1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I think it will be a great game tonight

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Because he was struggling in the 8th inning with 2 on base?

I was thinking people were gonna crucify Dusty for staying with him too long, but now It's because he pulled him?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

He was never struggling in the 8th and there was never 2 on base when urquidy was on the mound here

He got 2 outs going through sheets and garcia to start the inning. 3rd batter up in pollock fluked a ground blooper to 3rd and was pulled prematurely.

Clutch City1993 and Astrodome like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok I am remembering it wrong, I remembered he was struggling in the 8th.

I will just shut up.:)

5. PhiSlammaJamma

It's gonna be a showdown at sundown. Lets go!

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He is a plus defender at SS/2nd/CF. There is value in someone who can play all those positions.

solid likes this.
  7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He's struggling with the bat the past couple of years, but he's good defensively. He plays too much for the Astros, but is likely okay as the 26th man on the roster if used less frequently.

BigM, solid and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He wasn't struggling

9. RussE

RussE Member

Dusty was struggling, not Urquidy.

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Matt Thomas got a "Damn Dude" from Dusty Baker when Matt asked about Dubon batting in the 9th. Dusty's reasoning was that if the game got tied up then Altuve would have had to come in since Dubon was out...so Dusty was worried the Astros would score two runs...

11. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I'm not fan of Dusty but some of you are so ridiculous. Stanek wasn't available. Pressly was going to pitch the 9th so that means he was going to be unavailable today since he pitched Sunday as well. Which means they were trying to save Neris to be the closer for today since he also pitched on Sunday.... So what did you want? Maton with his 6.75 ERA and 1.50 WHIP over his last 7 appearances to come in first? Smith? Abreu threw 32 pitches on Saturday so he wasn't exactly fresh either.

This is why I don't like the 6 man rotation when you are only allowed 13 pitchers and have 13 games in a row without an off day. I understand why they do it but one bad start is going to torch the bullpen.

Sorry, but I don't have a problem pulling a starter like Urquidy in the 8th after giving up a hit and having the middle of the lineup coming up for their 4th shot at him with only a 2 run lead. He's not a Verlander that gets the benefit of the doubt.

#311 Redfish81, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Don't let that stop you.

I've got your back when it comes to miss-remembering.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

So Musty wants to "FIX" Gurriel by hitting him second between Altuve and Alvarez. I guess Pena is already Fixed.

It's becoming apparent that that second slot is Musty's HOSPITAL for hitters. Unless you're Dubon and and the second slot is already full.

15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Thats fine except that it should be pena batting 2nd, mancini playing 1B instead of Gurriel and batting 6th, and McCormick in CF instead of Dubon. So thats 2 utility infielders, one of which can’t hit, in the outfield. McCormick and Meyers feel valuable, I’m sure.

right1 likes this.
  16. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

It is what it is.

The team has the best record in the AL and Dusty will never use the best possible lineup.

Until the playoffs I'm tired of expending mental energy on it. Gonna just laugh a little and enjoy the ride.

As for last night Dusty made a call. Montero is an important bullpen piece for the post season, has been nails, and had a rough patch Sunday. Getting him back out there right away was a good call that didn't work out.

Just one game.

Pena's stiff neck appears good and the bullpen should be good to go.

And JV is on the mound.

Let's bring home a W tonight.

17. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I saw this lineup and knew y'all would lose it lol. Good lord I never thought I'd see the day that Astros fans became spoiled. I'm grateful...I guess.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. MAstroS

MAstroS Member

So is Dusty going to start Dubon in the payoffs when JV pitches? Good lord this is ridiculous. Dubon needs 1 start a week. Dubon is a defensive sub at best.

right1 and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member