1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I mean I don't mind if teams do it like the Warriors did it with building their championship team through the draft, then attract players like Durant to join them. That's how the Bulls did it in the 90's, and like other teams did in the 80's. But I hate the 2011-2014 Miami Heat, and the Durant era Brooklyn Nets. I'm glad the Brooklyn Nets failed twice by creating a super team. The 2004 Lakers and the 2012-2013 Lakers were annoying too.

Corrosion, luckyman76 and Easy like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Im sorry, but this has to be one of the worst trades I have seen posted here. I can understand some media outlet looking to fleece the Rockets, but this is really dumb. Ayton is a traditional center wanting the Max and does not even fit in this league at this price. The Nets are not in a position to negotiate and dont even want Ayton, the Suns dont want Ayton, and any desperate team with Cap space does not want Ayton or they literally could just make an offer on him now for FREE because he is a RFA that if he received an offer, Suns would be forced to do something. Ayton is a guy that will be salary dumped on his next contract by someone and will have negative value with a max. There will be picks attached to him in a couple of years when he is inevitably traded, if the Rockets really want Ayton they can have him in a year, if they had the cap space they could literally have him this year for free, no way you give up those Nets picks for this. They will likely be rotating max contracts out for KD, Simmons, and Kyrie - Simmons mainly because hes on a rookie extension and the more interesting trade packages for KD involve rookie extension players and you can only have one on the roster.

We will have the best package available for any of the guys the Nets bring in by holding their picks. It makes way more sense to wait until we see who they can get, guys like Barnes or Bam can end up there, and those are much better players to go after. It will make more sense with our timeline if we wait another year and get a top draft pick then trade the Nets picks to add guys to help us win in 2023.

#663 BallSoHarden, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

is she the same one jason richardson was bangin?

NIKEstrad likes this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

He divorced that one after that. Upgraded to this one.

Invisible Fan and Caesar like this.
  6. FabsRubio

FabsRubio Member

Would you give Brooklyn some of their picks swaps back for Scottie Barnes in a three team?

cmoak1982 and BallSoHarden like this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Good for Steve. He looks happy.

foh and BallSoHarden like this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I would try to wait a year or deadline this coming season, aim for a top pick this year, and then go after whoever Brooklyn gets using their picks.

9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Heard someone compare it to being a top 5 running back in the NFL.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hard to even imagine a worse trade.

wtf was Iko thinking with this.

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya there’s probably not more than 5-6 guys in the entire nba I would trade all this for, ayton is just laughable

12. xaos

xaos Member

Yes

Keep 2023 swap though. This also increases our odds at top 2. Give Nets their 24 and 25 back entirely.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I completely agree. Be patient. Get another top pick. You then have tons of cap space. If you then feel like it’s advantageous to trade those picks do it then. You don’t have to trade them to the Nets either. People will want to say they are more valuable to the nets perhaps but they are still very valuable.

The 2023 pick/Bucks pick and/or the cap space will also likely create redundant players that you could package with the Nets picks to consolidate assets and get a few great players.

That’s also not mentioning if the Rockets got a top 1-3 pick again.

It is enticing to think about pairing Barnes with Green/Jabari/Sengun though.

Corrosion, joshuaao and BallSoHarden like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Scoot TyTy
    Green Christopher
    Barnes Eason
    Jabari Tate
    Sengun Garuba

If that happened I don’t even know

xaos and BallSoHarden like this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Garbage a$$ trade

6 first round picks and two players for a player that the suns don't even want to pay max. If I was gonna give up that many first round pick might as well try to swing for Durant himself cause this is one of the worst trade ever.

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The KD replacement

Actually a great pickup for vet min, dude was a borderline all star before going down.

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What timeline is this?

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The darkest one