1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course. There are varied opinions out there. Some think the legal evidence exists now and some don't.

But what is substantial is that people that had previously believed the evidence didn't exist, now belive it does.

The hearings also aren't finished and Pat Cipollone has been issued a subpoena.

This is new evidence the impeachment proceedings didn't have. So there is new information and additional evidence. Even Trump's team and previous defenders are starting to jump ship.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe. I think the assessments that I've read suggesting that the prosecutorial burden of proof is still too high suggest to me that prosecution remains unlikely

no argument there. I still think the best that can be hoped for is simply the erosion of political support for a Trump run in 2024

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Perhaps the evidence isn't enough. I'm not a lawyer.

What I find interesting is that some who previously believe there wasn't enough evidence now believe there is. I haven't seen anyone go the other way and say, "If this is all they have, I change my mind. Don't prosecute. I thought they'd uncover something new and sunstantial but the committee just hasn't done that."

I haven't seen anyone making that claim.

But we have to wait and see what will happen.

It is telling that now the DOJ have served warrants on Eastman's phone and Jeffrey Clark's home which means that an independent judge believed they had possession of evidence of a crime.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow! What a wack job. That much love for a psychopath must mean he's just as crazy. That, or paid really well to kiss that big orange butt.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bet Tinhat Trumplover, The racistlawyer, PrivateFakeOfficer, and the rest of the "look at what that black man did buddies" are still coming up with BS about the hearings and Trump's coup like they did when the thread started. Glad I have them on ignore. It's tiring watching them struggle with truth and desperately try to defend the insurrection by throwing out hard cold facts. I didn't vote for Trump, but... gets old.

TheJuice likes this.
  7. cdastros

cdastros Member

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Does Lou Dobbs realize he is the running joke in the news community? A guy who used to be considered a credible news reporter has completely gone off the rails and now reports fake news. What a putz! I don't believe he has his mental faculties intact. Somewhere in that head of his, a screw became loose and fell out.

Sajan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

He says what people want to hear. Makes for easy ratings and its what most consider journalism nowadays

10. Surfguy

It may be "just a job" but it's downright un-American to continually brainwash people. We all know these news folks contributed to Jan. 6th by perpetrating a bunch of lies. Yet, they are entirely unaccountable. As long as they are getting paid, I guess it's okay.

TheJuice and Sajan like this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

This whole chasing ratings and viewers have destroyed credibility for any media. on either side.
    It's unfortunate but ultimately everyone just wants to get paid. Obviously we can't have state run media......so for profit companies going to chase profits......via eyeballs...

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

13. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Oh I agree completely. Ive just lost the ability to be outraged by Lou and pals anymore.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Too bad the Republicans refused to seat members. They had a chance but declined.

Before anyone mentions the Jim Jordan selection nonsense, people who might be a subject of the investigation can't serve on the committee. A. C. Cowling was never going to be part of the jury in the Nicole Brown Simpson murder trial.

cdastros, Amiga and jo mama like this.
  15. Surfguy

That's part of the scam by Republicans. They don't participate and then claim it's all one-sided lies when stuff comes out. Then, they play it off as if they don't have representation and it's wholly unfair. So, they resort to attacking who is on the panel as uncredible. All this while they very well know the election wasn't stolen and Trump committed several crimes trying to retain power. They're protecting the party and themselves by just being completely unaccountable for anything while trying to roadblock any efforts to get to the truth. I just wish Trump would have showed up at the Capitol on Jan. 6th because then it would be difficult to not prosecute him. What was he going to do when he got there exactly? Just stand there and wave? Was he going to hold his militant groups back from invading the Capitol? Trump was going to get on a microphone or loud speaker blaring out more lies and amping the crowd up even more. He would not have a way out of it then. He's lucky those Secret Service men forced him back to the White House.

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You people have completely sh__ the bed on this, on live television for all to see, and you could not care less. There is something very wrong with you people.

17. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Yup. And they do the same thing as the majority. They pass tax cuts and whine about culture issues and dont pass laws or actually govern.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes. Plenty are seeing it alright. Damning stuff for Trump and his team.

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

the only reason you insurrection-lovers are in this position is because republicans refused to participate. you have no one to blame but yourselves mojorgeman!

20. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

i thought trumpers don’t even watch the J6 hearings.

have you actually watched?

FranchiseBlade likes this.