1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk About James Harden, Clutchfans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

2. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Harden is weak mentally and I don’t see him winning anything with anyone soon. It’s fun watching Harden screwing up the Nets though, a team I can’t stand from the owner down to their coach. Joe Harris and Kyrie are the only two that I like with that pretentious organization.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

His main crime is that he'd be out at the strip club until god knows when on the eve of the biggest playoff games this franchise has had in 20 years, and then would show up and play like ass.

He had a good run. Now, his lack of fitness is going to shorten his peak. Glad we cut bait when we did. Looking like a great trade by Stone.

I love Harden when he was here. Watching him play the game was amazing, but if he had more of the Mamba Mentality, instead of the mentality of chasing after big booty hoes, he'd be an all time great. It's fine that he doesn't, but let's not pretend that Harden wasn't fools gold while he was here.

I hope he's matured and wants to win. He sure didn't here, when he should have at least. Unfortunately for him, he's playing like a borderline all star now that he wants to win, instead of a first ballot hall of famer. Because of that, he needs way more talent around him to win a championship.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

It’s good to reminisce, but it’s time to let go…

Go Rockets!!!
    …….
    …….
    …….

leeallen, CHAMPBOY and Two Sandwiches like this.
  5. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

This was needed...

Invisible Fan and Rocket River like this.
  6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Sports today got so competitive that in order to win you need to have that insane level of commitment, engagement to the game that Harden simply does not have. He is an exemple that talent alone can get you at a VERY HIGH level in your sport, but not to the top.

All those strip clubs, parties and stuff were the biggest, glowing signs that the dude had some serious commitment issues.
    While he was here in Houstou we all loved the dude, at some point I really thought "whatever he does in his private life doesn't matter as long as on court he delivers - he doesn't need to be a role model".

But a guy that can't take criticism and just QUITS when he is criticised is just pathetic. Others like Kobe, Lebron, almost anyone would eat criticism for breakfast and the next day kill on court.

Instead, every other star that points the finger to his face he breaks relationship and quits.
    Just see the pattern: CP3, Westbrook, KD and now Embiid.

I loved the fact that Giannis won a championship and blew it up on Harden's face (even though I personally dislike Giannis and his fake good guy mask).
    But just when you though that this could fuel Harden's will to win........ he quits again.

The only way he will win is by pulling a Dwight and signing for the best team w/ a minimum (or close to) salary.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed
    Well said

Rocket River

Rashmon and Mathloom like this.
  8. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Harden worked hard and partied harder.

He learned you can get away with that at 25, not at 32.

Milos, cheke64, leeallen and 2 others like this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I will always root for Harden to succeed. Hes the 2nd best Rocket and its a shame he always came up short.

I will root him for him and philly until we are competetive because he gave us some of the most thrilling, dramatic and heartbreaking playoff runs.

I look forward to him returning as a bench player in his twilight years and retiring his jersey into our rafters.

Rashmon, htownrox1, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Maybe Durant can join Harden for a sure-thing championship run? Snicker!

11. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly what I've been saying the dude cannot stand criticism therefore he'll never be a winner.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is a board that went through Jerry Lin's career like a 10yr kidney stone.

So no, we aint gonna muvon.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He quit and he left, we are better off with him gone.....He is not a leader, he is a front runner who can't handle pressure.

Good riddance.

DD

14. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

/thread

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

He is just not the best player on a championship team without any other MVP candidates. If that's his crime, criticize him as much as you like.

I never thought he was a Hakeem. By the end of Harden's tenure, it felt like many had hoped he was that. Is that really his fault? I don't think so.

Rashmon and HP3 like this.
  16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

He left and didn't care about us. I'm good with Jalen and Jabari but I hope he finds success wherever he goes.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I think Harden has sacrificed a lot to try to win. Unfortunately, he’s a consistent nut up and makes his sacrifices worthless.

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We do not need this guy

BamBam likes this.
  20. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

James "Hamburger" Harden is gone. I'll always cherish the regular season moments he gave us. He pouted his way out of Houston and ended up saving the franchise with a insanely fast/exciting rebuild. We already changed the channel, move on.