1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

[​IMG]

raining threes and jiggyfly like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A good way to make fun of them is to stick to the original talking point before the goal posts moved such as the FBI planting evidence. Just respond to them as if you are confused why we are even discussing this when the FBI just planted evidence.

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Trump has yet to say it was his lawyer's fault. At least I haven't seen it as one of the myriad of exercise yet. And the complaint he just filed makes no mention of a miscommunication.

And you know... if our accountants make a mistake on our tax returns, they aren't the ones punished by the IRS, I am.

ROCKSS likes this.
  4. raining threes

True and this has always worried me, because I know nothing about taxes. Sometimes you just have to trust your people and hope for the best. Hiring 85,000 new agents isn't exactly comforting in this regard.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's not hard. It was a subpoena. He was there when the agents visited the property. He was there when he shipped back the other documents which he had damaged and tore.

Claiming it was political is ignorant of the facts. Had Donald Trump not posted about the raid, we might not know about it at all. The FBI/DOJ didn't make it public. Donald Trump did. This raid didn't come from the IRS.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The judge is a Republican appointed by Trump. You either don't know the facts or you are just making them up as you go along.

jiggyfly and ROCKSS like this.
  7. bobrek

Repeat after me. The IRS is not hiring 85,000 new agents. Over the next 10 years the IRS has budget money to hire UP TO 87,000 EMPLOYEES . Some will be technicians, some will be computer programmers, some will be management, some will do secretarial work, some will be accountants, some will be custodians, some will be agents, etc.

Many of these employees will replace a number of employees who are expected to resign in the next 5 years.

The IRS is currently over 20,000 employees short of where they used to be. Some of the new employees will fill those slots.

From personal experience the IRS is woefully understaffed. Even though our taxes are paid, we received at least 3 notices that our 2020 taxes had not been paid. According to our accountants, many of their clients were experiencing the same, as returns and payments were slow to be processed. The accountants would call the IRS and just put their phones on speaker and set them down and do other work. 3+ hours later, they may have the chance to talk with someone.

Quit spreading and believing #fakeness.

8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

or…Trump lied to his lawyers, told them all had been turned over, not realizing there was an informant in his midst, thinking he would never ever get caught… then oops, informant and search warrant.

I guess we should really want to find out which story is true because is one of the other. I bet it won’t be long before Trump throws his lawyer under the bus.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

fake news be like

[​IMG]

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Imagine sitting through 1-2 hour segments blasting the same thing for the past 14 days while amping up your blood pressure that compounds the innate loathing for taxes and the IRS.

I gotta hand it to #fakenews.

They hate schooling and project its worst fears upon it because it's not structured in the way they do it to their "captive" audience.

ROCKSS and DaDakota like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LMAO at your excuses for the millions of uninsured people in this country who can't afford healthcare. Trump didn't do squat, and the GOP votes against everything Biden tries to do. Believe me, people like you and the rest of the GOP simply don't give a damn. The greed is disgusting. Hell, I don't have to worry about healthcare as a 20 year Vet, but I'm sure not that selfish about Americans in need of healthcare.

ROCKSS likes this.
  13. bobrek

Didn't Trump promise to repeal and replace Obamacare? Wasn't that one of his broken promises? Didn't Trump promise to unveil his health care plan numerous times over the course of his Presidency? Did that ever happen?

deb4rockets and ROCKSS like this.
  14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not really uppity is more about not being subservient or knowing your place, where arrogance is thinking you are better than others.

You can be uppity and not be arrogant, but you can also be both.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow, talk about throwing out all the red meat.

I bet he thinks blacks will vote for him just because he is black.

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Deep State corrupted the judge.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Langworthy pleaded guilty to five counts of gratification of lust related to incidents in Mississippi from 1980 to 1984 and was sentenced in 2013 to a total of 50 years but avoided prison under a plea deal. He died in 2019.

WTF?

How is this possible?

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Guess he feels like he has to in order to win support among rural republicans?

So sad that with all the big problems in the world today that some would like nothing better than to take us backwards and/or make life even harder on others.

jiggyfly likes this.