1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Al P has a very high ceiling. Is he our best player? No. But he's very good and might be able to be the second best player on a championship team one day. He has the potential to be great if he maximizes his gifts.

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Jalen was def the best at attacking but he was not good at finishing early on and also was not getting foul calls. I think he improved in both categories as the year progressed. Green needs to get stronger so he cab play through contact which will allow his to attack more.
    Senguin is an master when it comes to getting to the line and that shows in his numbers. I do think his fts might go down as the league figures out all his fakes etc (if they care to game plan against him). Then it will be up to him to come up with counters Ala Hakeem

hakeem94 and Believe It! like this.
  3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He kind of reminds me turkalou (spelling?) When it comes to comparison to the joker. He had all the intangibles that Peja did but never got to be as good. Same with AL P, he has joker intangibles but let's see if he can show it consistently on the court.
    I think he needs to def improve his 3 point shooting and also be more decisive when making his offensive moves.

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Many of our Fans sound like they are expecting greatt things from SENGUN in the upcoming season.
    For our teams sake I hope you are correct,
    However please note that SENGUN was number 8 in shooting last season. Y

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Number 8? Based on what?

6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

bruh this guy is only 20 and he already plays like an NBA vet. what's his footwork gonna look like when he gets to Scola age? yeessshh

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Some all encompassing stats that measure a player:

Winshare
    Box score plus minus
    ESPN real plus minus
    538 RAPTOR
    DARKO
    LEBRON

Heck, PER, even tho that’s not a very good one (underrates defense)

It’s not a sure thing, there’s a few other candidates on the team, but I’m willing to bet that Sengun will lead the team in the majority if not all of these next year. No he won’t have the highest PPG, but decent chance for him to be our “best” player.

#2627 CXbby, Aug 14, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  8. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

There is no way Alpi will be leading scorer but if he plays 30-32 minutes and can't get 18 points/8 rebs/6 assists/2 blocks-steal per game, he will be a failure. In that case it is better Rockets to trade him, sign a max center (or draft Wemby if lucky) not to waste championship caliber team.

Two days ago he played 23 minutes against reigning Euro-champs Slovenia, scored 19 points, 9 rebs, 3 blocks and it seemed average game (likely our high expectations). Less than those figures are not satisfactory.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Ok I'm certain you're a deliberate troll.

Not even DD sounds this idiotic.

10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Is it OK to label someone as troll/idiotic in your environment.

What about if I call you imbecile, moron,..

If you don't like any expression you can explain the correct way.

If you're not an imbecile, please tell us what you didn't like. Otherwise shut your fuking mouth. Stop calling people troll, idiotic.

Believe It! likes this.
  11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Sengun putting up 18/8/6/2 this yr would be more than anyone expected, but would not stop them from drafting Wemby if they got the #1 overall. Only thing that would keep them from that is if something injury wise came out on him beforehand.

But hey I'll take those numbers all day.

:D

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

When you repeatedly make posts which are absolutely insane, yes it's ok to call you idiotic or a troll.

I don't need to explain anything, your post was utter garbage. But I'll explain why anyway.

So a guy who played 20 minutes per game last year with averages of 9, 5, 2 and 1 in your mentioned statistical categories, is meant to double them all essentially (in the case of assists, nearly triple them) in another 10 minutes of game time.

AND if he doesn't he's a failure? Dude you're an utter clown.

AND on top of that if he does so spectacularly 'fail', your next course of action is trading away the 21 year old at that stage Sengun.

I want to laugh but apparently you aren't trolling. Which makes it even worse.

Ironic, you should take your own advice by shutting your mouth and limiting the posts you make, because they add literally nothing.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't rule out 15/8/4/1/1 if given the minutes and if he can limit the silly fouls.

Believe It! likes this.
  14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

If you watched last year's games as a normal human being you would realize that Alpi's assist number was similar to his reb number at the beginning. The team forced him to be selfish, more 3 points trial and lack of awareness/finishing from the teammates. The teammates should be more familiar with his passing directions this year. More D. J. Augustin rather than D. Schroder. His assist number will go up as his scoring.

He will play 50 to 55 % more minutes this year,will get less bs fouls against and his 3 pt shooting should be higher than last year's 0.25 something.

Should be difficult for you to understand. Last year's performance out there and for this year I have slightly optimistic expectations. Might be 15-16 points instead of 18. Not 10,not 12-13.Got it?

I post only about the subjects what I followed in basketball (around 50 years in European basketball and 45 years NBA, Mark Eaton, Kurt Rambis type of people were playing in that time) and what I can evaluate: Alpi, Rudy T, Hakeem, Euroleague, FIBA basketball. Have you ever seen me posting about Gary Bird, KMJ,. No. Why? I know my limits, I know where should I be just observer. Not like you, garbage talking, opposing without facts, blaming, name calling.

Upbringing problem I presume.

15. maj21

maj21 Member

One thing I wanna see him improve is his pick&roll finishing. He blew a lot of bunnies early on, but he did get better later on

harold bingo and Ankara1923 like this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

+1
    Needs better ball controlling.Hakeem warned him several times during work-out.Hope he co-operates better with guards this season.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont even care about the numbers...hes such a great player...just pray he will get minutes.....alpi will deliver...

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey wait a minute? I can do better.

Never underestimate the......oh never mind.....

DD

aaquaa likes this.
  19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yeah, 18/8/6/2 is an all-star stat. I highly doubt Al P will average that. If he gets 13/8/4 next season, I will consider it a huge success.

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

I can see it happening but if he’s averaging 13 points then he’s not getting the ball enough