1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers Rockets talking trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jul 2, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So now you going with the okie doke, what does efficiency have to do with anything?

Thybulle has EFG of 540 on 4 shots a game in his career and you out here talking efficiency?

What efficiency are you valuing with Thybulle?

So know "efficiency" is more valuable than being able to do all the other things Smart does offensively?

Come on my guy just stop.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

No one is arguing that Smart is not the better offensive player. No one.

We are comparing the very specific areas of 3P% and defensive production between the 2.

What makes Smart special is not his offense, it his defense. Smart was DPOY for reason.

And Thybulle is statistically better defensively.

Try to follow along.

groovemachine likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who was arguing eFG%?

3P% was the only offensive efficiency metric I brought up.

YOU are the one changing goal posts per usual.

Why do you participate if all you want to do is interrupt actual basketball discussion for one of your Tucker Carlson-esque derailings.

You're just asking questions amirite?

Reeko and groovemachine like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Now you are trying to cherry-pick what we are comparing, and also trying to say Thybulle is somehow efficient?

What makes Smart special is his offense and his defense, he can contribute in multiple ways offensively unlike Thybulle.

Anyway I know you are going to just continue to move the goalpost, I'm done here.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Needs to add 3ball, like Tate.

Tate would also struggle in playoffs because teams will sag off him defensively.

groovemachine likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude I mean this with all due respect.

WTF are you talking about?

You said efficiency, not 3-point efficiency and even if we are just talking 3-point efficiency Thybulle is not shooting efficiently from 3.

How am I interrupting anything are we not still discussing the topic?

It's sad that when challenged you have to go with calling me Tucker Carson that's a weak tool for deflection that you have chosen to do recently when you can't actually debate the topic.

Stop being so thin skinned when challenged.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cherry pick????

This thread is full of real basketball talk by multiple posters both pro and con.

You have brought jack to this discussion.

Per usual.

Reeko likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

If you actually followed the discussion, I've only talked about 3P efficiency.

And defense.

You are the one who loves to derail these topics, bringing up talking points that I have not asserted.

Reeko and groovemachine like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bruh, you don’t have to give us the whiny breakdown before you decide to post something, FYI. Just post your thoughts, or don’t. You aren’t hurting any feelings around here, and no one gives a crap either way.

It’s like playing cards with my sister’s kids. Lawd have mercy.

jiggyfly and groovemachine like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Thybulle is in a class of his own defensively

@D-rock

maybe he could teach the young guys a thing or 2 on D…at least how to fight over a screen

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Lionel Hollins fall in a faint.

luckyman76, Reeko and D-rock like this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Wait…

I thought KPJ was supposed to be a good defender…

BigMaloe, Reeko, Fulgore and 2 others like this.
  13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Sixers and Rockets still talking-

D-rock likes this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That’s an amazing stat. Let him start and let Tate come off the bench.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

You could have said same for a young Kyle Lowery or young Goran Dragic before Rockets traded for them.

Sometimes a young undeveloped player with elite traits + production are as good or better than a mystery box FRP.

Rockets don't need prolific 3 level scorers at every position, that's not how successful rebuilding teams are developed.

There is no doubt that Thybulle still has areas to improve on before he can be part of championship contending team. But so do most of our young players.

Our analytics team used to be very good at uncovering such gems once upon a time.

And we also had coaches that knew how to successfully maximize strengths and hide weaknesses.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

There is difference between good defender and ELITE defender.

Denovo likes this.
  17. OkayAyeReloaded

Yes, I don't know if I'd use the word generational but he's definitely elite and has historical comps I agree.

We'll see what happens, ya'll take it easy Clutchfans and have a good, safe 4th of July!

D-rock likes this.
  18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

So the Graph has some noise because it is basing the PPSA on "closest defender'" when the shot was taken. That definitely make sense when defending someone off the dribble and they take a jump or mid range shot.

However, a rotation defense trying to get back to shooters or a guy is beaten off the dribble and challenged by the rim by a different defender would limit the accuracy of this graph.

It would need to be possession-type specific or corrected based on how the defense is designed to funnel players or rotate around for help vs say a primarily switching defense.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

Thybulle's defense is intriguing, but We don't really have space for him. I would much rather give his potential minutes to develop Eason, since he's shown the same level on defense (at least in college), and as ugly as his shot is, he's probably a much better shooter than Thybulle.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

lol KPJ is so up there and people on reddit still try to say he is good defender