1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Player Are You Most Excited About?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rokman, Aug 8, 2022.

?

Which Player Are You Most Excited About Watching Next Season?

1. Jalen Green

84 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. Jabari Smith

29 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Josh Christopher

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. Alperen Sengun

43 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. Tari Eason

26 vote(s)
    13.1%
  6. TyTy Washington Jr.

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  7. Kevin Porter Jr.

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. Kenyon Martin Jr.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I want them all to flourish. Chemistry will be vital if this thing is going to be sustained for a long contending window. We have the assassin scorer/bucket getter deluxe in Jalen Green. We have great playmaking coming from both Sengun and Scoot. Shooting and defense will now be included with Jabari and Eason. Support players with high IQ and similar talent levels to perform when needed.

I want a dynasty. I believe in what Stone is doing. This year will allow the cream to rise and the player totem will work itself out on its own on the court. When its time to compete we go coach shopping.

ico4498, D-rock, peleincubus and 2 others like this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Green, Sengun, Jabari, KPJ, JC, Tari. Is the order of the guys I'm most excited to see. If Jalen carries on developing, watching him emerge as a star is the thing I'm most excited about. Sengun was my favourite player to watch last season, if he gets better and carries on with the swagger, attitude and flashiness that'll probably stay the same. Really looking forward to seeing Jabari's shot start to fall, and hoping for some lockdown D highlights against guys he should have no business locking down. The other 3 I think all have potential to be way more than they're given credit for, and I'm ready for any of them to break out, I'm here for it.

aaquaa and D-rock like this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

More so Jabari because I'm just eager to see if he has the same defensive impact and can shoot mid-high 30s from three.

Obviously I'm excited for Jalen's development too, but he's slightly more of a known quantity at this point.

D-rock and Believe It! like this.
  4. Lando19

Lando19 Member

None of the above

5. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

What excites me the most is the team with a huge future that we were able to put together less than two years after Harden left (which almost ruined us).
    It is something that is not very easy to achieve in this league. Let's be patient and enjoy the process...

34to11, D-rock and Believe It! like this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'm most excited about Jabari because of the competitiveness he brings. Eager to watch him handle the crunch time intensity and see if he has a clutch shot. Mostly, I want to see his defense when it matters the most and if he can bring the lockdown. Jabari on game 1 vs Jabari on game 82 should be vastly improved much like Jalen.

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Alperen Sengun!

I hope he has a long and successful career.

aaquaa, D-rock, CXbby and 3 others like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't really have one, but I am very curious about Eason to see if he can translate the SL to the league.

He reminds me of a better jump shooting Carl Landry.

DD

D-rock, Believe It! and FrontRunner like this.
  9. PatBev

PatBev Member

Really wanna see KPJ, Green, Sengun work well with each other this season

KPJ is probably going to be my favorite to watch cause I expect a big season but I can’t wait for Sengun. I watch some of his highlights like once a week

I expect Jabari to stick to 3&D for the most part at least this year

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If we are basing it 100% on which guy do you think can eventually reach the highest level the only right answer is Green. I’m really excited to see him hopefully ascend to the next level or beyond this year.

But if I’m letting other factors into my excitement it’s Smith. I don’t really care all that much of what players have done in non NBA games. I’m excited to see how good or bad of a pick we made based on actual NBA games.

Other random categories
    Most fun to watch : Sengun
    Most interesting : KPJ
    Most excited for a hopeful trade : Gordon

Dobbizzle, D-rock and Believe It! like this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The world may not be ready for ... a better jump shooting Carl Landry :D

Believe It! and DaDakota like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

eager to see if James Harden bounces back :cool:

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But Rox fans would be....

:)

DD

Deckard likes this.
  14. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Jabari, it’s surprising he’s only polling at 10% … defense is underrated in the Association.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I agree with this 100% but to tweak the question slightly, I think the most important players to watch this year are going to be KPJ, Sengun, and Eason. If KPJ can keep turnovers down, efficiency high, and doesn't have any major blow ups, it feels like we may have pulled off the rarest feat of a rebuild - solidifying a solid starting five of "homegrown" guys(KPJ was technically a transaction, but he was so young when he came here...). Sengun is important because his defensive growth will largely determine his ceiling as a player or our future center...and if Eason can show signs of being a legit 3 and D guy(hit shots consistently/refrain from fouling), we are really set up nicely to be a good team for many many many years.

...Smith and Green I'm less concerned about them - I know they have fairly high floors so it will be the most fun watching those guys just ball but those other 3 guys are crucial to the long term future of this team and I think they all have some things they need to prove before we start in a specific direction with FA signings or 'drafting for need'.

#35 glimmertwins, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'll be clowning you for that one in the regular season - haha.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I agree about Jabari's competitiveness. Even in Summer League you could just see he cared about beating his rivals to the point where he kind of got in his own head a bit. I think that urgency/fire is something we don't have on this roster and while we are young/setting a culture - that will be HUGE.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Green easily. Has the highest ceiling no doubt to be that top 5 lead you to a ring player.

He’s going to make a lot of the Mobley nut huggers look really bad this year.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  19. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

JG.

tie) Bari, Tari, Alpie
    KPJ

Gup

Boban!

20. kiwirocketsfan

I believe Green is our best hope of being the best player on a championship team.

I am excited for all the young guys, but Green is the one who I have the most staked in.

34to11 likes this.