1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, I feel the Rockets are fine with Gordon having that Augustin vet presence role....
    money coming off the books at seasons end.

Not wanting to add unwanted salary from a trade unless it's for a better
    than average to good player in return.

Unless the Rockets need the roster spot.....just keep him.
    Deal him for 2 or 3 second round picks at the deadline.

TheJuice, smoothie, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  2. Rokman

Rokman Member

My guess is Stone is looking for a trade where he can offload Gordon, Burke, Brown, Boban, etc. Several contracts for one player or a player and a pick. That would probably take some time. I'd like to see Martin Jr. stay just to see what we have with him though Eason may have just erased him on the depth chart. I'd like to see the defense with Martin Jr / Eason / Smith Jr. all on the court at the same time.

mikol13, raining threes and jcmoon like this.
  3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Russ? Lol

txtodd likes this.
  4. PeppermintCandy

Gordon is still skilled enough to be on a contender, but doesn't complain about his role or playing time on a rebuilding team and brings his "A" game on the court. Most guys of his caliber would have pushed to get traded, mailed it in, or played selfishly.

I think this is why the Rockets management truly love having Gordon on the team and around the young players, and why they haven't budged on any of the trade offers so far.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Add EGo to KD trade and get this done.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Rockets don’t want any undesirable salary for more than next season coming back in an EG trade, which is understandable given their priority on preserving cap space for the 2023 offseason. With that in mind it’s really challenging to see any of the major suitors having enough matching salary to do a trade straight up. Most teams can offer a future 1st round pick. 3-team deals seem like the most realistic possibility, and those are hard to forecast.

Bucks:
    Unless they send us Lopez in a deal for EG, they’d have to aggregate 5 contracts to send back matching salary. The Bucks view Lopez as an important piece and we are unlikely to take back 5 expiring contracts when we already have 19 roster spots with guaranteed salary.

76ers
    With Danny Green off their books, they simply do not have enough expiring contracts to trade for EG

Heat
    Without unloading Duncan Robinson’s multi-yr contract the Heat don’t come close to having enough expiring contacts to trade for EG, and Herro is unlikely to be moved in such a deal.

Suns
    Phoenix appears to be the best candidate to make a straight up trade for EG. Crowder (I suspect too valuable to trade) and Saric’s expiring contracts almost get them there, but they also have Payne and Craig’s expiring contracts worth $10 mil. Of course there’s also the question of Ayton RFA and the Kevin Durant sweepstakes. Safe to say that the Suns are gonna want to retain maximum flexibility until those things shake out. But they are the team best suited to offer a similar deal to the one we got from Dallas for Wood: a protected 1st round pick, plus expirings, for EG.

Milos, Corrosion, theDude and 4 others like this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I, uniquely, no one else at all, wish to see a recap of each trade offer rejected by RS, the very best, v The Rest.

Are the trade offers as ‘leaked’ or do each contain its own warts

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Saric, Payne and a future protected 1st for Gordon works.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone needs to trade for Myles Turner AND Matisse Thybulle so Rockets can become ELITE defensive team.

To Sixers
    Eric Gordon
    Joe Harris

To Pacers
    John Collins
    Rockets 2024 FRP (Swap option)

To Hawks
    Kevin Durant
    KJ Martin

To Nets
    Tobias Harris
    Bogdan Bogdanovic
    David Nwaba
    Usman Garuba
    Hawks 2023 FRP
    Hawks 2024 FRP
    Pacers 2025 FRP (Lottery Protected)
    Rockets 2027 FRP (Lottery Protected)
    Hawks 2029 FRP
    Sixers 2029 FRP
    Hawks 2024 FRP (Swap option)
    Hawks 2028 FRP (Swap option)
    Hawks 2025 SRP
    Hawks 2026 SRP

To Rockets
    Myles Turner
    Matisse Thybulle
    Jalen Johnson
    Pacers 2023 FRP (Swap option)

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pull the trigger on this trade.

To hell with the FRP.

11. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I dont hate it.. but I dont see why the 76ers help the Hawks contend. Thats kissing your sister right there.

D-rock likes this.
  12. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I like Thybulle, but there is a reason, that Morey wants to get rid of him. He is basically a zero on offense. He doesn't provide any spacing, he isn't a very good passer and he doesn't get to the line. In todays NBA, the other teams will just ignore him and play 4 on 5.

There is also the question of whose spot he should take. He is a 2 or 3. Right now we have Green, Christopher, Tate, Eason and KJ playing his positions. Tate shot the same percentage as Thybulle from 3 last season and is better on everything else offensively, including rebounds. Josh was a little worse from 3, but he should be able to improve that.

