1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like Rockets dodged a bullet.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puppet Master, Aug 24, 2022.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's like drafting Christian McCaffrey in fantasy football.

htownborn34 and ikedog34 like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I haven't actually seen anyone here celebrate his injury, contrary to some posts. I wish him well.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Lebron already taking the cubs out. Please don't send Jabari to these games. lol.

I was scared about Chet's build. The same reason I'm scared about Wembanyama's multiple early injuries already. But let's face it - this could just be a freak injury and even Steph was frail and injured early in his career. Stuff happens and this doesn't mean his career is done. Good luck to him, and hopefully this is just a one-off that he comes back ok from because the dude is truly a freak.

4. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Yes, I think you're reading it wrong. I see someone saying we dodged a bullet. That's not celebrating his injury. That's saying we may have gotten lucky.

I see a lot of guarded responses because Rockets fans know better than pretty much any other team in the league what it's like to have your hopes destroyed by random injuries. Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, and Chris Paul's injuries all had huge impacts on the Rocket's championship possibilities. It's completely reasonable to say that if the Rockets were "lucky" we might have 2-3 more championships... however everyone knows that in addition to being good in the NBA, you have to be durable to survive the schedule AND LUCKY. The Rockets never had all three.

5. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Its just an ankle sprain

but yeah concerning if it happens repeatedly

DaDakota likes this.
  6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

We did by not signing KPBum to an extension

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Maybe I misread then. I thought he was referring to the twitter responses.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This is why it's silly for people to complain that they don't see enough of our players in these supposed runs.

They are glorified pick-up games, they don't actually learn or develop anything new, and frankly speaking they are unsupervised environments.

For all we know, it wasn't the Lebron drive that injured Chet, but mostly the poor conditions of the court (which was apparently so wet and slippery that the game was cancelled).

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Don't b like Asian Sensation and keep your player hatred to the correct thread. We don't need anti kpj nonsense in thread not even related to him.

Even starting to insult like Asian Sensation by calling the player u hate as a bum.

BallSoHarden, cbass and Zen Tabak like this.
  10. King1

It's relevant to the thread title. I have to see all those weirdos twitter posts all the time do I don't feel bad

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Someone warned that might happen.....oh yeah....Apache did.

Hate for anyone to get hurt; but *IT* happens

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk if u acting ignorant on purpose. But u do u spew anti kpj nonsense if that makes your day i guess.

Rockets still havent make a final decision on kpj yet so the bullet hasn't dodge yet. Which makes your comment on this thread about kpj even more out there.

13. King1

Can you try again in English?

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nah I'm cool. U can keep spewing anti kpj sht on threads that doesn't apply to him. Folks r gonna start ignoring u like they do Asian Sensation.

15. King1

I don't really care. I don't even know who you are honestly

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Pretty sure they’d prefer he not be having lower body injuries before ever suiting up to play a real nba game.

Not like they were going to win a bunch of games with or without Chet.

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm no doctor, but I noticed the report used plural - ligaments.

For foot injuries (like Curry), they specifically mentioned one individual ligament that was injured on the foot. In this report, they seem to be implying there are multiple ligaments affected.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bring him along patiently... In fact. I'd redshirt his ass right now... I'd be like "He'll see yall Nov 2023" ...

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

I hope he invests his money wisely. This may be his only contract. Be smart big guy! I wish him a long and productive career though.

20. VoR

VoR Member

Bol Bol the second.