1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

Were the hawks a day late on trading for kd

2. Big Time Titan

Am I crazy for wanting this guy?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

This is also why whenever a KD trade is announced, BKN won’t be getting a ransom or shouldn’t for that matter. It’s going to look like BKN is getting taken to the cleaners but it’s just the value of a 34 year old with 4 years remaining.

They are effed unless someone overpays which is a possibility of course.

Corrosion, mario_v and Plowman like this.
  4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

this may turn out to be the greatest trade in rockets history! i never wanted harden extended at like 50 million a year.

Corrosion, hakeem94 and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Thanks Kyrie, really appreciate the assist. Lmao

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Nah I live in Phoenix can't stand their fans and the owner is bigger POS than Tilly. Phoenix won't part with Booker so KD hopefully gets sent someplace else.

7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Oh for sure, they want a take back…

Boki4MvP and xaos like this.
  8. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Well we will see and I definetly hope you are right. But right now I would bet money on it, that they will make the playoffs every year after this season for the next 5 years.

A historic haul for KD, a decent haul for Kyrie - and no reason to tank, because they don‘t have their own pick. I am not saying they are championship bound, but I do believe they will try to get young stars and picks and will try to compete.

ashleyem and hakeem94 like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lets make that bet happen then

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I can’t offer up Cade if I’m Detroit

Bron couldn’t get anyone to join him in Cleveland the 1st time around

nobody really wanted to go to OKC when KD was there

Detroit is in that same tier to me when it comes to being an undesirable location

I think Cade will be a superstar, and will be under team control for the next 7-8 years…if Detroit were to flip KD, they wouldn’t get anything as good as Cade in return

if I’m Detroit, I’m sitting this one out…I think it would be a big mistake to trade for KD

11. Denovo

Denovo Member

Easy money lol

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spot on.

13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That team is an enigma.

14. RocketsDraftTV

its the greatest trade in nba history

jcmoon likes this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Perhaps, but I doubt the Nets trade KD within the Eastern Conference.

He already mentions the Suns so I’m sure the Nets will oblige as long as they’re willing to pay.

Boki4MvP likes this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It doesn't take much to fall off the map. If they still have Kyrie on the roster, they will have two de-motivated players in Kyrie and Simmons potentially poisoning the well.

18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

damn straight. i never liked harden but grew to respect him, his game. He was nothing without PJ tucker and Eric Gordon, they were the backbone of that team that allowed him to play his game. We sold at the right time, thanks james!

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Historic haul my ass. As always the problem is he needs to go to a contender and those teams usually don’t have a lot of young talent and high draft picks that the Nets would want. Superstar for superstar trades very rarely happens because teams are trying to combine them not trade them for each other.

He will likely end up with some team that gives up a **** ton of picks and swaps which seems to be the new way of doing these trades. (WB/Paul, Harden to Nets, Murray to Atl). But there won’t be equal value in players no way no chance.

Honestly the best haul would be for the Rockets just to give their picks back and let them tank. Now they need to replenish with picks from a contender like PHX.

The most ironic thing is we all considered the late 2026, 2027 picks to be the best but now those are likely to be lower and the 2023 and 2024 to be higher if they rebuild correctly.

Plowman, Milos and clutchdabear like this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

No. It's KD. Who doesn't want him? He's smooth and fun to watch. Everything so easy. Nothing forced. Reliable to close out games. A game that ages well. The thought of Jalen and Jabari getting prime time national tv exposure and playoff experience at such an early age is very enticing. Does Kobe reach his heights if Shaq stays in Orlando and LA just sucks through the 90s and early 00's or was Shaq making them a playoff contender part of what made Kobe so great so fast? The failure of those airballs against Utah in the playoffs changed a lot for him. Who is he if he's just in the lottery for his first 5+ seasons?

Big Time Titan likes this.