1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-17] Tari Eason, F, LSU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Tari Eason?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

99.1%
  2. NO

0.9%
  1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Good comp... https://www.draftexpress.com/profil...iew: A very athletic small,and a 7-2 wingspan.

Agree, hope he doesn't get the Alpi treatment.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yep,people don't understand that 3pt only displays range. A better indicator of shooting is ft % Tarie shot 80% from the stripe last, that tells me he a good shooter. His 36% from 3 tells me he has the range. Now its just reps to marry them up. One thing I do like about Tari is that he has shot discipline, something Smith Jr struggles with.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The ceiling is high no doubt. I'd be skeptical about the 3P% if his freeylthrow rate wasn't 80.

Will need to use his left hand though. I don't think I've seen a single time in highlight videos where he dribbles more than twice with it.

That being said

Sengun
    Smith
    Eason
    Green
    KPJ

Could very well be our lineup when we eventually return to playoffs.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Gonna need to see a few of these in a few days (minus the left arm part) ...

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm probably as excited about Tari as about Jabari. Defensive stud with skills and attitude.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Tari Eason is a talented basketball player, hard worker and I am glad the Rockets have him. However he is raw and hasn’t had the coaching most these players have. He is rough around the edges. The upside is high though.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Haven’t been following discussion and not trying to pick on you ..

But alpi did not get that bad of a rookie treatment .

many young players have their minutes limited . All in all , his rookie year led to him being pretty much being the presumed starting center this year ... So , not so bad .

he’s not still fighting for his place in the rotation .

with young big men . It’s increasingly Common that players are rested
    To avoid injury .

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Snow, appreciate your response and opinion. BTW, I don't look at it as picking, but discussion, which is what CF should be about.

I do understand young players can have their minutes limited, but having watched most of the games last year it was clear Silas held Alpi (20.7 min/pg) back, especially early in the season. He didn't do that with Green (31.9 min/pg). While Jalen was the #2 pick and Alpi didn't come off the board until #16, Alpi showed advanced post, passing and BBIQ skills from the onset. Yes, he had some foul and conditioning issues, but some of the fouls were him learning to play in the NBA and refs also getting a feel for the kind of player he is and what he's capable of. I watched this video during the season and thought it was a fair, alibi highly upbeat assessment of Sengun's rookie year (to date)...

Jalen had a lot of struggles early on, but worked them out and finished strong. Alpi actually started out pretty strong (from what I can recall) and then went through a series of games where his PT was fairly inconsistent. To your point, if he did enough last year to earn the confidence of the GM/HC to be the starting 5, shouldn't he have at least played half a game?

While Alpi is not super athletic, he's got some elite skills (esp for a 19-yo) that can help us grow our team. My comment in this thread was not meant to turn this into an Alpi discussion, but merely to point out that we're rebuilding we need to play these young guys as much as possible.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@Shark44

I view it more like they over-played green vs underplayed alpi .

but yes we held him back for sure . He did get into foul trouble sometimes too which effects the mpg .

I’m sure they had him working hard . To the effect of boosting his conditioning and feting him react for this year .

with green , I think there was pressure from the top to play him as much and also , he’s a different class of athlete (with all due respect to my man sengun)

appreciate your option too .

I can’t disagree that they didn’t hold him back. We will have to see how that plays out in the long run

One final point is you don’t want him to pick up bad habits . Anyone who had to play with wood is capable of that imo . It’s bad enough being a **** team (especially for second year+ guys ) then you get frustrated at your own teammate too .

anyways . Looking forward to what he can bring this year .

I’m pretty optimistic .

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Ummm...if he shoots like that...

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s an ugly low release, with a small hitch, but………if it goes in like that?!?! **** it

don grahamleone and Drift Monkey like this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Eventually, I think the Rockets will try and get that release point at the top instead of the chest. We just need him to be able to hit wide-open set shots though and that kind of form works fine for that.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Tari reminds me of a bigger, more physical Corey Brewer, which isnt a bad thing.

He has his mannerisms too.

16. AnHero

AnHero Member

Perfect comp.

17. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I'm liking him he's got mad max rodman vibes
    Good defender and a little nuts and unstable ... about time we got someone like him

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

His hands are as advertised. Dude was snatching the ball with one hand.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

I was today years old when I found out it’s “Terry” not “Tari”.