1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Isn't most everyone in this thread doing the same thing? She's just offering her opinion. Just because she is in the media shouldn't preclude her from doing that. She has written a number of articles regarding this case so she has more insight than most.

If he doesn't get a lengthy suspension, you can bookmark her tweet and go make fun of her.

#1761 bobrek, Jul 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    BMoney and ROCKSS like this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

3. a time to chill

Just my opinion, I think it's problematic when media members have a very obvious agenda and report in a way that pushes that agenda, facts be damned. On the other hand, I'm not a media member, don't have a platform, and am free to wildly speculate.

Just look at a few of her past tweets. I'm not picking on her, because this is the same case with many other sports "journalists." At least Florio started to change his tune after the hearing with the disciplinary officer. No one knows what happened for sure, but at least present both sides of the story to let the audience make an informed decision about what they believe. The allegations get all the media attention, but Watson's defense has gotten very little coverage despite being publicly available information.

She very obviously wants this to go in a certain direction.

liveguy and clos4life like this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Most 'journalists' have an opinion about stories they are involved with and close to.

It's clear that you want this to go in a certain direction as well.

Personally I feel he should be suspended for 8 games due to sheer stupidity

ROCKSS, Pistol Pete and Blatz like this.
  5. Major

Major Member

Interesting info for anyone who said Watson was an idiot for not settling earlier.

https://leagueofjustice.com/deshaun...-is-the-real-reason-why-the-trade-broke-down/

Hardin revealed that Watson was close to settling a vast majority of the twenty-two cases against him on two occasions, both related to Watson’s football deadlines. The first attempt occurred in April just before the Draft but fell apart because the Plaintiffs wanted confidentiality agreements, according to Hardin. Plaintiffs’ attorney Tony Buzbee has contradicted this publicly.

Then in November, in run up to the trade deadline, Hardin says Miami came to the floor and said they were willing to take their chances despite a pending criminal investigation. Hardin says most teams were not willing to consider trading for Watson until they knew what the outcome would be on the criminal side.

“Miami was an outlier,” Hardin said. “Ross says, the owner of Miami says, ‘I’ll take my chances on what happens criminally but I have to have all twenty-two cases settled and a nondisclosure agreement or I won’t do it.'”

Hardin continued, “The coach at Miami was somebody that Deshaun liked. He liked the team. He was just chomping at the bit to get back to football and get all this garbage behind him and so we were told, ‘I want to go to Miami,'” Hardin said.

Hardin claims he was able to get very far with adversary Tony Buzbee, even agreeing to put in everything the Plaintiffs asked for because Watson wanted to go to Miami so badly. Agreements were exchanged. But at the last minute, two of the women refused to settle.

“We were told that twenty of them would, but two would not,” Hardin said. “Ross said if I don’t have all twenty-two signed up and a confidentiality agreement [he wouldn’t do it], cause I don’t want everybody talking about this during the season and after the season.”

Hardin said two more women later changed their mind so the number went down to eighteen women willing to settle. At that point settlement talks were abandoned, since a trade would not be happening.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

She’s a lawyer

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That pervasive anti-rapist agenda rears it's ugly head again.

Joshfast likes this.
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

"Bauer, 31, was accused of sexual assault by a San Diego woman who requested a restraining order and essentially alleged that he took consensual rough sex too far over the course of two encounters last April and May. An L.A. judge denied the woman a permanent restraining order in August, and the L.A. County District Attorney's Office declined to file criminal charges in February. But MLB has the autonomy to suspend players without a criminal conviction, and spoke to other women who also said they had been assaulted by Bauer.

Major League Baseball announced a 324-game suspension for Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer on Friday, the equivalent of two full seasons and by far the most severe punishment handed out under the sport's domestic violence policy."

NFL will be facing a lots of backlash if their punishments on Watson will not be at least for one full season or more because people can easily make a comparison between these 2 cases.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The violence accusations are different. Players' Union isn't backing Bauer either...he's probably going to sue.

a time to chill likes this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Buttom line, a lots of sports and business are still recovering from the pademic era and now with the econmy of this country is burning like a dumpster fire, there is ZERO reason for the NFL to protect any player (Watson is not even anywhere close to a HOF star like Roger) under this kind of situation rather than litsen to the general public's reactions.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is not related to the court charges and if this is a first degree of murder or second or third.

In general public's point of view, Watson's case is probably 10 times worse than Bauer considering how many cases/women were filed against him.

The court of the modern era is always being held on twitter.

12. a time to chill

Buzbee plans to file additional cases against the Texans

Tony Buzbee: NFL’s decision on Deshaun Watson, whatever it will be, has no bearing on civil cases
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ver-it-will-be-has-no-bearing-on-civil-cases/

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Damion Laverne

Probably 8 games

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I agree mostly...although I'm hesitant to include Watson because of his missed time. I also didn't realize he's only 26.

Personally, I think Wilson is overrated and is going to take a step back with the Broncos...but I'm not sure who's better than him at this point. The other QBs in the league have injury issues (Tua), are too young (Lawrence, Hurts, Mac Jones), Baker Mayfield (Baker Mayfield), or are just another wise not very impressive.

I think the Broncos would have been better off with Mayfield than Wilson, especially for the price point.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

So what? I doubt you would have a problem with her opinion if it were in line with yours.

King1 and raining threes like this.
  18. raining threes

Anderson's source

David Mulagheto

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. raining threes

As it should, whether guilty or not, obviously this Pervert has tarnished the shield and shouldn't be allowed to play untill all of the cases are settled and if anymore cases are brought by other accusers he shouldn't be allowed to play untill those cases are settled. Remember he's the person who put himself in this position.

King1 likes this.