1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

That was a crazy fight and that part just made it hilarious at the end. His post fight interview was a bit strange as well.

but damn that knockout kick!!!!!! Usmans face in the slo mo looked ridiculous!

4. Fantasma Negro

5. i3artow i3aller

6. i3artow i3aller

7. i3artow i3aller

8. KingCheetah

9. KingCheetah

#2889 KingCheetah, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man, Sterling has to have the most fortunate of championship runs lol. I don't think Sugar Shane is ready for a championship fight but Dana did say if he beat Yan he'd get it, should be interesting.

Surprised that Islam was able to beat Charles so easily, looked like he just got a good hit in and followed him up. Charles can't beat him on the feet, if they do see each other again Charles should welcome the mat.

Volk vs Islam should be something special.

11. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Geeez, Islam seems to be just as good as Khabib. In my opinion he is even better, he has a much better overall game. He's not shaq on the ground like Khabib, but he's Lebron in his overall game. Remember Gathje saying that no way Oliveira gets mauled....how wrong was he!

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

UFC 281 was damn good.

That main event was good. Dustin vs Chandler was good and glad Welie took the belt from whats her name.

Pereira is like a killer cyborg and is HUGE for that division.

Standing he's close to unbeatable but hes still a near total novice on the ground. I can see him losing soon since his takedown defense and ground game is pretty bad.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man I feel like that was a early stoppage, Izzy was weaving and the moment the fight stopped he protested. Yeah he was hurt but I don't think he was close to being unconscious. That's gotta sting.

I think Pereira is a good fighter (obviously he's champ lol) but I think he loses to the other top contenders, his grappling and wrestling is close to being a zero, he got dominated in both of those phases to a weaker guy who also is not a good grappler and not good on the ground. I think he's just such a good matchup for Iz because of his size and comparable striking but that's about it. I don't know if he's as tested, only reason he got this fight is because Iz cleaned out the division, if they had to make him go through Whittaker or Marvin he probably eats losses.

I think he probably beats Iz again because of the matchup and it has to be in his mind that this guy can KO him at any time.

Also, I know the thinking was that if Iz can dominate the division with his stand up why not Pereia but Iz's take down defense is actually really good. Iz would have had more take downs if he was just more experienced with it and stronger. This looking like a 2 fight reign at most and could be 1 if Iz just focuses next fight on wrestling and ground and pound I think he wins.

EDIT: Also, lets end the Silva v Izzy comparisons. Izzy's been an amazing champ but he's way too one dimensional when compared to Anderson. Hopefully he goes back in the lab, maybe contact Usman, get on his wrestling and try to add another discipline to his game. Silva at least had his BJJ to fall back on.

#2893 JayGoogle, Nov 13, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    blahblehblah likes this.
  14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

15. VanityHalfBlack

Adesanya lost to a guy who always had his number way before UFC. Adesanya was walking through everyone up until last night.

16. VanityHalfBlack

This has to be greatest story in sports like ever. Mix martial arts will always be the supreme being of sports

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The real discussion is in the hangout thread FYI

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Lies.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member