1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2022 Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Is this satire?

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Video of the entire thing has not been released (i.e. Fanone's body cam footage).

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I'm surprised you can speak with Trump's nuts in your mouth. You are ****ing delusional.

jiggyfly and DaDakota like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I tend to agree with Rep Meijer and think it’s a bad idea for the DCCC to get involved in Republican primaries. I understand the logic but this leads to the possibility of someone more radical elected and speaks to weakness in the part of your own candidate.

That said it’s Republican voters who ultimately are electing these people. That they can be swayed by DCCC touting how extreme they are that is where the Republican base is at.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/politics/rep-peter-meijer-michigan-gop-primary/index.html

5. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

On a more humorous note, Trump endorsed ERIC in the Senate race in Missouri. It's not the first time he's endorsed two candidates in a race but this is probably the funniest instance.

rocketsjudoka and Invisible Fan like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Cult of personality over the USA!

DD

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related
    Harvard Study: J6 Rioters Were Motivated by Loyalty to Trump, Not Insurrection

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which is all the more reason to hold Trump accountable.

The investigation has shown that it all started months before Jan. 6th. That is based on evidence.

Looking at the time line and all of the many different plots for the coup, it is very damning.

Start this at about 45 seconds.

More fun from the Trump team.

Trump and his fellow plotters belong in jail.

Amiga and Invisible Fan like this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I vote in Republican primaries to help them pick the more sensible candidate. To try to game the primary to get a "weaker" opponent is to overestimate the wisdom of voters. I guess from the Democratic Party's POV, if they aren't winning, they're losing, and the difference between losing to a principled conservative or a loony election-denier is irrelevant at best, whereas it should be a very important difference to a citizen.

rocketsjudoka and JayGoogle like this.
  10. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DonnyMost and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

not very many were there to overthrow the government apparently

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not many KNEW they were there to overthrow the government apparently. They definitely all were there to overthrow the government.

Useful idiots.

FranchiseBlade and DonnyMost like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

yeah that's pretty doubtful

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, that's pretty doubtful based on the actual evidence.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Rioter: I wasn't there to overthrow the government, but since a government overthrow started to happen I figured 'hey, why not?'

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Again, Soviet-style show trials started with torture and ended in execution. This has to be some kind of corollary to Godwin's Law. You make light of the atrocities of Soviet dictatorship with these banal comparisons.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The evidence has been laid out. It really is pretty clear.

What is incorrect is to say the whole mob had the same level of knowledge and pre-planning.

Some were there, and knew why they had been called there. They planned where the best chances to strategically break into the capitol would be. They stationed themselves ahead of time. There were others that were there because Trump wanted them there.

Very few of them knew of Trump's intent to delay certification and move to a measure where congress itself could vote for the president-elect. But the vote wouldn't go by individual congress members which would favor Democrats. It would go by state which would favor Republicans.

Did the rioters know those details of the coup attempt? No.

That is why the Jan. 6th hearings are so important is because they uncovered that plot. They've shown the evidence that it was conceived, and attempted by Trump and several members of his team.

But there were plenty of rioters who knew Trump wanted them to stop the certification. They didn't know the whole end game and details, those that were going in to take over, those that were just following.

But the end game from Trump and his team was to stop certification so they could switch the congress by state vote method. That evidence is pretty clear. In fact the election was not certified on January 6th. It wasn't certified until after 3:00 AM on January 7th.

Thanks to the January 6th committee, we know this, now.

Amiga and subtomic like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Why settle for a 2 million endorsement when you can net 4 million?

2 bribes for 1 Eric.

I bet one of them regrets spending extra on that gifted Stripper Cake.

I tend to believe this take as most of them were unarmed, and the first person convicted 7 years was because he did have a gun.

I still think Trump is responsible, and his role in stoking the rioters wasn't violent insurrection, but pure uncontrolled intimidation.

This is only through hindsight and doesn't discount Trump's wreckless and negligent calculation that the lunatics wouldn't carry more firearms (presumably because they intended to rally on the streets).

FranchiseBlade and Amiga like this.
  20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Nonsense. A number of these people were locked up for months without bail for what were acts of vandalism and trespass. There lives have been ruined by all of this. I believe several have committed suicide. This whole exercise is a black mark on the reputation of this country that will very likely be looked back on in the future much like we now look back on the Japanese internments during WWII.

The banality is, as usual, yours.