1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant requests trade out of Brooklyn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jun 30, 2022.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I know the Raptors can’t compete with Bucks. Celtics. Heat. Warriors. Suns. Grizzles.

durant is a diva. He wants 2 superstars with him. He doesn’t have time for building a team.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Not sure the Suns could compete with those other teams without Ayton and Bridges. The Suns have Booker, Bridges, and an aging CP3. None of those guys are superstars and they got dominated by the Mavs. I’m not a Toronto fan, but they have an incredible roster and are one piece away from being elite. VanFleet, Siakim, OG, Barnes, Trent Jr. and a hell of a bench. Of course, they would have to give one of them away in the trade, but so would Phoenix.

I do think Durant gets to at least limit the teams he will go to, if not outright demand which one. Nets are not in the driver seat, but would be fools to take a package of Herro over a package of Ayton and Bridges or Siakim and picks.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ayton is a free agent so really its just Mikal Bridges, they can offer max to Ayton or just offer a frp or other assets to do a sign and trade separately.

Siakam is making the max and kinda old, I'd say Herro is the better piece cus he is on a rookie deal and his max extension is less salary than Siakam.

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Miami. Easily.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

no Lowry Herro or Robinson. Still Miami?

6. i3artow i3aller

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Haha!

Who was the "Eastern conference executive" giving that scoop?
    Pat Riley??

jiggyfly and Caesar like this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I included Ayton because he can be signed and traded and will have to be part of the deal for salary matching. So it is Ayton and Bridges not just Bridges. If it was just Bridges then, yes, the Nets would probably prefer Herro (I guess). I do think you are overrating Herro. Siakim is 28 and in his prime. If the Nets are trying to compete now then Ayton and Bridges would definitely be the best package. If they want the best player then its Siakim. If they want the youngest or Durant prefers the Heat then maybe Herro is the pick, but, man paying even the rookie max to Herro would gripe the hell out of me.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We all know where he really wants to go.

Warriors, since they just won a championship.

One of the biggest and most overrated cupcake "superstars" I have watched in decades.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, the main difference between the Rockets then and the Nets now is that we own their picks AND our own picks. We sank to the bottom and got some nice picks.

Now, even if they get a ton of picks from trading Durant, they won't get their own picks back. So if they suck for a few years like us, WE are going to enjoy their tanking.

11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes. Lowry and Robinson hardly played and Herro became a Zerro in the playoffs. They're replaceable. A weapon like Durant is one of a kind.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree. U make moves when it’s needed. Pat Riley is Deniro. He will **** u in the end.

JumpMan likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

foh and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

the poor need help.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I doubt this is true.
    First - Trade couldn't be made with Wiggins (designated rookie 5 yr extension) without a third team to take either Wiggins or Simmons.
    Second - I doubt KD would ever want to go back to GSW after leaving in 2020.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

i feel like you guys all underate bridges. He was runner up for DPOY is still young. I'd take him over Herro any day. Herro couldn't even play in ECF cuz his defense and shot selection was soo bad. Bridges is the better piece. Suns would be fools to include him. I'd give up ayton any day.

17. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Durant doesn't have a no trade clause, Brooklyn could send him wherever.

Not to say that reunion would go well.

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

True, but KD or his agent could inform teams he wont be happy going to those teams and he may or may not pull a VCarter, Harden or even Simmons. And while I don't think KD would actually do so, It'll be tough for those teams to be willing to give up so much assets for a possibly disgruntled or uncooperative player.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

...sounds like Bay Area media garbage to make the snake crawl back like a worm

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

GS easily puts together the best package and still be a chip level team. If Toronto gives Siakum, OG, and add Durant they are no longer good enough.

He’ll end up in Miami or Phoenix whoever can offer the best pick package.

LMAO that Brooklyn controls this situation. If they controlled it they would tell him you’re under contract for 4 years so play. Durant will control when and where he is traded.

Herro or Bridges
    Simmons
    Westbrick

That’s your Nets big 3 next year.