1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant requests trade out of Brooklyn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jun 30, 2022.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Exactly - what's so bad about a team trying to go supernova, getting close, but ultimately failing and imploding.

Literally nothing - it has provided tons of content for takes. Oh no, I'd be more excited if the nets were still patiently building around D'Angelo Russell - said nobody.

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya, there's always going to be some luck/variance involved in winning a title. Not everyone is gonna have the warriors ungodly luck. If Lebron had gotten injured in 2012 and 2013 and the heat never won a title, would it have been a mistake to sign lebron? I would say no, some certainly would say yes.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Fwiw, the Nets are clearly asking too much for Durant.

The 4-5 first round picks and an all star is just not realistic given Durant's age and injury history.

Like I've said Gobert "setting the market" is meaningless if the 2-3 participants in the "market" decide to ignore it.

I don't think the NBA allows it but if there were conditional trades based on games played/games won (pick swap If team wins X games with player over 2 seasons or team reaches X round of playoffs) would probably work to move Durant and insulate both teams to an extent

studogg and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What are the odds that Durant wants to go to New Orleans?

6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Zero

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

What are the odds that Durant is happy anywhere? :D

OKC, nah, gotta join the team that came back and beat us.
    GS, we could probably win title after title but nah, that’s Steph’s team, they love Steph and don’t give me any credit.
    BRK, nah, I know I chose crazy Kyrie as my running mate, Marks has acquiesced to nearly everything we’ve wanted…

Oh, I want to go to Phoenix! Just make sure they keep CP3, Booker, Bridges and Ayton!
    Oh, I want to go to Miami! Just make sure they keep Jimmy, Bam and Lowry!

Kevin Durant Didn't Previously Express Wish For Nets To Fire Steve Nash, Sean Marks

Kevin Durant met with Joe Tsai recently in London and it was revealed he expressed a lack of faith in the direction of the Brooklyn Nets. Durant reportedly issued an ultimatum that he is not interested in continuing with the Nets if Steve Nash remains as head coach and Sean Marks continues running the front office.

"The timing of it is also unusual," said Brian Windhorst on Tuesday. "While star players have gotten coaches fired for decades and will get them fired for decades, he didn't express this, as far as I'm aware to the Nets at the end of the season. And he didn't express this to the Nets when he made his trade demand. So doing it now is a maneuver. A maneuver that I don't think worked.

"Because as I talk to teams out there, they don't think his increased his trade value, they think this hurt his trade value."

Windhorst also noted that Tsai statement of support for Nash and Marks also includes a sentence the league paid strong attention to stating "We will make decisions in the best interest of the Brooklyn Nets."

#447 J.R., Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden to Durant: "My fat suit is still hanging in my closet. Want to borrow it? It'll be a bit short for you. But who cares? Grow a beard and they'll mistake you as me."

Slyonebluejay, B-Bob and cdastros like this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Just take Jaylen B, a pick or two and call it good.

JumpMan likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://nypost.com/2022/08/09/kyrie-irving-doesnt-hate-sean-marks-or-steve-nash-agent/

Nets star Kyrie Irving wants to make it clear he does not hate coach Steve Nash or general manager Sean Marks despite what a source told The Post about his feelings Monday.

“I am not sure where this narrative is coming from but Kyrie does not hate Steve nor Sean. That’s not a part of his being nor how he represents himself in the world. He’s about peace, love and acceptance,” his agent and stepmother Shetallia Riley Irving told The Post.

“Kyrie Irving hates these guys,” a source had told The Post on Monday. “He feels that Nash is terrible and Marks is bad.”

His agent declined to comment on whether Irving agrees with Kevin Durant, who reportedly wants Marks and Nash fired.

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is KD simping for Kyrie??

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Durant wants to go to the best teams in either conference, but only if they keep all their top players…lol

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin Durant Views Celtics, 76ers As Desirable Destinations

Kevin Durant has interest in a trade to the Boston Celtics or Philadelphia 76ers, sources tell Ian Begley of SNY.tv. Durant was previously focused on the Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat, who each likely lack the assets necessary to trade for him.

The Celtics and Brooklyn Nets engaged last month on a trade centered around Durant for Jaylen Brown.

The Nets have sought the inclusion of Marcus Smart, who Durant would like to play with if he's traded to the Celtics.

Brown has been the best single player offered to the Nets in a trade for Durant.

The Sixers would have to include Tyrese Maxey in a trade for Durant along with some combination of Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle and other assets. The Sixers already sent a number of assets to the Nets as part of the James Harden trade.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

KD and Jimmy Vol. 3

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I would definitely take Maxey as the headline player over the likes of Bridges from PHX or OG from Toronto…without question

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They can trade Durant for Harden. :D

PuzzledFan likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member