1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I don't believe Rockets FRP will be top 5 next draft.

Rockets already too talented even without another trade or signing.

Tank or no tank.

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I’m not giving up on this season yet. You’re gonna be playing so many minutes of players who are sub 21, and that means losses. I will be pretty pissed if gordon is still here though, that would SUCK

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What is the average age of the top 9 guys (taking Gordon out of the equation)??

Jabari 19
    Green 20
    Christopher 20
    Garuba 20
    Sengun 20
    TyTy 20
    Eason 21
    Kpj 22
    Tate 26

Average age = 20.888889 years old.

There is talent I do not know how much it can overcome that though. I suppose you can take TyTy and Garuba out and replace them with Gordon and Gary Bird though.

Invisible Fan and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't get me wrong, Rockets will still be in the lottery but it's my opinion that their offense AND defense will keep them from being bottom 5 in the NBA.

Green-KPJ offense was fire to end the season and Rockets just added two more bucket getters as well as elite defenders in Bari N Tari.

Plus Sengun, Tate, Jaygup and EGo. Even Gary Bird & KJ.

Rockets are extremely balanced.

Need to help Nets get us there instead.

Rashmon, AroundTheWorld and eliefor3 like this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

For all those willing to pay $20 mil for KPJ, if we look at actual good value contracts; Jaylen Brown's remaining contract is sexy AF.

2023-24 - $26,669,643
    2024-25 - $28,508,929

That's a contract higher than KPJ, but under-valued. For $5 - 8 mil more, C's actually has a #2 guy, for a team went to the Finals. A squad that overcame KD/Kyrie's nets, Giannis' Bucks, and Butler/Bam's Heat.

As far as news, it sounded the Brad floated the Jalen Brown deal earlier on (as in... weeks ago), both Sean Marks and Brad Stevens couldn't agree; so they moved on. Instead of waiting, Brad went out got more complimentary pieces like Gallo and Brogdon. Sham's tweet of the old offer was likely leaked for the Nets to put pressure on other suitors: like the Raptors and Pelicans.

#1005 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    AroundTheWorld and Corrosion like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Actually getting Brown sounds like a fantasy, but my goodness, he'd be worth diving deep into our bank of goodies to do so. If only.

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

While he’s a great value for the next 2 seasons, by the time the rockets are trying to compete he will be on a max or worst case, a supermax, so you won’t be getting any value when it actually matters (along with hurting our pick this season)

8. TimDuncanDonaut

Yea, I don't think we'll get a Jaylen Brown.

Not to entangle the KPJ thread to here, but it bears repeating on accurately putting value on your players. When to pay and when not to overpay.

Brown on a good contract was offerred as a centerpiece for Kevin (mother f'n) Durant, where when this news hit around the league, it wasn't considered laughable. If we talk about Rockets future core and championship aspirations, does anyone think KPJ in 3 years, can be where Brown or KD is at age 25? Players can get better, we gotta be realistic and hand out contracts appropriately.

By inflating our player's contract, all it does is make it harder (not easier) to trade. I just don't think KPJ is a $20m player. People (not CF) bring up contracts like Buddy Hield's $20m, $18.5m, with logic like if Buddy can get that, why can't KPJ. This is terrible logic. You never intentionally try to setup bad contracts.

#1008 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The League will be getting a new TV deal at the end of of 2025, something on the order of 75 Billion bucks. By the time Brown would come up for a big payday, we should be able to pay and have money left over, in my opinion. Check the link below.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...d-to-large-increase-in-salary-cap-per-report/

D-rock likes this.
  10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

His extension coming up when the tv deal starts is a negative not a positive though

Deckard likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I doubt that they get either one.

I think it's "salary filler" and a pick or maybe two at most. Teams aren't gonna give up top tier stars in a deal for Durant, the idea is to pair him with those players.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

insert laughing emporer palpatine gif

i3artow i3aller, D-rock and clos4life like this.
  15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

What I have learned last 2 years is that it is really hard to be among the worst 3 to 5 teams in the league. It will be even harder this year bc you will have many more teams actively trying to tank (i.e spurs)
    I think just either senguin, and green entering year 2 and minus wood, theis coming into the year, you are going to add atleast 2 to 3 wins. Then you add Jabari and Eason and you can easily win 10 more games.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Gordon is gone, the offense won't be much better. We lose two of our best offensive players in Gordon and Wood. Jabari's offensive production is not going to be at Wood's level at least for half a season. Sengun will improve but will still be learning. Eason will likely play the Martin role off the bench. The only obvious improvement will come from Green and maybe Christopher. Assuming no Gordon, our offense will only be slightly better if any.

Defense will be much better though, replacing Wood with Jabari. And I expect Green to improve there. And KPJ hopefully will too. It will give us significantly more wins.

D-rock and luckyman76 like this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You need to caviat this by saying our half-court offense won’t be better. Our transition offense will be demonstrably better if our defensive improvement is as projected. I know it was summer league, but Jabari’s outlet passing was great. Add Sengun replacing Wood at that skill set and our fast break points will go through the roof. Bottom line is I expect our offense to make a moderate move upward and our defense to improve tremendously.

Easy and D-rock like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member