recall wanting to go there. Oh yeah, and I wanted to go to Sodolak's in Snook, be an idiot, and try chicken fried bacon or a big ol' steak once.

Yeah, I've got somewhere in the Carolinas on my list, as well. About the only thing I hate out there is the possibility of hurricanes, but oh well. Gotta give up something to get something, I guess. lol.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No city that's named "college station" will ever be anything more than a university town.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta go with the hipster renaming, it's not "Bryan/College Station" it's "BrCoSt"

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

These are lies. There is no food there worth going out of your way to eat, if you live in Houston or Austin. If you live in Dallas, yeah, something from the BCS area might look exciting.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dude, nobody believes your takes. I'm not even sure anybody believes you're real. :D

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Talk about a lie.

You can't have this many Hispanics and Black people living in this area and not have some good places to eat.

Nobody is saying it's a destination spot, but it's not this wasteland you paint it to be.

Who broke your heart when you lived here?:(