1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Fetterman vs Mehmet Oz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The race for the Pennsylvania Senate seat vacated by Pat Toomey when he retires.

It's getting ugly.

Fetterman is an up-and-coming political candidate, as seen even on clutchfan avatars. Oz is a TV doctor, who is trying to represent a MAGA candidate. It seems like the Republicans are starting to give up on Oz. But the claws are now coming out, as Oz is getting frustrated.

Fetterman has trolled Oz through social media, but in all traditional political fairness, and has not rolled in the mud seriously. He is also had some health issues in the primary, and was off the campaign trail for a while.

Recently, there was a big to do about Oz being out of touch with reality, which is much of Fetterman's campaign. Oz held up vegetables on a platter in a grocery store, whose name he could not remember, and complained about the prices of a "crudité." Fetterman made a video holding up something similar and saying," in Pennsylvania, this is called a veggie tray."

Dr. Oz's camp responded by saying," if John Fetterman had eaten a vegetable in his life, maybe he wouldn't have had a major stroke, and wouldn't be lying to the people of Pennsylvania about it."

When asked to give a follow-up on that quote a few days later, the campaign doubled down and said that promoting eating vegetables was just sound medical advice.

Within the last couple days, a group of over 100 doctors within the state released a statement condemning these statements by Oz's campaign. One even saying that no real physician should ever mock a stroke victim. Others saying that over 75 % of the claims made on Oz's show have been verified inaccurate, totally false, or downright harmful. Going as far to say that Oz is somebody that will essentially use his title as a doctor to promote himself above everyone else.

The question is, how do you feel about all this? Has it gone too far? Does Oz have the right to jab at Fetterman for his recent stroke?

In my opinion, Oz's statement represents everything that is wrong with these MAGA candidates. They're trying so desperately to latch on to the votes of a certain subset of people, and it's sad. The country as a whole should be promoting unison. I realize that elections can get testy, but I feel like a physician of all people should not be making light of a recent stroke suffered by somebody. Even if I had supported Oz before that statement, I would never give him my vote after that statement. Curious to hear what other people think. I know there are a couple people that will defend Oz just based off of his political affiliation. Curious to see what they have to say about it too.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at my local Wegners and the people were pointing out how Joe Biden drove up the price of a humble Crudité ($6 for salsa!) and how they were going to vote for Dr. Oz because he is a real Pennsylvanian.

jiggyfly and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Oz mocking Fetterman having a stroke is despicable

Oz is a horrible candidate

Fetterman is eating him alive, and it almost looks too easy for him

charisma…connecting with the people…Fetterman has that in spades

Oz has basically zero connection to Pennsylvania

his crudite escapade was laughable too…he got the name of the store he was in wrong, and then a multimillionaire with 10 different properties complaining about inflation or the cost of produce just has everyone saying

[​IMG]

Nook, JeeberD, Two Sandwiches and 5 others like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm a tad worried about Fetterman. I really hope he makes a full recovery. His last attempt at public speaking after the stroke was unfortunately kinda worrisome.

We need him to really win this race. A lot rides on this race.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even before he entered politics Oz should’ve lost his license to practice medicine. If I recall Columbia medical school had removed him form his teaching position. He’s just another grifter that the current Republican Party seems prone to nominating these days.

His comments in Fetterman’s health is both a sign of how course and low politics are now and also a sign of how desperate he is.

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes Fetterman’s health should be an issue of concern. Mocking him and claiming he doesn’t eat vegetables though isn’t the way to go about it.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Didn't realize he is still struggling with his health. That's a really tough position to be in. Can't blame him for leaving the race, if his health is really at serious risk.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Easy eating seems to be both a blessing and a curse for him.

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Fetterman’s not leaving the race but has cut back a lot in campaigning.

At this point even if Fetterman were to have to withdraw Oz still might not win.

joshuaao and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Absolutely. It was so obviously distasteful, I'm actually surprised Oz would go there. He's a grifter who will do anything for power but I thought he would have the basic self-awareness to not say something so horrendous.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I laughed, I regret to admit.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Oz should have suggested that Fetterman take some of those diet supplements he has been pimping. Grifters gotta grift.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Missed a marketing opportunity.

No Worries likes this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Oz is definitely off his game.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

He’s more distracted trying to find affordable crudite in PA.

jiggyfly and No Worries like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Oz is the Alex Jones of drs.

Andre0087 likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Fetterman is turning his life around after living with his parents until age 49.

18. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Dr. Oz is weird. I don't think he lives on this Earth.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Fetterman is going crush Oz by like 15+ points. It's gonna be ugly.

FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That makes it even worst for the prosperous multimillion dollar physician that loses to him...

Two Sandwiches likes this.