1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelly IKO - Kenyon Martin Jr. Looking for a trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 20, 2022.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Hopefully no Rockets fan is losing sleep over this

clos4life, BigMaloe, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  2. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

KPJ is not the issue, his father just wants him on a winning team and playing meaningful minutes.

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Can Kelly Iko be traded too.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would take that Quickly.

Williamson likes this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Not sure if Simon’s allowed to be traded before December? And 30-days for Sharp to be dealt.

Brown/Smart/FRP = KD (my 2-cents).

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Isn't iko the dummy who proposed us facilitating a kd trade to the suns and giving up 6 first round picks for ayton?

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

We can find a serviceable center. After the last 2 drafts, I'm not willing to give up anything past the Milwaukee pick for Ayton when another potential prospect could be had in the top 5 range again.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

portland isnt trading Simmons; he’s one of their core pieces for the future; he fits well in the back court with Dame and can fit into any championship window.

D-rock likes this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Brooksie is finding the deal to make on KD isn’t so easy.

Aruba77 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rudyc281 and don grahamleone like this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

"There’s also the reality that Martin might need to mend some internal relationships in the coming weeks, assuming a trade doesn’t materialize."

[​IMG]

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

They will trade the hell out of Simons if Durant is coming there. Come on, now.

clutchdabear and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I have a feeling Martin,Tate, and Gordon are in line.But its all how you see next year trade deadline, and if the rockets want to really improve or they just waiting on the right move.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I MEAN HE IS THERE AT SUMMER LEAGUE.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

After watching that lack of plan of a summer league, and the lack of plan in the regular season. Kenyon Martin Jr's father is 100% right he needs to get him out of Houston so he can grow and learn how to play the NBA game.

Silas sucks.

DD

txppratt and clos4life like this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kelly Iko honestly is Arrogant and hopefully the Rockets can ban him in the future.

KJ Martin Jr requesting a trade through Kelly Iko is Pathetic Reporting.

Kelly stirring the news, trying his best to be hired by a bigger Market like ESPN.

ESPN suits him just fine, just Follow around LeBron James around LA. Be a Sellout Kelly.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What if i told you that youre essentially the Silas of Clutchfans?

jiggyfly and ApacheWarrior like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am hardly a nice smiling mild mannered guy, I am more the Jeff Van Gundy of Clutchfans.....people can disagree with the style I like to play, or want to see in players, but I am going to stick to what I know or believe works.....

I know that some small minded individuals here can't handle opinions that make them think or are slightly different, but that is on them, not me. I like diverse opinions and discussion, even arguments at times, makes the board better - as long as it is respectful, and makes people think.....being willing to change opinion as evidence is supported or more clear, shows a growth mindset - that is my style.

But if that is what you think, you are free to have that op.....I don't mind disagreement.

BTW - I am unafraid of posting my opinions, I don't honestly care if people like it or not, they are meant to drive discussion and as someone that posts WAY too much when I have a lot of time, it can bother people, not sure why it bugs people so much - some agree with me, some don't....that is what makes us all fans in the first place, right?

I can honestly say, I would be happy to sit down and have a beer with anyone here, regardless of what they posted about anything, including me. I doubt they would leave with the same opinion though, as talking comes off much less harsh than typing, and people read others opinions with a tenor they have created in their own minds.....rather than what is intended.

DD

#458 DaDakota, Jul 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    Nook, Rashmon, Pringles and 2 others like this.
  19. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

I’m kinda in agreement with this, though I’m not ready to say Silas sucks.

it does seem like our coaching and front office aren’t as buttoned up as we have been in the past with our contending teams. and it shows on the court.

Is Silas’s style a deliberate part of the rebuild strategy? That’s the part I can’t figure out.

Pringles likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ill read this later. but ill go ahead and give you a like buddy for your reply from my little joke.