1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. verysimplejason

There's only one issue here. Athleticism isn't the primary tool right now to become a superstore. Shooting and defense are really what's prime today. His shooting and effort in defense needs to be better and more consistent.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Many of Green's highlights require much more than raw athleticism such as foot work.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

He lied.....Jalen Green is like "Papa"

"friends don't lie !"

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

5. i3artow i3aller

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Anyone find it weird that Green is not doing any of these pros runs. KPJ is running with the crew in NYC, Barnes and Harden are doing the Rico Hines Runs. Also didn't see him in the Drew Leagues or other ProAm runs.

He should be getting these reps in in the summer, I feel like those really helped Harden over the years

fckbandwagons, cheke64 and DaDakota like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Totally agree, but he is probably working on his own, should be broadcasting it though.

DD

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I don’t think players need to show us videos of their summer work all the time. I know for some fans they want to see them doing something, but just because a player doesn’t post videos doesn’t mean they aren’t working on their game. Dame never posts much of him doing things in the summer. But I’m not trying to say y’all are wrong for bringing it up, but playing in pick up runs and some of these pro-am games is nothing but a show.

BigMaloe, Rocketeer, Reeko and 8 others like this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I hope he didn't take gas pedal off the foot

10. i3artow i3aller

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think people put too much stock into these runs, reminds me of the advertised runs with Ben Simmons.

Players don't really get better with these runs, the competition gap and even structure is far too different to the NBA. It's basically a worse version of summer league (any competition where a player can easily put up 40-50 points is not helpful competition). It's exactly why in NBA practices, teams don't just run 5v5s all day, that's only a small portion of their practice routine.

Generally, things that are much more helpful are the boring, repetitive stuff. Reviewing game tape, dribbling drills, practicing shots with a hand in your face, shortening the release time of your shot etc.

None of those things can be developed in runs, runs are at best an avenue to try out things that you don't normally try out on the NBA court (like Simmons taking 3s or Harden with that crazy running 3 point floater). However, we can see how little they translate on the court. In the case of Simmons, there are hundreds of videos of his off-season runs where he looks unstoppable, but he never actually worked on his shot, which is why it still doesn't work at an NBA level.

Reeko, BigM, xaos and 6 others like this.
  12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Melo kills in these workouts every summer. We see his averages.

xaos likes this.
  13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Nope. Guarantee he's working. Everyone has always said that. Not all great players (Jalen obviously isn't there) need to broadcast it for fans.

xaos likes this.
  14. marinara

marinara Member

Imagine if grows 2inches somehow like ANT did …

15. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah definitely not worried about Green working on his game this offseason. He has a known amazing work ethic. Not everything needs to be publicized

Mathloom likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

real Green’s move in silence…Jalen Green doesn’t need to post edited clips on IG just so whoever is training him can gain clout

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Green has some of the most cryptic tweets I can never understand what he's saying. Wherever the money call there's a gym? wtf does that mean?

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

He's no Doc Rocket. I took it to mean that while yes Green does travel a lot for business opportunities, don't for a second believe he's not somewhere out there working on his craft Keep the main thing the main thing. Always.

peleincubus and BigM like this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That makes sense, basically a spin on "there's a bank in every city" line. There's also a gym in every city.

20. i3artow i3aller