1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Those are just some things that are generally regarded as what a great player would excel in, scoring, play making, rebounding, efficiency, defense, etc. When you talk about all around best, it goes into subjective territory. There is no one be-all metric to measure this. That's why the MVP award is always contentious. Same thing applies to the best player on a team. Sometimes it's obvious. Sometimes it's not. In our case, it's not. We have a bunch of player with very high potential. But like I said, potential is not reality. We'll have to see a couple of years down the road.

Corrosion likes this.
  2. CXbby

CXbby Member

He wasn’t the best player last year, that was Wood. Sengun does have one of the highest potentials on the team, and as early as this year he will be in contention for the best player along with Green and KPJ. At least that’s the hope, otherwise those three would have failed our expectations and the Rockets would be in big trouble.

Easy and wlekfjv923n like this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

I literally laugh every time yall say this. You dont even know the definition of what a racist is lol. Name ONE racist thing I've posted EVER

Harping? I mean the thread clearly says Sengun is our best player lol. My question is how? It's a legitimate question. He averaged a below subpar 9pts & 5rebs, and couldn't defend a chair without fouling it. He is NOT our best player nor 2nd or 3rd

maj21 likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone knows you are a bigot.

Drift Monkey and Ankara1923 like this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Projecting your own bigotry onto me lol. All because I exposed how stupid you Sengun fans are here. Again, on what other NBA team do you make a guy averaging 9pts the best player? With 5 rebounds looool

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, you do a great job of showing your bigotry

Drift Monkey and Ankara1923 like this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Aren't 2 and 5 the same thing?

Either way, Green is the best at that.

:cool:

Easy likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah hes not and its not even close but ill allow it since i wasnt watching jalen green a lot

if jalen was really the best at attacking the rim then he wouldnt be chucking so much from perimeter and his FTr would be higher.... except if you want to blame it on the coaching which i will allow

and their FTr's.... it isnt even close and i aint even looking at the stats... look it up yourself ill bet you any money on it....and for alpi it was a lot higher before silas and lucas ordered to go full chuck mode from 3pt and stop insisting so much on being pedantic and methodic in attacking the rim

ps and its not the same thing even tho there is some overlapping... but noone on the rockets is as able to attack the rim and specifically iso from the perimeter to the rim in few easy dribbles and manuevers...decisiveky, methodically and purposefully...others you will find most often just do fancy aimless dribbling then chuck 3 pointer over the hand s of defenders..or dribble around aimleslly

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I get what you're saying, BUT since you missed it..

:D

10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Game day.Turkey vs Poland. 17:00 hrs GMT

Poland is relatively weak team but I would like to see Alpi against Aleksander Balcerowski (7'2", 270 pounds) and Dominik Olejniczak (7', 260 pounds).

Come on Alpi.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not even gonna watch it cause the title spoiled it for me...dunk is pretty but you cant dunk basketball when you need a basket(its very rare)... alpi can get his high % shot anytime vs anyone...

Drift Monkey and Believe It! like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Jalen can fly, for sure!

Not an Alpi vs. Jalen thing. I think they can both become amazing.

Believe It! and aaquaa like this.
  13. hakeemthagreat

Bigotry? Because I pointed out Alpren's point totals? I just don't put ordinary players on pedestals. You guys have shown more bigotry towards Silas if anything

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You’ve posted some racist and bigoted things regarding Alp and others. Everyone knows it.
    I’ve called you out on it and so have others.
    Just own it.
    Not only do you have terrible basketball judgement and opinions, apparently you’re a terrible human too

15. hakeemthagreat

Is getting shot anytime on the Turkey team?

16. maj21

maj21 Member

This is gonna hurt some feelings, but I don’t think Sengun is gonna be in the closing lineup in a lot of games. I’m a fan of his no doubt, I just can’t be delusional to reality. I think Jalen, KPJ, EG, Tate, and Jabari will close most games. That being said, it’s clear he’s not our best player. I’m excited to watch him this season though

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It would be a mistake on Silas part if that happens. Now, it most definitely will happen because Silas is terrible at that aspect of the game.
    The thread title is a bit much, it was started early in the season when Alp was a much better player than any rookie and most of the vets.
    He still has arguably the highest potential or second highest on the team.

18. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I don't think anyone excited to watch Alpi hopes JGreen, KPJ, Jabari, Tari, JayGup to fail. As a Rockets supporter (at least 30 years) I hope Alpi competes against the very successful Houston teammates and we talk about Big-3,Big-4.

That's the difference between a decent supporters and some racist slugs.

I am happy to see Alpi as a "best player" but I would not mind if JGreen, KPJ, Jabari, Tari improves better than Alpi. Hope they all improve drastically.

Drift Monkey, aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m glad you agree that it’s gonna happen. I see reasons for and against it, just depends on the matchup. I worry about rebounding if he’s not on the floor. I do understand Silas wanting to not have him out there bc of the defensive versatility. I just gotta see it both ways to judge. Bc Sengun screens are also critical too. Idk!! It’s gonna happen, so we gotta get ready for it lol

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think the problem with the defensive aspect is advanced stats show Sengun is a good switch defender. That can rebound and screen like you said, it would be dumb to not have him out there