1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. dmoneybangbang

Pretty much confirms no one believes you trying to explain away your premature and poor comparison. You got embarrassed with the Corey Brewer comparison. You were wrong, just own it and move on.

Maybe wait until at least half of a rookies season, but any intelligent person would have waited until the end to compare Jalen Green’s potential to Corey Brewer’s.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Wow shocker who could have seen this coming?!

clos4life, Plowman and Aruba77 like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It honestly doesn't matter what stupid people believe, I concern myself with the truth.

The knuckle draggers will always think simple minded nonsense, that's no fault of anyone else.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Look at me I have a bias against "flashy athletic" guards so I incorrectly thought our rookie mighr end up like Corey Brewer a few games into the season.

Any fker who called me out is a dumb@$$/ green fan boi who knew nothing about bb.

I like to make fun of posters intelligence

Yet I was the dummy who couldn't understand the difference between
    True Shooting and eFG.
    Instead of being humble I proceed to sht on other posters intelligence.

Whenever I get called out just have to pretend that everybody is a dummy who knows Jack sht

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

The truth is making a Corey Brewer comparison 9 games into a rookie season was simple minded nonsense. Your ignorant arrogance is just amusing.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The truth is that you are too dumb or too dishonest to understand what was said and you continue to embarrass yourself for my amusement.

7. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

KD will sit out.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Brooklyn could easily bust out the Philly Special on that, fine him his salary until he plays.

It's a really bad look, but I do whatever I can to keep KD around, I'm not trading him until the season starts or later. There's no future there with no KD.

9. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Different between KD and Simmons is that KD has made enough money to where he can just sit out his contract.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

bobbysocks went full hate on green
    jaggy is going full hate on jabari
    I think we will be ok…

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

My way of solving the Lakers issues plus getting the Nets a ton of unprotected picks from Lakers and Heat.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_7-2-2022_9-45-43PM.png

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Pretty massive amount of dead money for the nets to take, I would think they won’t want to destroy their books if they’re losing durant no?

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's one year deals besides Lowry and THT. I'm sure they could move Lowry pretty quickly to another team.

It's a terrible deal but at least they get a bunch of picks out of it.

14. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

Its been said already, but please make this happen, trade Durant for Ayton and hope Simmons plays. Russ might average 30pts/20rebs/5ast with 10 turnovers a game with the lack of shooting on the team. 20-62 and another shot at Wemby!

joshuaao and clos4life like this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I love how our pickswap next year legit gives us two shots at a top pick if Durant and Kyrie bolt. Love it!!!!!!’

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They can't but I hope they do .... the worse they are the better off we are.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You say there is a competitive market ..... but I don't believe it. There's two teams and neither is going to pony up anything more than necessary. No team is giving up premium talent.

Miami isn't going to include Butler or Bam that leaves Lowry, Robinson & Herro as large contracts.

Phx will offer Ayton but Booker & CP3 are out of the question. They'll get back some combination of Ayton & Bridges or Crowder, Shamet & Saric.

Other teams might get involved but they would be foolish to do so. Send out a huge package of talent and picks and Durant has no desire to play for that team - he comes in fat and out of shape just like Harden did and that 3rd team is now scrambling to send him where he wanted to go in the first place and takes a loss for their efforts.

These teams also know that Durant gives them a very short window of winning it all. A year, maybe two at max.
    Are they really going to offer up 7 years worth of draft picks for a two year window after which their cap is wrecked and they have no avenue to get better when they owe all that draft capital? Surely you don't believe FA's are lining up to join that disaster at a discount ?
    I can't see "being the favorites" to win in the next two seasons being worth wrecking your team for a decade after that .... because it only takes one stubbed toe to wreck that plan.

jiggyfly, Invisible Fan and Aruba77 like this.
  18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agreed. I think it ends up being Miami for Herro+Robinson+Jovic and whatever firsts and swaps the can legally trade. However IMO they need to get as many unprotected picks as they can and move on.

Aruba77 and red5rocket like this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

On Silas - I think taking a deep dive on some of the advanced metrics might change the perception. His offense is very good .... with a bunch of kids and CW running it.
    They got a ridiculous percentage of uncontested / wide open / open shots as a result of Silas offensive scheme, a big part of why KPJ put up such great numbers in catch and shoot situations and why Wood was able to shoot almost 40% from 3 - its much easier when those are open shots.

Defensively I give him the benefit of the doubt because of the age of the group in general and then there's CW "anchoring" the defense .... when sucking the life out of it was a better description if what he contributed.

We expected them to struggle defensively from day one .... now we expect to see steady improvement and I expect Silas to deliver.

jiggyfly and theDude like this.
  20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Wow that would be a brutal return. Herro is gonna be a pretty big negative asset once he gets extended and overpaid and robinson already is

Little Bit and clos4life like this.