1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic - Vegas Summer League 7/7/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2022.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Josh Christopher played so bad it made me start to feel a certain type of way towards @Williamson :eek:

BamBam, DeBeards, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

JC - 18 shots in 24 minutes…1 assist and 4 turnovers

dude had to have like a 50% usage rate

Jabari - 10 shots in 31 minutes…3 assists

doubt his usage rate was even over 20

JC

[​IMG]

3. csc177

csc177 Member

Time to watch Ivey cook and make us all regret passing on him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

OMG... Shaedon Sharpe sighting. Everybody's about to see him play for the first time. lol

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Impressions of the 2nd half:

paolo is gonna be a star and his supposed defensive limitations were way overblown. Let’s move on

When Jabari strokes it, it’s a thing of beauty. Our guys did not do a good job getting him the ball. Wanted him to be more aggressive with his shooting. He’s a walking mismatch who can shoot over everyone, but there are some athletic limitations. He’s a guy that needs good creators and distributors around him. He was pressing too much tonight.

I’d like to see more of Holman; he showed some range and was definitely the best rim protector on the court.

so that’s why all those rumors of Caleb Houston getting a late 1st round promise weren’t BS…

Christopher dominated the ball and frankly played selfish basketball. Yes he’s good and very dynamic, but his court vision was very poor tonight. Still you’ve got to like the aggressiveness. Frankly I don’t think he needs to be playing at this point. The other guys need more minutes.

Im pretty sure Eason will play some G-League this year, but I think it will be much less than people think. What he can do defensively is special and he is a complete dog out there in the court. He might have the highest upside of any of our draft picks. He’s much better developed offensively than I realized. He looks very long out there. His shooting mechanics look good. He’s jump out of the gym athletic. He was the only guy who really bothered Paolo.

Nix just doesn’t look like an nba player to me. “Lottery pick” my ass. He’s not a good enough point guard to be a bad shooter and poor defender. More TyTy, less Nix.

TyTy had a mixed game overall but thought he looked pretty good on both sides of the ball. Definitely has a good bball IQ. The game comes to him very naturally and smoothly. He didn’t have his shot going tonight, but you can tell he can score. I like that he’s a willing defender.

7. TheBeastSystem

bari - loved the defense, shot is wet, cannot create very much, will have to work on his game to develop handle and ability to make plays with it

nix - great talent, needs to get serious about his conditioning and fundamentals like ft shooting, got beat defensively multiple times, needs attitude adjustment, did not look like an nba player tonight. has to get in great physical shape for his talent to emerge at the nba level.

josh - need to see him run the point and distribute with the big club. he's a baller. developing offensively. not efficient...yet. but will get there if he keeps working.

tyty - he'll be good.

hudgins - like the little man. does everything right. will have to prove he can hold his own defensively when iso'd up at the top. otherwise his offensive play is right, nice shot, sees the floor great, has great bball iq and makes the right plays defensively...although significantly undersized

holman - intriguing, nice shot, nice switch defender, doubt it translates to big club, but he's worth giving more minutes to

tari - nice defensively, terrible offensively. we should have taken jovic at his slot. you can get a guy like him every draft. still a nice defender and mostly a zero offensively

lamb - ok. makes good plays with the ball. good offensive iq. needs to lose a little weight to be quicker defensively.

Boki4MvP likes this.
  8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Our most talented players Jabari only has 10 shots in the game is unforgivable.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I was pleasantly surprised by Jabaris passing.

Often i seen him make the correct read and psss to an open shooter just to clank. Some other quality passes that weren't handled properly.

Overall impressed with that part of his game.

DeBeards, hakeem94, clos4life and 5 others like this.
  10. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Who the fook is this guy in the spaces right now wtf

clos4life and Crashlanded19 like this.
  11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The House of Highlights for Jabari this game is only going to be like 20 seconds long.

12. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

DeBeards, Yung-T, clos4life and 4 others like this.
  13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Yeah....very disappointing Rockets hog ball. Granted an average night from Jabari but he took 10 shots the whole game. Eason took 17 and JC 18. Jabari will be fine and he'll show it. I just hope this isn't how we plan to use him or I'll be wishing he was elsewhere as some here do. And, I'm a lifelong Rockets fan. I believe Eason (not hitting 36%) and Tyty will also be a help. I understand SL but my goodness 10 shots and one from 30 feet (frustration from not getting the ball). His game is from 3.

ak99999 and Aruba77 like this.
  14. WestendMassive

Did tonight's game lock JC in as 2022-23's designated Rockets Escape Goat?

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

100% agree.

and I thought Paulo had a great first half second half was whatever.

Paulo coed have game though not going to be a hater.

just think Jabari showed his defense and what he died on offense he can do in the nba from day one. His game is simple.

after tonight won’t be surprised if he avg 16-17ppg and 7-8 rebounds if he gets 30+ min a game.

his game translates to the nba level right away which is what I like. He’ll be great with Jalen kpj and sengun.

won’t have the pressure of being the guy and having to create like Paulo just have to attack close outs shoot open 3s and hit some turnaround mid range shots. All stuff he can do right now.

his defense is cool want to see him close out and contest more but he really does slide his feet well and can legit switch onto guards.

one more 3 and he’s 50/40 shooting. With 13/7/3/1 like u said. He makes one of those turnaround jumpers to go with that 3 and he’s 15 on 60/40 this is stuff he can do.

he’s really good I liked what I saw a lot.

D-rock and zeeshan2 like this.
  16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Didn't Paolo block one of Jabari's drives? He should have at least 1.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Sorry...gotcha and agree. He took four 3's and 10 total shots. The Rockets know what he does, so let him do it.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I remember that, but they didn't credit him with a block, I guess.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

i think he can.

If he gets 30+ min a game I think he can be a 16 and 8 guy with 2 assist and a block a game.

Those numbers will have him in the hunt unless Paulo or Chet have one of those all time great rookie seasons.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well that was horrible. I know people are gonna say SL or w/e but you want our new members to show out.

The moment Nix started I knew we were gonna lose, dude's a total scrub lotto talent my ass.

Jabari looked like a scrub but part of that is cuz he got Senguned and didnt get touches. It is criminal he got almost half the shots of Eason and JC. The other part is he really didnt play that good offensively. He needed to take charge he's the no. 3 but supposedly no. 1 pick for crying out loud. Eason showcased the dumb IQ he was reported to have, no wonder he fell in draftboards. Dude kept chucking bruh get a grip smh.

Meanwhile Banchero just showed the Rox what they could have had, extremely efficient game and also ran his team's offense to perfection. Finished with a line comparable to Chet.

GotGame15 likes this.