1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 Draft/2-44] John Metchie III, WR, Alabama

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of John Metchie?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2023.
  1. YES

91.3%
  2. NO

8.7%
  1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Beasley is done in the NFL. No vaccination, No play. NFL teams don't play with that BS for marginal players.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Get well soon. Will make a huge impact in 23

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  3. raining threes

I thought the NFL was doing away with the vax protocols this year.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Doesn't matter. Teams do not want players infecting lockers by being a dumbass.

5. raining threes

Haven't you heard, you're most likely going to get infected whether you're vaccinated or not. Supposedly now it's about how sick you get when you're vaccinated vs not and hospitalizations, death rates.

This is if you choose to believe those who lied to us from the beginning and have profited off of their lies.

If you get sick take Paxlovid and you will be ok in a week or two.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yes, vaccines prevent serious illness and death. It also helps against infections too.
    You have a player who is getting cancer treatments now (yes, he will eventually be in the facility). You want someone who is unvaccinated around him? **** no. Forget about Beasley.

UTSA2step likes this.
  7. raining threes

What I'm saying is vaccination status doesn't matter. It's likely everybody is going to get it regardless of vaccination status.

No need to live in fear. Take the Paxlovid and everything will be ok. I would think Metchie stands a greater chance of getting Covid at the hospital while getting treatment than he would in a 99% vaccinated locker room. But hey, that's just me, because everybody is going to get it anyways and there's nothing that can be done to stop it. Damn Chinese government.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Get this anti vaccine bs out of the forum. It's already dumb enough we are already trying to become the church of Texans with the easterbunny, I rather not the team become anti vax as well.

We don't need an old a$$ vet wr who doesn't believe in vaccination. Like might as well grab a younger wr and give him a go. We ain't winning sht this year don't need to add drama with beasley.

UTSA2step likes this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dude, stop. Just because you have COVID once, doesn't mean you will have the same reaction the 2nd time. That is one of the issues with COVID. Why bother have some not vaccinated in you locker room? You have older coaches and administrators in the building. The point is Beasley is not worth the headache/risk.

Newlin likes this.
  10. Xopher

Xopher Member

This thread should be about John Metchie and his hopeful recovery. Take conversations about the vaccine and other players out of here and show this young man some respect.

11. Damion Laverne

And the Texans continue to not have a good slot WR lmao

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Give Will Fuller a call?

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This team is cursed. I’m convinced of it. Every single thing since they fell apart with that big lead in Kansas City has been bad. Hopefully Metchie recovers fully and helps to change all that!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Seriously? "Lmao"?

Rudyc281 and Champs like this.
  15. raining threes

You made my point for me thanks.

Getting vaccinated doesn't matter and they've changed the narrative because the Trump vaccine doesn't work. Never has for that matter. So what difference does it make if Beasley isn't vaccinated if everybody else is vaccinated? The vaccinated are safe even if they get the COVID. So signing Beasley shouldn't be a big deal.

Or they can just take Paxlovid and be safe after they get the Covid, which everybody is going to get anyways.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Like 10 people have asked you 20 times to get this vax crap out of this thread. What are you, 8 years old?

Hope the dude gets better.

Sucks for the Texans but hard to think that way when the guy gets leukemia - had a step-niece pass from cancer earlier this year, cancer sucks obviously, great this sounds "easily" recoverable, relatively speaking.

All the better for 23/24 I guess, assuming he gets past it... it will be like having that extra pick, and if he's able to be around the team at some point, etc. will be like a rookie with experience.

dmoneybangbang and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are an idiot. Jump stop. Beasley is done.

18. raining threes

I wasn't the poster who brought up the vax crap. I just suggested Caserio sign Beasley and that's where Mr. Scarface took the discussion. I simply replied to him.

An 8 year old plus 1/2 a century. But thanks I think.

19. raining threes

If you say so.

20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member