1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We will see if he can return to form by how skinny/fat he looks opening night.

I feel like the diet part is harder than training

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You don't think the partying question is fair?

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Not sure if they'll get past Milwaukee, Miami or Boston, but it'll be interesting to see the Philly Rockets with Embiid. Are they still trying to trade for EGo?

I'm pretty sure Ryno's available too.

Btw, what's DMo upto? Does he still know his rights?

Salvy likes this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Harden will be back in Houston in a year after he is crucified in Philly. I don't see Tilman being able to help himself.

Willing to take less money now but not being willing to forego the food, money or partying the last 5 years. I don't see Philly being on the same level as Boston or GS.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

They were in the top of the East last year and made it to the 2nd round that's not mediocre.

What quality contributors?
    PJ?
    D Melton?

Those are both quality guys.

Air Canada likes this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

What did he do again? Take a paycut after how many years? To sign an old role player and 3 G leaguers? How much money is Harden losing out on again? Harden takes care of Harden, always has and always will... No one hates Harden, you either adore him or you see him for who he is and critique his choke jobs plus quitter mentality. If he was still in Houston Harden's pay cut could land us Lamb, Nix and Mitchell.... #championship aspirations

Milos likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Looks like Embiid is going to have carry Harden again

[​IMG]

BallSoHarden likes this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It is absolutely mediocre relative to what Harden has experienced his entire career. 2nd round exit is pretty mediocre for Harden, if you are the Orlando Magic sure this would not be mediocre, but when you have 3 super max vets in their prime, that is below mediocre vs expectations. PJ is 37 years old, they have not signed a single person that will put them over the top next year, not one. They can't unless they trade Toby, they are a stuck franchise until then. Unless Harden turns the clock back and becomes Houston James Harden, Philly will continue to perform the same way as they have this era. They are not going to beat a healthy BOS, MIL or GSW team next year. They likely are not even better than Memphis, Miami, and whatever team lands KD. I have literally had this EXACT same convo 3 consecutive years on Clutchfans lmao. Every summer I say Philly is not winning it all, they are a 1st/2nd round exit and for some reason people on this forum think Embiid is turning into an ironman that will carry their roster.

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is a delusional post. Most people who know basketball have Phili as a top 3 seed. Hell Lowe isn't even discounting Harden. He isn't buying the washed narrative like many here are swallowing. Barring health Phili will be right there at the top of the East and has just a good of shot as any at getting to the finals. They improved the roster tremendously. PJ, Melton and House are all guys who can play minutes in the playoffs. Maxey will probably take another step in the right direction. Harden finally healthy and Embid finally healthy.

It's not talent holding back Phili it's health and nothing else.

Air Canada and jiggyfly like this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lol you sound delusional, even within your own post you mention health. If I have seen the same guys get hurt 3 years in a row and flame out the same way, and have seen Doc rivers consistently under perform for the past 14 years, and I expect the same thing to happen, that is reasonable, lol people who expect different results for no apparent reason are truly delusional. Most people who know basketball, lmao yeah anyone that actually knows basketball knows it is not reasonable to expect much from PJ tucker on a contract that he will be 37-40 years old on lol, that is delusion. People mentioning the signing of Danuel House, lmao this is a guy who was on 10 day contracts last year, was close to being out of the league, now hes this great 2 way player all of a sudden. Dude like I said I have said this same exact thing 3 years in a row, Philly is not winning a championship, maybe you were the same person who argued with me last year and the year before, look at where they ended up, and that is after adding James lol. Only insane people think that if you run back with the same group you should expect different results. When has Embiid ever finished an entire season and playoffs healthy? Harden has not been 100% in 2 years+ they even refer to his past as "Houston James Harden", Embiid even know hes not getting Houston James Harden. No one is discussing a top 3 seed, we are talking about playoff success. You really think Harden is giving up $50M+ so he can brag about 3 seed? Lol that is delusional.

lmao "barring health" what a ridiculous post, that is the entire argument here. Embiid has broken down every year since his existence, Harden has been injured 3 years in a row now, PJ is 37 years old, I am sure the Nets would have been a great team barring drama.

