1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

City jerseys are back from last season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Aug 19, 2022.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Hell yeah!!! My only minor issue is that it doesn’t say Rockets, as someone not from Houston and having 0 connection w/ the city ;) But man w/ Nike’s terrible turnover, I didn’t think it was possible they’d be back - also because it was done in spirit of 75th anniversary - but they are so awesome. If the court back too, NBA2k23 will always be my friend.

If someone is kind enough to let me know if they ever see the shorts for sale and or Authentic jersey of Green’s #4 please send me a message. I live in Europe so I can cover for shipping and something extra for your trouble. Authentics are never available online, so that’s why I mention it

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Uninspiring…

#2 J.R., Aug 20, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    D-rock, ElPigto, bigbodymoe and 2 others like this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Agree, those jerseys suck.

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Boy are those some city jerseys

[​IMG]

5. JW86

JW86 Member

WTF guess you can always expect fans to be the ones to only bring the negative. Why not just stay out if this thread? Ass hats

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Les changing our jerseys from something beautiful to those abominations was a failure of the highest order…he should’ve been charged with a felony

with that said, I didn’t mind these jerseys last season…at least it’s something different and not another hideous and boring gray piece of trash jersey or some basic black that’s been done to death by almost the entire the league

even the Lakers have black jerseys

don’t get me started on that baby blue bullsh*t we were rocking for the 20-21 season looking like a cheap Sacramento Kings knockoff

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

The original pinstripe blue pajamas with the WW2 fighting tigers face on a dildo were horrible but the city jerseys last year were kinda cool in the way that they represented that time but it didn't look quite so terrible and it integrated the other elements from other years into it. Could it have been better? Yeah, but I didn't dislike it. It has its place.

Futron, red5rocket, burlesk and 3 others like this.
  8. MystikArkitect

If Rockets brass were smart they'd do a BE SOMEONE city edition jersey using the ketchup and mustard.

That thing would sell so hard.

Futron, red5rocket, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  9. Entropy

Entropy Member

Guess I'll have to skip every city jersey game for the sake of not going blind. Wake me up when they go back to the classic championship colors.

Futron, r-fan-since-81 and clos4life like this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Did not realize these were hated so much, ow well, keep wallowing in your sorrow just because it reminds you of 95-96 and the over designed disasters.

Futron likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As if Rockets Twitter needed those egos fed about the importance of their wack opinions!

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few of these were their “City” jersey
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

Those are the worst uniforms in the NBA. Hands down.

alcatrazpsycho and clos4life like this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cool that they're listening. So Fertitta knows he's a douche bag, sweet. At least there's that.

I have the #4 blue pinstripe jersey somewhere. It says - BARKLEY on the back. Washed up Barkley was better'n anything on this **** team.

GOOD LUCK SUCKERS.

Futron, D-rock and clos4life like this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

Hahaha you guys are pathetic.

groovemachine likes this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

These are pretty dope

Futron, Scarface, Rudyc281 and 13 others like this.
  17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Those are pretty dope.

Idk if anything will ever be worse than the Luv Ya Blue ***** they wore with John Wall. Pajama Pinstripe Rockets are pretty close though. Even the Green/Yellow San Diego Rockets jerseys are better.

Dream Scenario is a rebrand that includes getting rid of Clutch the Bear. The hell a bear has to do with Rockets anyway?

Futron, Rudyc281 and r-fan-since-81 like this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think the yellow ones are incredible personally. They have an Astros-esque feel in a way to me, which is a very good thing. Strong colors, but not annoying colors. Strong design ethos, but not overdesigned. Etc.

I like the black the least. I know lots of folks like the black jerseys. I just dont understand how they are/were ever Rockets. It was just introduce black cause its "cool". To be clear, i dont fundamentally dislike these or their actual current black jerseys, and indeed they might be some of their best... but that's a comment on their jerseys overall to me.

clos4life likes this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The blacks are ok, but it's something every team does.

clos4life and JayZ750 like this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why is it so hard for them to just bring back the 80s/90s jerseys — the ones that were actually worn by players who made the NBA Finals?

Why are they so committed to a rehash of the Francis- and TMac-era jerseys? I don’t get it.

fattz, clos4life and Entropy like this.