1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like Rockets dodged a bullet.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puppet Master, Aug 24, 2022.

1. verysimplejason

I can see Jabari as a taller Shawn Marion. I hope he develops similar to Marion or better.

tierre_brown likes this.
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Presti is thinking very far ahead, and seems very calculated in his choice of words. Its almost as if he wants to use this situation to make Chet feel comfortable in OKC to the point where he remembers the team and city being there for him at this moment, so he will re-sign if he does end up being a super star that has a free agent decision to make. A lot of what Presti says here it seems like he is really trying to sell the fans and players here, it also may be that they have not sold regular season tickets yet for the season. Based on him stating this is a contact injury, then I guess Lebron did have something to do with this, but he seems to be defending the decision to even draft him, im guessing their fans must be really upset they drafted him, I have never seen a 9 minute damage control video from a GM before from his office.

bluffkin likes this.
  3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

They do, they have a specific list of approved leagues they can participate in, this league was one of the approved ones, if it had not been then Chet's contract could have been voided or he may not have been paid this year.

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I just know if cards played out with the Rockets drafting Chet, it would be chaos.

I like the video and it gives the OKC fans hope. All 5 of them

I wish we could have seen him play though. I’m high on Chet and still think he will have a good career

5. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

He has a legit lisfranc fracture he's totally ****ed
    I feel so bad for this guy...
    He'll be able to play but that foot will not be the same again ever

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

ok what is this lisfranck and why is it the end of the world?

i3artow i3aller and wlekfjv923n like this.
  7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It's not. 87% of athletes are return to prior function after 30 weeks. A lot of fear mongering in this sub when it comes to big man injuries.

8. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

one of the key stabilizing joints in the mid-foot. critical to walking/running/cutting/etc...

somewhat justified in my opinion. lower extremity injuries just tend to be a more insidious problem over time for big men than smaller/lighter players.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

but isn't it aite since shet is like my weight basically. not like he's yao with giant tree trunks, amirite?

10. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Being lighter weight (for his size) is definitely a positive but he'll probably put on some weight at some point. Foot problems are bad because they tend to lead to altered biomechanics down the road if not properly rehab'ed, which lead to ankle/knee/hip problems.

It's the little things that are not properly addressed that add up and lead to underperformance.

11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

The team is obviously not going to be as strong as it would have been with Chet healthy. Hypothetically, they're in the lottery again and win it, does this situation keep Presti from taking VW? In that scenario whichever team lucked out and got pk 2 how crazy would it be to still land him because OKC was hesitant on another slim big. That's the only scenario where VW falls to 2 unless he himself suffers an injury beforehand.

12. omgTHEpotential

In other words, Presti is being good at his job.

i3artow i3aller and wlekfjv923n like this.
  13. omgTHEpotential

I don't think Presti is dumb enough to not take the clear best player available. He can always move him afterwards if he so chooses.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

okay see should invest on kirby/kerrie's foot doctors. they're legit. but more chance they'll hire mergady's doctors instead

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's doing damage control speeches because the fans had enough sucking since 2016.

Rocket fans can't even do 2 seasons of tanking without crying. The Rockets are ahead of them in my opinion.

jiggyfly and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. Asian Sensation

People ignore me yet I live in your mind rent free. At least tag me if you’re gonna talk ****. p***y ass b****

[​IMG]

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  17. Asian Sensation

Lacking critical thinking again. You really are dumb AF.

18. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Same injury that the Texans former QB Matt Schaub had back in 2011 that sidelined him for half a season. After he returned from that injury he was never the same again and his game would continue to regress. Granted Schaub played football and got his injury due to being hit, but regardless it’s a tough injury to come from especially considering he has to do a bunch of running

Jontro likes this.
  19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I get that, but they just lost their #2 pick to an injury that could possibly affect his whole future. He's already going to lose at the very least, a whole season. It was and is just a hypothetical, but if by chance they did win the lottery, trading down will definitely be in the discussion. You say they can always move him afterwards, but what would teams give up today for Chet compared to what they would have on draft night.

Was just a thought. I hope Chet gets better and goes on to have a great career, but so many in the NBA world had reservations in regards to Chet leading up to the draft. Arguing that history has proven that this paticular body type does not hold up well with the physicality of the league. It took less than a minute of a ProAm game to prove those concerns were real.

20. omgTHEpotential

Fair enough. I think if Wembanyama loses the grip on being the consensus #1 and .it becomes a legitimate race between a few prospects, then it's certainly possible. It's really going to depend on this upcoming season. If Wemby gets injured again, that's gonna spark a lot of speculation.