1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My brother was shot in the face

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Vivid, Jul 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivid

Vivid Member

My little brother was shot in the face while jogging in the park last night. The bullet was a couple inches off from being fatal, shrapnel embedded around his eye socket. The police's response was that this was "just" a "common" drive-by shooting. Apparently random attempted murders happen (often!), especially during sudden weather changes. Shootings in Austin, Texas (in a safe neighborhood no less) are so prevalent that my brother's incident was deemed too minor to follow-up on. It is 2022 and Americans need to worry about being SHOT at while trying to get some exercise?

This is UNACCEPTABLE!!

Please Please Please stay safe out there and let me know if you have any ideas on how to escalate further action (especially to any of my Clutchfans Austin bros)! And keep my little bro in your prayers.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Horrible. I hope your brother will fully recover. This is crazy.

Houstunna and Vivid like this.
  3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This doesn't sound right. No way cops are going to just say to an incident where someone was shot in the face "too minor to follow up on". To go further if your brother was shot in the face the last thing you'd be doing is hopping on a basketball message board the next day you barely post on. Not buying it.

tinman, J.R., Squirtle and 8 others like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely horrible. I hope your brother has a speedy and full recovery.

Vivid likes this.
  5. Vivid

Vivid Member

You ****ing piece of ****! You don't know what the **** you are talking about!! I am posting on any medium I have because the police have been unresponsive, you miserable piece of human filth. They are literally telling my family that shootings during inclement weather is a common occurrence, and they will not be following up. The officer talking to my brother said "don't let this be your 9/11 where people are afraid of airports, don't be afraid of parks"... Like WTF!! We are trying to see if anyone knows how to call more attention to what I can only describe as police inattention/incompetence. Why would anybody make up such a thing? I live on the East coast, that is why I am posting in a forum primarily comprised of Texas residents.

But also **** you, @King1

6. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Hope your brother is able to make a full recovery.
    Didn't realize Austin had that much crime, but it did grow in size real fast.

I would see if you can get in contact with any local news media. They are always in the look out for stories and the attention could put some pressure on the cops to actual investigate the shooting.

7. King1

Sure. Anyone with any semblance of intelligence knows this isn't true. You went to a Houston Rockets message board to see if anyone here would know how to draw more attention to your brother being shot in the face? Yeah ok. Secondly, no cops are going to say someone getting shot in the face is "too minor to follow up on". Lastly, stop drinking and trolling.

tinman and J.R. like this.
  8. Vivid

Vivid Member

Go **** yourself, @King1

Squirtle likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

this story sounds…strange

Police acting like a drive-by shooting in a park in a safe neighborhood is some everyday purse snatching? Don’t let this be your 9/11?

J.R., Slyonebluejay, TheJuice and 4 others like this.
  10. King1

At least put some effort into your next troll job.

11. King1

Because it's bullshit.

TheJuice likes this.
  12. Vivid

Vivid Member

This is what happened. He was out for a jog and was shot. The police on the scene told him to "not let this be your 9/11". You think it is strange, well sure. Crazy random acts of violence sound crazy! It is crazy to me that my little brother was shot for no reason!! It was crazy to hear about it when he was in the emergency room. I have no incentive to make up a story, I was hoping someone here had or knew connections to Austin media.

The guy is right when saying I rarely post. This would not be my hill to die on. There is no political slant to this, I am simply looking for help. My brother was shot and APD is unwilling to assist my family any further at this time. Shot in the face, having surgery on Monday to remove shrapnel. If anyone here knows of how to escalate further action please DM me.

Also, my brother was ****ing shot. **** @King1 and you!

13. King1

There is no political slant but you put it in the D@D? Nobody even mentioned a political slant to begin with until you just did dummy. Nobody is dm'ing your drunk ass. Just put the bottle down and go to bed. This is just pathetic

TheJuice likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Fck me for not automatically believing that police deemed a freaking drive-by shooting in a safe neighborhood as too minor to follow up on? Ok…

15. HTM

HTM Member

Well based on my experiences with HPD… police doing nothing sounds believable enough

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That’s shocking, OP. I hope your brother is OK. As someone who lives in Austin, and in a neighborhood I consider safe, as safe as any, what neighborhood is it? Which park? I’m very surprised at the police response, as well.

17. Vivid

Vivid Member

That's what happened. In Austin there have been multiple drive-by shootings this week alone. My brother was the victim of one of them. The police are telling us they will not be following up. The officer on the scene made some bullshit references to 9/11. I have posted on every internet medium I frequent, this being the only one that thinks someone would make this **** up (you have no idea how both insulting and maddening it is to be in crisis and have someone say "nah"). I thought it was too alarming for the hangout, so I placed it here. I feel terrible for my little bro.

Also **** @King1

Squirtle and durvasa like this.
  18. Vivid

Vivid Member

He lives in an apartment by the river in Travis Heights. I have been to Austin for work before but not super familiar with that part of town. The park was apparently close by. We are shocked by the police's response as well.

19. King1

Sounds like you have an issue with me calling you on your bullshit.

tinman likes this.
  20. Vivid

Vivid Member

It's Friday, I'm here worried about my brother but you should go do something else.

Also, **** you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.