1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Don't make me point at the board gentleman, we have subforums.

Madmanmetz and The Beard like this.
  2. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

They control for this in the good studies buddy. Seriously, paste in the link to a quality, peer reviewed study that says myocarditis risk from the vaccine is greater than it is from risk of COVID. I just wanna read about the astros and I have to read through this garbage.

3. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Literally no one is coming to this website and clicking on this thread to read a bunch of people re-litigating the same entrenched bullshit that is changing absolutely no one’s minds. About anything.

0 is the number of people coming here for that.

There are places for that. This is not that place.

4. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve thought for a couple years that Luis Castillo has better stuff than his results show and could benefit from game planning and pitch sequencing the Astros use to go from a guy with an ERA around 3 to a guy w an ERA around 2. He’s got ACE stuff, I’d happily trade anyone but CJ for him, but that’s just bc I love CJ and think he eventually becomes a TOR guy.

Nook and everyday eddie like this.
  5. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Trade 1: Underpay. Three years of a prime, all-star for 3 young players without definite all-star upside and Odo.... unlikely

Trade 2: Overpay and not a great fit. The Nats don't need established guys with 3-4 years of control left. They're not expecting to compete in that time-frame. They want multiple prospects with big upside and 6 years of team control.

Trade 3: Light if you're getting both Murphy and Montas. Murphy has a ton of value (38th on Fangraphs trade value column) being an above-average catcher with 3 years of control left. Montas having another year of control might be worth Barber, Abreu and another piece on his own.

6. Landry's Tooth

Lol, just stop?

You're citing cdc data for a disease that kills virtually no one in the age groups discussed and amounts to a cold.

I think you're overly paranoid..

But ok, let's play...

Current death rates according to the cdc as of 2 weeks ago (all strains mixed into data).

Per 100,000
    0-17: 0.00 deaths
    18-29: .07 deaths
    30-39: .21 deaths

That includes vaccinated people.

That's 1 death per 1.42 million people per week for 20-29.

I guess they need to never step into a car, huh?

This also ignores that they have access to world class healthcare and testing.

If you only cared about deadlier things this much like drunk driving, smoking, opiods, etc.

7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Agree. Castillo becomes the 1b ace like Cole was. He slots ahead of Framber.

Nook likes this.
  8. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

I mean I think that's the overwhelming league consensus. He def slots ahead of Framber.

9. Nook

Nook Member

How many pro baseball players have lost their career because of the COVID vaccine?

Also, it isn't about just people under 50....

Regardless, I won't say anything further on it other than to say him digging his heels in saying he won't take it.... but then taking it for the Yankees isn't a good look.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I loved Jake's glove, but I think that Siri is even better with the glove. He is probably the best defensive outfielder in the game.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

Public good?

It doesn't stop transmission.. of the virus or your misinformation...

Screaming Fist likes this.
  12. Landry's Tooth

You're talking about a small sample size of a few thousand people. It's unlikely any of them would die from covid unvaccinated too.

It's not a good look to be willing to risk your health for money and a championship. Agreed... but that seems to be what athletes do every day...

13. conquistador#11

Did my gif not post?

Htown Legend likes this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

Comments like this is why people don't listen to misinformation from people like you.

Biden himself has said it doesn't prevent spread.

You need a mental health evaluation.

I haven't looked at cdc data in over a year until today because there's been no reason to.

There's no pandemic anymore... hasn't been in awhile...

Germaphobes such as yourself need to seek therapy and leave the rest of us alone.

Squirtle likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

FYI

The person you are engaging with is a medical doctor.

The profound arrogance of people that do not go to school and get an education on a topic, yet feel free to confidently offer their uneducated opinions as equal or more informed than an expert is baffling to me - it is a form of severe entitlement.

Would you offer to do open heart surgery after reading a couple articles on the topic? Would you offer to over see the construction on sky scrapers after auditing a class on the topic?

The reality is that in certain cases, some people DO know better because their knowledge on the topic and experience is vastly better.

All of this crap started because the President in power at the time didn't want to politically lose "points" so he started down the minimization worm hole.

BigMaloe, IowaAstro, BMoney and 7 others like this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hmmmm...I came into this thread to see if there were any trade rumors floating around.

Guess I'll go check on that in the D&D.

17. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

Really hoping that Click does something, like right now. Not to change the Astros roster, but to get this thread back on the rails... :confused:

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Way to ruin a thread

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Im not sure where this was discussed but Benintendi going to the Yaknees SUCKS

punkoholic and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. Landry's Tooth

So doctors can't be wrong? All doctors have expertise at all areas of medicine?

Not what i would go with but ok... talk about arrogance...