1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

True

There is no lack of candidates.

Rocket River

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Trailer looks amazing.. still recast t'challa. This movie looks really good from this trailer.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

Looks just like Nope.

Jontro likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

man this BP2 movie looks like it's really going to be good.. Makes me so sad they didn't recast T'challa. This **** looks majestic

still holding out hope for a T'challa variant.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Haven't read spoiler. Looks like half mutant Aquaman is in this movie.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Imagine if A-Train was the new Black Panther....

[​IMG]

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

yooo das wassup.

going in with low expectations since they’re keeping this in the family and not branching out for the new blek panther. would shuri, but i dun think she can carry the bp name, not charismatic enough.

shoulda recast. there are so many good candidates they can pick. michael ealy, tom cruise, denzel jr, kevin hart, the rock. they can even bring back killmonger and the fans would be lit

Invisible Fan and Salvy like this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Looks good to me. I don’t think Black Panther needed a sequel, it’s he best Marvel movie and stands by itself perfectly.

Also as just a general movie fan, not a comic book person, I think Black Panther is one of the movies that has a broader audience than your typical marvel movie. And I think it would be absolutely crazy to recast Chadwick. Give me a compelling story about someone else, anyone can be Black Panther, it doesn’t have to be T’Challa.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

I totally agree with a recast, that's a really good list. My list of potential good blak panthers are AOC, Vivica A Fox, Alanais Morissette and Tom Holland but he is already Spiderman. I'll sub Tom Holland for Tobey Maguire.

Killamonger is fine too I guess, I'm still going to support this movie and watch on popcorn time...

clos4life and Jontro like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's like saying don't recast Bruce Wayne anybody can be Batman. Dont recast Peter Parker because anyone can be Spiderman. It always comes back to T'Challa being BP doesn't matter how many people have taken up the mantle, and yes there have been a few people that have.

It's not crazy to recast. Chadwick was a real person playing a character. It's really weird people thinking Chadwick was really T'Challa/BP.

Also Thor has 17 sequel movies. Black Panther does need a sequel especially when the MCU is bases all on sequels.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I get not immediately throwing him into the role but Marvel would be dumb not to figure out some way where Michael B Jordan’s character is still alive, has a redemption arc and becomes the new black panther.

DreamShook likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's Namor. he looks cool IMO. The people rolling in on the whales was dope.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Day first black PAwnter movies is overrated imo

Jontro likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The costume design in Wakanda Forever looks absolutely crazy. It looks so good.

One of the reasons I didn't like Shag Chi that much was because the costume design was absolute ass IMO.

Reeko, clos4life and Jontro like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

People really hate Killmonger. Even in What If.., when everyone was being redeemed, they made Killmonger a villain. Loki killed so many people, he was redeemed. Wanda went to another universe to kill people and no one hates her as much as Killmonger.

This is going to sound bad even if I like how this movie looks (despite not having T'Challa in there) there aren't enough black dudes in Wakanda right now. M'Baku is the only blk male main character right now. Shuri, Angela Bassett, Iron Heart, Okye, Lupita, and the new person Michaela Coel all in this one.. not to mention the other b-tier dora milaje that get air time.

gawd damn..

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

They didn't recast Joker for the last Nolan Batman.

Too sudden. Too soon.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They also didn't fridge the Joker character after Heath Ledger's death. The Joker character didn't end with his passing Also Joker in that movie was pretty self contained. He got caught. He went to Jail. The end. They didn't have to recast him because the story was over. Plus there are 17 concurrent Jokers now.

Heath played a character. Nobody was silly enough to say Heath Ledger was the Joker himself..

The actor who played Dumbledore died mid Harry Potter Franchise and they recast him the very next movie. They sure as hell didn't fridge Dumbledore.

clos4life and Jontro like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Joker would have broken out for the third film. They rewrote the script since Heath made a huge impact on fans and even won an Oscar

Im just saying BP will come back and "recast". Not sure about tchalla but many folks were fine with Michael B being the replacement...

clos4life likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There was no real pressure to recast Joker because the dude's story was done. "He would have broken out" means nothing to me. There was no plan after the film. Ledger died before the film even came out. Chadwick signed on for 3 BP films. Chadwick as T'Challa was next up after Tony and Cap left.

Many folks were fine with Killmonger being a replacement because they said they weren't going to recast T'challa. it was a compromise if we couldn't have the real thing. You guys acting like the role of T'Challa is insignificant in MCU.

Jontro likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

They recast Mike Jordan as Fishmonger to fight the Aquamen.

Invisible Fan likes this.