I would play all of these players of Thybulle right now - in part to see them progress but also, because they can be productive on both ends of the floor. And Thybulle is up for a contract extension.

Of course, no one is as good as Thybulle defensively. But with Smith, Eason and Tate we do have our defensive core in place right now - this team looks a lot different from last year on the defensive side. We don't need help that much any more. Maybe a rim protector...

robbie380, clos4life, CVcrew and 2 others like this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's really not a big deal. Hardly any vets left on the team and his contract is expiring. Would be stupid to trade him for just an expiring contract when you can just let his contract expire. Rotation depth is irrelevant, no one but uninformed obsessive compulsive fans care how deep we are at each position in a rebuilding season. We'll go small and push everyone up one position. For young players, even playing out of position is great experience.

Having said that, I don't like his attitude on the court. He's a ref whiner and some of the young guys will pick that habit up. It's a totally idiotic habit, complaining does not get you more calls in the long run. It's tempered by the fact that refs don't like whiners and will skip some other calls because of it. Just play the game and get back on defense, save the whining for key playoff moments so that its understood its a special situation and not just any time you attack the basket.

Happy to lose him for expiring contract of a player who doesn't mind being benched most of the season. Gordon doesn't want to be here, and hasn't wanted to for a while. People who's feelings are hurt are most risky.

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Thybuille is D-Rock’s new Simmons. I wouldn’t mind him in place of Tate or KJM on the off chance that he could develop a little bit of offense. He, like Simmons, are really good defensive players. He un-like Simmons will come off the bench and not dominate the ball. All that being said I don’t think either the Nets or the Hawks would sign on for this deal.

D-rock likes this.
  15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I obviously would prefer landing Myles Turner with Ego somehow, but.....

HOU - PHI - CHA
    PHI: Gordon (HOU)
    CHA: Thybulle (PHI) + Korkmaz (PHI) + Niang (PHI)
    HOU: Milton (PHI) + K. Jones (CHA) + Plumlee (CHA) Plumlee bought out for $6M + rights to DEN 2023 pick (via CHA) 15 - 30

HOU-DET
    DET: Boban (HOU) + Burke (HOU) + Brown (HOU) + Chriss (HOU) + future SRP
    HOU: Olynyk (DET)

Nwaba traded to Clippers (or Pacers or Mavs or Nets) for future SRP or included in DET trade

Scoot - Shake - TyTy
    Thrilla - JayGup - Nix
    KMJ - Tate - GBird
    JSJ - ERason - Garuba
    Sengun - Olynyk - K. Jones

D-rock likes this.
  16. Landry's Tooth

To Sixers
    Eric Gordon

To Spurs
    Korkmaz
    Thybulle
    Marjanovic
    Niang
    Milton
    Kenyon Martin

To Rockets
    Jakob Poeltl

Might need to do a pick from Philly to Houston or SAS...

Rockets flip Gordon for premium center depth with size. Also no long term money.... could push and help develop Sengun for a year...

Spurs are tanking and converting 27 year old Poeltl needing an extension next year as an unrestricted fa to 22 year old Kenyon Martin under club control for 2 years before rfa and 25 year old Thybulle entering rfa in a year. Thybulle seems like the kind of player the Spurs like to develop.

Sixers get Gordon for Thybulle and salary filler...

Maybe send a sixers first to Houston and a couple of 2s to Spurs from Houston...

Aruba77 likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thybulle would LEAD this defense and turn a very good defense into a truly elite one.

Even if he's on the 2nd unit.

Rockets would have 2 or 3 plus defenders on floor all the time.

Lean into our strength. There will be enough scoring between Green, KPJ, Sengun, Mathews, Eason, Jabari and TyTy.

Milos likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hawks wouldn't want to replace Collins with Durant???

They are looking at similar trade package for Ayton.

KD is much more dominant than Ayton.

And 3 FRP, 3 SRP, 2 pick swaps is peanuts for player of Durants talent.

And Nets would seriously consider 6 FRP, 3 SRP and 2 pick swaps methinks.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jalen Johnson is my new Ben Simmons.

Matisse Thybulle was on my radar and in many of my trades since he was drafted.

Check the archives, I've always wanted him. If anything Thybulle is my new Robert Covington.

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

KPJ
    Green
    Eason
    Jabari
    Sengun

NIx or TyTy or Hudgins (this man can shoot!)
    JC
    Thybuille
    Tate
    ? Some tall defensive center. Of course you wouldn’t be taking all your scorers out at once. Queen and Matthews might be able to spread the floor a little. You are right though we would be extremely gifted on the defensive side of the ball. Worth a chance if all it costs us is Gordon and/or KJM.

D-rock likes this.