1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

whoa, I haven’t see this reporting… names of American spies abroad. Can you or someone provide a link?!? That would be insane.

conquistador#11 and Blatz like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Two, but who's counting?

[​IMG]

Reeko, Nook, cdastros and 4 others like this.
  3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Trump thrives on Americans having a short-term memory.

Also:

"The FBI Is investigating Hillary!" - that proves Hillary is corrupt! - says Trump

"The FBI is investigating me!" - that proves the FBI is corrupt! - says Trump

[​IMG][​IMG]

Reeko, Deckard, Nook and 6 others like this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Possible that it was Eric. Maybe he finally hit the breaking point of being a distant third favorite. Maybe his lunatic of a wife has been watching House of Cards and convinced him it was his turn.

But Kushner makes the most sense.

ROCKSS and B-Bob like this.
  5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Sounds like terrorist tactics. Y'all Qaeda anyone!?

Talibanjos and Talibanjelists going crazyyyyyy

Blatz likes this.
  6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if it wasnt already clear that trumpism is a cult it should be now...look at how irrational all the right wingers are acting in this thread. and now trumpers are going full-on kamikaze and committing suicide/death by cop simply because the FBI raided trumps mansion. and fox news and republican politicians are telling that that the FBI is coming for them next.

how many more of his supporters are going to die because they believe his lies?

Reeko, FrontRunner, Amiga and 7 others like this.
  7. Xopher

Xopher Member

Nah. It is Jr.'s fiance. She is the ex wife of Gavin Newsom. She was playing the long game to get info. I mean why else would a woman sleep with that guy?

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember this article?

The perfect target’: Russia cultivated Trump as asset for 40 years – ex-KGB spy

A couple quotes from the article...

The ex-major recalled: “For the KGB, it was a charm offensive. They had collected a lot of information on his personality so they knew who he was personally. The feeling was that he was extremely vulnerable intellectually, and psychologically, and he was prone to flattery.

This is what they exploited. They played the game as if they were immensely impressed by his personality and believed this is the guy who should be the president of the United States one day: it is people like him who could change the world. They fed him these so-called active measures soundbites and it happened. So it was a big achievement for the KGB active measures at the time.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/29/trump-russia-asset-claims-former-kgb-spy-new-book

A man so prone to flattery with such a lust for greed and power taking Top Secret or Secret documents sure is a threat to the nation.

ROCKSS, Deckard, Andre0087 and 3 others like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad I didn't take the kids to the Smithsonian this weekend, yeesh.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Delete.

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Sorry, I’m slow today. I get it now.

13. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I see. Well I guess I won't be voting for that guy. What's his name again and what office is he running for?

dmoneybangbang, cdastros and Blatz like this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

I heard Trump’s son in law got $2 billion investment from the Saudis immediately leaving office that his step father put him in.

No Worries and Blatz like this.
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am struggling to understand basic logic. Trump was a Russian asset, and while he was president, all he took was a few classified documents to give to the Russians?
    Meanwhile, Putin chooses to invade Ukraine while Strong Arm Joe is in office, sending billions of weapons and money to Putins enemy? Wouldn't Putin have been smarter to invade Ukraine while Trump was in office, considering Trump was Putins asset? Trump could have been sending billions to Russia instead of Ukraine.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe Putin got the strategy he needed to use from Trump... Or at least what he thought would be the proper strategy.

Who even knows...

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Putin is cashing in on the pee-pee tape.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/08/14/trump-classified-documents-doj-opinion-00051584
    Renato Mariotti is the Legal Affairs Columnist for POLITICO Magazine. He is a former federal prosecutor and host of the “On Topic” podcast.

Opinion | Espionage Isn’t the Strongest Case Against Trump. It’s Simpler Than That.

Obviously, the underlying evidence against Trump is not yet public, but even based on the limited information we have, it looks like the DOJ has viable charges against him. That doesn’t mean that they will bring them. The main purpose of the search warrant was likely the recovery of classified material, and DOJ might go no further.

I would not be surprised if DOJ refuses to pursue charges, regardless of their strength, in the absence of a “plus factor” like obstruction. But that factor might be present here, given recent reports that one of Trump’s lawyers signed a written statement falsely asserting that “all material marked as classified” had been returned to the government. That falsehood might be why an obstruction statute was included in the search warrant executed at Trump’s residence.

That false representation creates potential liability for the lawyer, because lying to the federal government is a crime if it is done knowingly and willfully. DOJ could investigate that lawyer, who could claim that she relied on Trump’s false statements or — if she lied on her own — potentially flip on him. If DOJ can establish that Trump was personally behind efforts to obstruct their investigation, they very well might charge him.

If not, this could be one of the strongest cases that DOJ refuses to bring.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thanks for sharing that reasonable column. I hope more writers prepare audiences for what @Salvy already predicted: very possible that nothing at all happens to Trump (yet again, which says nothing about innocence). This whole "raid" could be a gigantic version of Wray sighing, rolling his eyes, and saying "okay then, goddamit. let's go get the country's documents back from that loser. SMDH, he's such a time sink."

That's different from, "let's keep pursuing lines of evidence to see if we should bring charges against a former POTUS."

For lines of evidence with more possible implications for Trump and his org, people may want to keep their eyes on the New York cases.

ROCKSS, mdrowe00 and Amiga like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Heck sometimes in Texas it feels like "Howdy Arabia".......

DD

Ziggy likes this.