1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos Correa to the Twins - 3 Years, $105 Million

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheresTheDagger, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That b**** will go where the money is. That is what Gold-Diggers do.....

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Take that garbage elsewhere. It's gross.

3. jayfree

jayfree Member

I guarantee you 100%... owners are not looking at WAR to determine how much money to give to a player. That's a fan stat and nothing more. Owners are old school.

4. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I agree with you.

Many new younger GMs look at it.

But they need to sell the player to the owner based on Butts in the seats and chances of a trophy.

jayfree likes this.
  5. Yordan The Great

So pretty much a waste of 35 million.

And I love me some Carlos Correa, so it pains me to say that.

#965 Yordan The Great, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  6. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

She a skank ass hoe.

7. vince

vince Member

Yikes. Those are some harsh words… Perhaps you know a little more than the rest of us, lol.

8. vince

vince Member

I agree that Correa will opt out, even if he doesn’t get at least 35 million a year for the next 2 years. Because Correa has been subjected to too many injuries, and he needs to get his long contract. Correa much like Keutchel have a different view of their value, compared to what either the Astros or the league have; and both are too hard headed to budge from their own perceived value.

Correa, is an amazing player and a positive for any team, but he’s not they guy you put all of your chips on; which is what he asked the Astros to do for him.

And I think too that Correa is angling to secure a 250 million dollar contract at a minimum; because after a few years, that won’t even be an option. The one thing going for him is he’s proving with last year and this year, he can stay relatively healthy.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Can't really blame Carlos for chasing the money. It's rare that you get a person...like an Altuve...whose top priority isn't getting as big a payday as they possibly can.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Altuve got 5 years for $151M. That is a lot of money. It's a bigger deal than springer got in free agency 2 years later.

Invisible Fan and Tuckmose like this.
  11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Just be Thankful that Jeremy Pena doesn't have have that extra ego in outside lifestyle.

Carlos Correa helping out Jeremy Pena last year and teaching him is a Great Job.

Carlos wife seems like a hired gun, Carlos enjoys the thrill it seems like, he was with her when he was quite young and found her on Instagram.

I always had a feeling she was a bad influence on him and he was really young. Carlos should have been even more focused on Baseball. Carlos got distracted and not focused, got injured half the Season almost every year.

Season Stats wise he should've been a better player, I think he underachieved in Season Stats.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Altuve has been more productive than Correa.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WOW!

That's a lot of negative to someone you don't even know.

Correa seems like the real Diva in that relationship.

She is younger than Correa, but somehow she is the bad influence?

I never forget hoe uncomfortable she looked when he proposed on the field, not very Diva like behavior.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

But the comparison was to Springer's contract...

And FWIW, Correa has superstar production WHEN HEALTHY. That is the only question mark about him.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Freudian slip? :)

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Correa is a superstar defensive player no doubt about it. He has never put up “superstar” offensive numbers as a hitter though. He has been a good hitter. I think he has superstar potential as a hitter but he has a ways to go.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He's actually had a fairly good run of health now dating back to 2019... better than Bregman/Springer/Brantley/Yordan/Trout/Judge/Shohei.

This is about who he is... an .800+OPS hitter who plays elite SS defense and has had a bunch of playoff success. That will garner a big contract... won't break the bank like he initially wanted, but he's going to be taken care of.

everyday eddie and BigM like this.
  18. mustang98

mustang98 Member

The biggest mistake Correa made was signing with the Twins. Nobody watches them and they are rarely spoken about in the media so he’s pretty much turned into a forgotten man, especially sine he hasn’t had a very productive year. He should have taken less money on a bigger market team for a year.

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

If he did indeed turn down 6 years and $180M, then that is his biggest mistake. There seems to be some dispute about whether it was offered or perhaps his Agent didn't pass that offer along.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Taking a 6 year deal at a non premium number would have been the stupidest thing he could have done, by far. Giving up almost all of your prime years would have been a complete non starter and stupid. Unless he has a catastrophic injury he's gonna at least come close to that over the next 5 seasons, and will very likely top it, with extra security afterwards.

Players want 10 year deals to get overpaid in their non prime years, not fair market value for only your prime years. There's no way that he wasn't at least offered 8/250 by somebody, maybe he should have taken something closer to that. 6/180, GTFO and come back when you're serious.

Wulaw Horn likes this.