#3290 BallSoHarden, Jul 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    Milos and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So now it's mediocre relative to something that fits what you want.

You are judging this on a half-season of Harden where Embid got hurt and missed games against the #1 seed and lost.

If you want to make a claim cool I am willing to see how it works out.

They were better than the team KD was on last year but for some reason, they will not be better whatever team it is this year?

Makes total sense.

ksny15 likes this.
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lmao no genius, it is a relative term. Just like i am sure your mom called you smart, but vs. the rest of society it does not hold true.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Relative term?

Mediocre is not as has not been a relative term, nobody uses mediocre only concerning playoff teams, and even so so them making it to the 2nd round is better than mediocre.

This is the actual definition of mediocre.

me·di·o·cre
    /ˌmēdēˈōkər/
    adjective

• 1.of only moderate quality; not very good:

Do you think the team that finished top 3 in a stacked east is not very good?

A mediocre "playoff" team would be a play-in team who never makes out of the 1st round.

14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

You seem very slow, i know you put in the effort to google the definition of mediocre so will respond lol. you are literally comparing this Philly team to the rest of the NBA, I am comparing this Philly team to past Philly and James Harden teams. Mediocre is absolutely a relative term. You have to have something to compare it to. since you like goolging, try looking up what relative means lmao, it literally means in relation or proportion to something. You are way too slow for me to even try to explain this to. Lmao do you know what Moderate means? Google that, "average in amount, intensity, quality, or degree." do you know what AVERAGE means? Lord you are so slow.

Asian Sensation and Salvy like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I'm not slow I just don't understand why you are comparing last year's team to past Philly teams or James Harden team it seems you are trying way to hard to fit last years team into the definition you want.

I a not the slow one you just don't seem to actually understand what mediocre means and you are trying way too hard to disparage what Philly did last year and you never acknowledge that Embid had an orbital fracture last year that's not an injury that's chronic.

I'm not the slow one here I am illustrating how terrible your take is.

Since when has a past Philly team done so much better than last year's team anyway?

They have not been past the 2nd round in 20 years but somehow last year's team was mediocre to their history?

And you claim I am slow?

Air Canada likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How would you know though?

jiggyfly and BallSoHarden like this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think Tobias Harris Huge Salary and Contract is going to Hurt the Sixers during this Season.

The 76ers cant upgrade the Wing Positions Defensively in Young Talent. Tobias Contract is holding the 76ers back. The 76ers need 3 Wing Players that are young and athletic and gave speed in lateral defense.

Giannis Antetekounmpo, Khris Middleton
    Jayson Tatum, Jalen Brown
    Jimmy Butler
    vs
    PJ Tucker, Tobias Harris is Laughable

PJ Tucker is really old and undersized to play Power Forward. Gives nothing Offensively.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

James Harden isn't playing hardball in contract talks with the Philadelphia 76ers; he just wants "whatever is left over."

"I had conversations with [team president] Daryl [Morey], and it was explained how we could get better and what the market value was for certain players. I told Daryl to improve the roster, sign who we needed to sign and give me whatever is left over," Harden told Yahoo Sports. "This is how bad I want to win. I want to compete for a championship. That's all that matters to me at this stage. I'm willing to take less to put us in position to accomplish that."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ys-take-left-philadelphia-76ers-next-contract

Fk Blames Hard-on... that narcissistic jerkwad... he's just willing to forgo a few million to try and repair his image... if he wasnt known as such an asshat he'd prob make substantially more on endorsement deals... i aint buying his bull!

19. Asian Sensation

Take a pay cut, add some new teammates, drop some weight, get healthier, less partying. Whatever.
    It won’t matter. Still not gonna win a Championship. I’ll remind you Harden fanbois again next summer. Like I always do. Looking forward to your barking and false sense of hope in the regular season :cool:

20. Asian Sensation

You never gave a **** about Philly until Harden got there and now you’re questioning why @BallSoHarden or anyone else is comparing past Philly or Harden teams? Huh? You’re claiming their results with Harden weren’t mediocre when that’s exactly what it was in the regular season and their results in the playoffs was downright disappointing.