1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Rockets Summer League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, May 15, 2022.

1. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

best joke of the year . You can’t tell me that’s not a photoshopped Gordon with crooked teeth and cray hair .

I’m sure we will see in summer league , he looks completely different

3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Roast lamb leg post of the day

upload_2022-7-2_22-32-39.jpeg

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

DeBeards, D-rock, burlesk and 8 others like this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4!

6. i3artow i3aller

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

KPJ getting his girl a job.

Harden would have her working at Treasures / Mens Club. @Jontro

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

that's because hardon is the better man. he knows all bout the wassups

DeBeards, Nook, Drift Monkey and 2 others like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Kysre is a strikingly beautiful woman, she is going to do great, her and KPJ have a good thing going I hope it goes forever.

DD

johnnydeezy1 and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Sengun playing today? Couldn't find a box score. Wasn't in the video.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I give it one year before Sengun takes her away. Nostradamus predicted this.

groovemachine and Drift Monkey like this.
  12. OkayAyeReloaded

Aside from Jaabari, Ty, and Eason's SL debuts, looking forward to watching the other young guys in year 2, SL games don't matter but it will be nice to see any early signs if they made progress in the offseason.

13. j@amc

j@amc Member

Turkey faced GB in FIBA qualifying, but Sengun sat out today’s game. It was planned as the team rested others as well.

D-rock, Believe It! and Drift Monkey like this.
  14. Rockets4Life13

No he's not unfortunately

Believe It! likes this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

what does gemmatria say tho @Jontro ?

harold bingo likes this.
  16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Wonder if this changes his availability for SL.

17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

If he is not playing why is he not at Summer League??? Summer League is better than playing bench on the Turkey team

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

my sources say turk already hit dat like last night’s leftover chinese food.
    @Killatron 2000 wat does your witch doctor say?

19. j@amc

j@amc Member

TL;DR: Sengün has a lot of high-stakes games scheduled in August and September. That should be good for him. If you would like more details on those two tournaments, including dates of various games, read on.

I, for one, am glad that Sengün wants this challenge. The nation of Turkey is counting on him to improve his quickness and overall game. There is more than friendly pressure here. You have millions of people that want to see results. That is much more important than Sengün getting a little run this summer in Vegas.

There are two international competitions are holding games this summer: FIBA World Cup '23 qualifying games and Eurobasket '22. Several NBA players are sitting out the World Cup games to practice and focus on the Eurobasket '22. Perhaps this is what Sengün is doing. Luka Dončić, on the other hand, is probably playing the max number of games as he carries the Slovenian flag.

The Turkish national team (world ranking #16) ended up in Group B for the World Cup qualifying stage with Russia and Belarus. When the Ukraine invasion began, FIBA disqualified both countries, effectively allowing Turkey to qualify for the World Cup second round. The game against Great Britain (yesterday) did not count in the standings. Second-round games are set for August 25 and 28, with the tournament continuing on November 10, 13, February 24, and February 27. The twelve European teams with the highest record after round 2 will advance to the World Cup from August 25 to September 10, 2023.

It's just a guess on my part, but Turkey needs victories in those August games because NBA players won't be available for the November and February matchups. I would not be surprised at all if Sengün plays.

The Turkish national team is also gearing up for the Group A competition in Eurobasket 2022 (Sept. 1-16). Five games are scheduled for September 1 to 7. Other teams in their group include Spain (#2), Montenegro (#25), Georgia (#36), Belgium (#37), and Bulgaria (#52). If things hold to form, Turkey would likely advance to the second round and draw a single-elimination game against Germany (#11), Lithuania (#8), or possibly France (#4). A win in that game could set up a matchup against Nikola Jokić, who should lead Serbia (from Group D) into the quarterfinals.

20. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Who’s going to the Vegas SL games?