1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Jones Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Aug 3, 2022.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As has been noted repeatedly the First Amendment isn’t unlimited and there are laws against fraud.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

a radio host with millions of listeners claiming that the parents of murdered kids are crisis actors and that their kids never really existed and telling your audience that those parents faked their kids deaths in order to grab your guns is dangerous and should not be protected by the first amendment.

defending someone who had his listeners harassing, stalking and threatening the parents of murdered kids to the point where some had to go into hiding is not a good look dude...but thats where right wingers are today.

#23 jo mama, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    Deckard, Nook, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You responded to one of my posts a few months ago that you thought I wasn't a liberal anymore but the post proved I was

This post proves you're still a wingnut

Rashmon likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

One of these things is not like the others:
    • Piece of ****
    • Takes a ****
    • Top box office draw, Academy award winning actor, Grammy award winning musician

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Agent94

Agent94 Member

The state of our country and the Republican party has a lot to do with the courting of Alex Jones and conspiracy theorists. This Frontline episode goes into the details, it's really interesting.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Since you're a big first amendment supporter, then you I assume you are a supporter of Colin Kaepernick's first amendment right to kneel during the national anthem - correct?

#27 bobrek, Aug 4, 2022
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Point to one person who argued it should be illegal

9. bobrek

I never said anything about illegality. He seems to support the first amendment, so I assume he supports it.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because you support the 1st amendment doesn't mean you have to support him kneeling during the anthem

its called a "protest" for a reason

Edit: I have my reasons for not supporting Kaepernick. I don't think think a lot of the police brutality incidents up until that point were brutality. Aside from that a lot of people found it offensive to the military and that's their right

One of my issues also is that I don't think Black professional athletes should bite the hand that feeds them. Owners aren't their problem. Fans aren't their problem. They can do a lot more good by first maximizing profit. Money goes a long way. NFL players make enough money to by television networks and say whatever they want to say on their own time

But I digress, I don't mean to argue Kaepernick, just a lot of people confuse how people should react to protests

#30 pgabriel, Aug 4, 2022
  11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Alex Jones is a POS, he knows dam good and well this was never a hoax but he profited from it by selling his snake oil while promoting every conspiracy theory under the sun. He goes to court and lies multiple times under oath, the judge calls him out and then him and his team are dumb enough to send two years of phone texts to the prosecution who then calls him out again as a liar. The man is pathetic and has made millions off the backs of his fellow conspiracy theorists, I have no sympathy for him or his followers. I hope the judgment is more then the 150 million being asked, I am sure his followers will tote the bill..................karma is B

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Alex Jones is trash. Deserves what he gets. Some people here support AOC. Just as stupid

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. Alex Jones is a big liar. But we knew that.

King1 likes this.
  14. King1

He's garbage. Call ot AOC now. You won't

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What? Show me the tragedy she claims was fake and I will call her out right now. Show me where she's talking about lizard people hiding among our population and I'll praise her but call out that it's crazy.

I don't mind calling out AOC. Just show me the times she's called incidents where many people lost their lives as fake and profited from it. If she did that, I will start a new thread about it.

Deckard, Andre0087 and VooDooPope like this.
  16. bobrek

I suspect most every politician is a liar. What is the big lie in particular that AOC is or was propagating?

17. King1

Suggesting violence? Of course you missed that

18. King1

She suggested violence.

19. bobrek

Are you talking about this quote?

“We need to be really blowing up our elected officials’ offices and demanding relief because they want to continue getting away with doing far too little”

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm not in favor of anyone suggesting violence. Definitely will call her out. Show me where she did that, and I will condemn it.