1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dave Chappelle sold out show in Minneapolis : update: Fat Woke Whities ARRESTED!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jul 21, 2022.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WaPo

Dave Chappelle’s show in Minneapolis canceled by venue after backlash

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...-chappelle-minneapolis-first-avenue-canceled/

excerpt:

“To staff, artists, and our community, we hear you and we are sorry,” First Avenue said in a statement, which was posted to social media less than three hours before the show was scheduled to begin. “We know we must hold ourselves to the highest standards, and we know we let you down. We are not just a black box with people in it, and we understand that First Ave is not just a room, but meaningful beyond our walls.”
    pretty sure "black box" is racist. Or at the very least, it's not woke.

more at the link.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dave Chappelle will be fine. Sucks for fans who'll miss out on the show, though.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

This stuff always reflects really poorly on the venue and the performing arts community.

That being said, it sounds like this was one of those pop-up/surprise shows... so it's not like they sat on this for months and then rug-pulled everyone. They made arrangements to transfer the show to a different venue on the same night and honored all the tickets so good for them.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woke trannies are mad.

Ricky Gervais said it best. You can joke about the gays, joke about pedophilia, joke about cancer, joke about women, joke about minorities, joke about religion, joke about just about anything but HOW DARE YOU joke about trannies. Nope, off limits, no exceptions. Canceled.

“I talk about aids, famine, cancer, the holocaust, rape, pedophilia but no, the one thing you should never joke about is the trans issue. They just want to be treated equally. I agree. That’s why I include them. They know I’m joking about all the other stuff but no, he must mean that.”

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

BANNED IN MINNEAPOLIS

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/07/banned-in-minneapolis.php

excerpt:

This is one of countless instances of misuse of the word “safe.” In fact, First Avenue has never been particularly safe, and with the current crime wave in Minneapolis it is hardly one of “the safest spaces in the country.” But danger comes from criminals, not from comedians like Dave Chappelle. The danger that free-spirited comedians pose is to liberal shibboleths, which is too much for First Avenue, now just another worn-out establishment institution.​

more at the link

tinman likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

A show being moved due to an upset audience is not a function of free speech or "CANCEL CULTURE" - it's a function of capitalism (which Chappelle appreciates). And there's no such thing as ANTIFA.

I'd be annoyed if I was planning on going.

I'm a fan of his. More of a fan than the white conservatives that pretend to be fans of his because they need famous like-minded black people to make them feel better.

JayGoogle, Newlin and Blatz like this.
  8. DonnyMost

Yeah it's funny how whenever liberals leverage capitalism it's suddenly "cancel culture".

Reminds me of this:

[​IMG]

I don't agree with the venue's decision, but I'm also not their target market. If the folks who frequent, staff, and perform at the venue don't like Chappelle, they're totally within their rights to use what lawful tools are at their disposal to keep him out.

If Richard Dawkins was going to give a speech at church and their parishioners threw a fit and got him disinvited I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep about it or go on and on about how they "cancelled" him.

JayGoogle and Blatz like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's both IMO.

It's Dave's free speech to talk **** about a group of people in his comedy

It's people's free speech to complain about it and say they won't support a company that hosts him

It's the company's free speech to either support or denounces Dave in response, but very likely it's just a money calculation at this point

It's people's free speech to see his show being canceled, and to react by calling those responsible woke r****ds and whatnot

And it's my free speech to laugh at middle-aged men using the term woke all day while huffing and puffing on a forum

It's all free speech, and companies are almost always making money calculations when making social statements.

10. DonnyMost

"Cancel Culture" is code for "I don't like that someone doesn't like a thing".

There is a problem with overly punitive, vindictive behavior on the left... particularly as it relates to social/cutlural norms... but there's an equal amount of vitriolic nutbags exist on the right that lose their effing minds the moment someone steps out formation with them even the tiniest bit on god, guns, abortion, or apparently also the pledge of allegiance/flag.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So crazy people on one side "canceling" an entertainment show... vs crazy people on another side "canceling", I don't know, ABORTION?

Lulz

Nook likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

modern conservatives

[​IMG]

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Ageist hate speech. Reported

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Gervais is right... and Gervais doesn't hate transexuals.... the problem is that people that do hate transexuals take what Gervais or Chappelle say and use it to justify or back up their hatred of transexuals.

As for transexuals, I would tell them that they are no more or less precious than gays, minorities, women or any other marginalized group.... but the loudest transexuals that get the most attention seem to believe their needs should trump all others. I am not surprised though, these are almost always transsexual women that were born white men and grew up with entitlement issues.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You're right, too much. I'm sorry, let me amend

Middle-aged and the elderly.

Nook likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

sexist too. Reported again. May you burn in hell.

17. DonnyMost

Everyone who has a problem with Chapelle's trans jokes should watch this segment:

18. Nook

Nook Member

Has anyone gotten Joe Rogan or Jordan Petersen's opinion on this?

A lot of people need their talking points to express their middle aged white male anger.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. DonnyMost

I think they'd largely have the opinion that you and I have.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What the hell is middle aged anyway, those dudes are 55 and 60

The life expectancy for a man these days is about 75, American men making it to 100 is like getting struck by lightning

New middle aged guidelines 35 - 45. That’s being very generous