1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You must have a short memory .... the Rockets tried that getting uncomfortable sh! t with Harden and how did that turn out ? Harden came in fat and out of shape ... and gave a half assed effort until he got his way.

joshuaao, BigMaloe, jiggyfly and 6 others like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Who is jaggy?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

The thought of the nets ending up with westbrick and Simmons and scrubs makes my heart full of joy. Who could have ever thought it would turn out THIS bad when stone got all those picks lol

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly, Westbrook will lay so many bricks and hog the ball so much that Ayton, Mikel Bridges, Seth Curry will pull their hair out! Simmons can't play alongside Westy either.

I really want the Kyrie/ Westbrook trade to go down. Kyrie's crazy, but he can shoot and finish at the rim. Russ is losing his explosion. The Nets seem to be on the verge of imploding.

joshuaao and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He can claim injury and sit. Or he can play but mail it in ala Harden. Regardless, no team does well with a centerpiece that doesn't want to be there. That doesn't foster a winning atmosphere. The star players have all the power in the NBA. You're kidding yourself if you think the teams have any leverage at all in these situations. Simmons just demanded out with 4 years left too.

luckyman76, D-rock, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes the Nets should field a team of all point guards.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

doubt KD would ever decide to sit…he’ll instead make the situation so bad and uncomfortable that a trade eventually gets done

he’ll be moody…he’ll be distant from teammates and the coaching staff…he’ll cease communication with the FO and owner…he’ll go through the motions and constantly display visible frustration on the court…he’ll leak to the media how much he wants out…the locker room will be miserable and a complete mess

it’s not like they keep KD, and then he’ll just put their beef to the side as the Nets overcome all the turmoil to ride to a championship…it will be a 15-16 Rockets type season

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's about the picks. They can buy out Westbrook and Nunn. They can trade Lowry since he still has positive trade value. Just keep THT and Herro plus the ungodly amount of picks. It allows them to get rid of Joe Harris large contract as well.

Deal sucks for the Nets overall, but I think they are limited as to what they will get back for Kyrie. They can get more for Durant, but I am sure most teams will be hesitant to send out both good players and picks for KD since he is no longer MVP KD.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. Rockets4Life13

I'm on record saying that I expected the Nets to implode after the 2023/24 season but this is even earlier than I expected. This is also why I was so sure that the Nets package was so much better than Simmons. But this is turning out to be even better.

Can you imagine a team trying to play Westbrook and Simmons on the same team? Even better if they play Claxton at the same time lol.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I was just kidding not sh***ting on your trade. I’m all for it, but think it has very little chance of happening. Westbrook is going to the Nets for the same package the rockets were trying to get for Wall. Lakers were smart to wait. Irving is still a really good player when he wants to be and he will want to be for one year with the Lakers.

ElPigto likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Neither can I!

D-rock and Cstyle42 like this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

Toronto has entered the picture and there's always a couple of dark horses when a player of Durant's caliber wants a trade.

Those players you mentioned are still more than enough to make the Nets a 14th pick, just like the pre Harden era Rockets. There's nothing to suggest that the Nets are going to bottom out.

Apparently you haven't been watching the NBA when a player like Durant becomes unavailable and/or you just undervalue Durant. He actually had a great season last year when he was pretty much the engine of the Nets.

No I don't think Durant is going to yield 7 draft picks, but I am fairly certain he is going to yield a package that keeps the Nets mediocre at best and a first round playoff team at worst.

D-rock, Corrosion and jiggyfly like this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure how it would get done, but I’d love to see KD with the Grizzlies

I love watching them boys down in Memphis…they’re on the rise, and KD could propel them to true contender status for the 1st time in franchise history

they have an identity, and they’re trying to go at the Warriors…they’re not scared

PHX is just boring to me, and Idgaf about the Heat

KD really has the 1 seeds in both conferences as the only teams on his list, and only wants Miami if they can keep Butler, Bam, and Lowry…

Really? -_-

so yeah, I’d love to see him in Memphis

Grizzlies and KD vs Steph and GS in the WCF, I’m here for that

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Because they don't want to suck and still have no assets while keeping Durant, you just know he will be 'injured" a lot if they try and keep him on the roster.

They could not tell Kyrie to suck it up and play how are they going to tell Durant?

These guys have too much money to not just shut it down if they need to.

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

18. i3artow i3aller

19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I think they should lose considering this year is a pick swap, at this point they're trying to save face by being a middle of the pack team.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

They traded away their 2023 pick for Royce O’Neal, meaning the Jazz gets the lesser of ours or the Nets’ pick. I really don’t understand why they did that.