1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Astros Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by torque, Apr 4, 2016.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Homophobia is definitely talking about fear of Homosexuals.

It's a belief that most of the hate and vitriol against Homosexuals comes from fear of the "other" like it might rub off or feelings are being suppressed.

I have no idea why this topic is being discussed here and this will be my last post on the topic.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

It is just a little Inside Baseball talk.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  3. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

This isn't sarcasm? One team has had a pitching staff good enough to get to the world series over and over again and the other is an abomination.

One organization thinks the relationship between the catcher and pitcher isn't properly quantified by statistics in the public domain and doesn't give a **** about offensive WAR for that particular position.

Stop questioning this methodology. At least until we don't make an ALCS. Or at least use players we didn't ditch that play on a good team.

4. Buck Turgidson

Hank McDowell likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Stassi sucks behind the plate, "total package" my ass. He's a fine backup catcher to a backup catcher.

6. Nook

Nook Member

WAR needs to be taken with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to defensive metrics and catching.

As yourself this, do you really believe Stassi is a better player than Hader? Is there a single team in the league that would take Stassi over Hader?

7. Nook

Nook Member

Yes! People choose their religion and if their religion teaches them to be homophobic, racist and/or sexist and they go along with it… then they are racist, homophobic or sexist.
    Having a Religion doesn’t excuse hatred and because your religion justifies it doesn’t excuse it either. Pick a religion that isn’t for douchebags, it’s not hard.

I am a bigot for not excusing racism or sexism or homophobia? Okie dokie.

I don’t like Nazis either, I guess that makes me a bigger bigot.

Get into the 21st century, we no longer accept repressive harmful crap because you choose to follow a strain of religion that is revolting.

There are Christian Churches that are more in line with the Biblical Jesus, join one of them and stop worrying about a woman taking your job, a black man fornicating with your daughter or a gay man sharing your air.

The Drake, JeeberD, ImG and 6 others like this.
  8. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

If Jesus walked the earth in our times he’d be called a violent anti-Semite preaching a doomsday cult and calling for all pedophiles to be lynched. On top of that, he advocated for his followers to scorn their own families to follow him, and to sell everything they own to be armed.

He was hated back then, and He most certainly doesn’t conform to our modern sensibilities. That’s the point.

He’d likely die in the same manner, at the hands of gentiles, on the orders of Jews.

9. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

I'm just here to see if anyone knows Jesus' xwoba that year he played for the Astros... :confused:

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Probably not great, it's been suggested that Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball.

JeeberD, Colt45, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  11. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

IL: Jesus Christ, Day-to-Day (Murdered)

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

As a Yacht Rocking aficionado of The Dan, I approve of this message...

Nook likes this.
  13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

You just play a man down. He didn’t need 10 days on the IL just 3. Miss a weekend series and back on Monday.

14. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

I got a idea!
    We should put together a site where people who are interested in baseball can get together and talk about baseball.
    We could leave all the crap about who is full of hate, or **** or whatever to others. I have no interest in pissing on you and even less interest in being pissed on by you. If you must indulge in expressing your hatred of those you disagree with about things unrelated to baseball please do it elsewhere

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You choose your religion, and if your religion tells you to be an *******, then you are an *******.

Unfortunately, we need religion in this world because there are literally billions of people that would be even bigger assholes without religion telling them not to be.

raining threes and jiggyfly like this.
  16. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

17. Screaming Fist

If Jesus really is omnipotent, can he throw a fastball so hard that not even he could hit it?

marks0223 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

BlindHog likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Unstoppable Force meets Insurmountable Object