1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inflation at its highest in 40 years…

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 10, 2021.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Are oil companies (not gas stations) not charging more than normal relative to the price of oil?

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Paying more at the pump to stop the Russian invasion

[​IMG]

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

And all the dumbass dems who don't get sarcasm

[​IMG]

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Oil is under $100 this morning. I'm holding my breath waiting for gasoline prices to fall in accordance...any second now....any second....

Rocket River, ROCKSS and Squirtle like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

LOL. Anywhere from $45 to $280. Got to wean off this milk.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...65-citi-recession-us-economy-inflation-2022-7

• Oil prices could crater to $65 a barrel by the end of the year if an "increasingly likely" recession takes hold, Citi has said.
    • It said even without a recession, it expects prices to cool to $85 a barrel by then, from around $112 on Tuesday.
    • The bank expects demand to cool as the global economy slows, but supplies from Russia to remain strong.

If global economic growth slows toward recessionary levels, prices could plunge to $65 a barrel by the end of 2022 and keep falling to $45 a year after that, Citi said. It put a 10% probability on this outcome.

Uncertainty about the oil market is high, with forecasts varying. JPMorgan over the weekend said plans to cap Russian oil prices, floated by the G7 last week, could cause Russia to slash its production sharply. That could drive prices as high as $280 a barrel, in a worst-case scenario, it said.

Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Well if you read the article, they brought up technology.

If Biden is serious when he invoked a cold war statute involving critical minerals, then we should target that since China has positioned itself as a major supplier of those critical minerals and could certainly use that as an economic weapon.

7. adoo

adoo Member

i believe that you've posting that trade wars don't work.

why are in agreement w a cold war statue?

8. dmoneybangbang

I am generally opposed to tariffs and trade wars. I think Trump's trade war against foes and allies alike is a poor strategy, while targeting your most powerful geopolitical rival who is actively trying to usurp America is more prudent. Also, since Trump already put tariffs on China and opened up that avenue it doesn't seem wise to change course there.

Maybe because it was a smart move that needs more action behind it.

Nook likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

is there a better eg of double-talk?

10. dmoneybangbang

Pretty sure there is in this wide world we live in..... Hyperbole aside, care to elaborate?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, it is bullshit as most of the profits are from the actual oil companies and not the service station locations.

No, people ARE that stupid. They elected Donald Trump and the US has a long history of believing liars or being indifferent to in in politics.

I do find it funny that THIS is suddenly outrageous when it is a different political party.

12. Nook

Nook Member

13. Nook

Nook Member

Everyone is concerned about the short term when it comes to politics, especially at the Executive level.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

15. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Stick to basketball.

dmoneybangbang, ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

HAHAHA Looks its one of those meme's! I love memes because they are funny.

HA! It's Joe Biden and they are saying he thinks a Wendy's fast food drive thru is a gas station!

It's funny because it's true!

I like the meme's with Grumpy Cat! They should do a Grumpy Biden meme so we can all laugh more!

Thanks for share buddy.

dmoneybangbang, ROCKSS and Squirtle like this.
  17. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

I admit, I laughed, as a liberal :D. ****ing stupid, yes, but funny. Space Ghost is not a highly regarded poster around these parts, so I get a good chuckle. Same as MojoMan.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Let's see what the lag time is . . .

Rocket River

MadMax likes this.
  19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Of all the people to get triggered over troll chum, I did not expect you to lose it.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I didn’t lose it. I’m not upset or mad. I just was thinking of the family guy skit on memes. We are good.

Squirtle and dmoneybangbang like this.