1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Suns aren't trading Booker lol

Corrosion likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude, no.

**** the Nets?

3. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

So, um… what are we so excited about? We have seen what this Nets team with KD and Kyrie can do. Not much. That was a failing team. Now they add young players and picks to Ben Simmons, the picks they got from the Sixers and role players like Curry. Even if they are really bad this year, we don‘t get their pick - at best we get a pick swap.

But let‘s say the trade him to Pheonix for Ayton, Bridges and picks - the Nets would make the playoffs with that team. And reports are saying they would be requesting Booker and Ayton…

The Nets before had a higher ceiling - but we have seen how disfunctional this team also was, and there was a good chance, that this team had an expiration date because of age and health. Now we are probably looking at a team that will make the playoffs every year. I don‘t think this will help our picks much if at all…

mikenm268 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

ayton and simmons don't mix, two paint cloggers. i doubt he goes to the suns, i don't think where he wants to go is even something that matters to the nets. What could they get back from the suns or heat? they want a young all star and booker aint going to be traded. I think Detroit and OKC are bigger threats.

Denovo likes this.
  5. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Durant to the Warriors makes sense as far as talent and fit. Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman, and picks package is probably better than most other teams can offer. No idea on how to get the salaries to work.

Caesar likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only thing even slightly interesting is Kuminga

jcmoon likes this.
  7. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

No way. This package won‘t get it done - and I don‘t think the Warrirors want him back. They have won the championship this year without him.

8. xaos

xaos Member

You really think Warriors want to bring Durant back? They may be interested in being the third team though.

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Logic is a little off here. The scenario where KD wants out forces the hand on the Nets to contemplate starting the rebuild sooner than the “our stars have aged” rebuild phase.

They have to now decide whether or not it’s worth it to chase being in the middle of the pack for 4-5 years or start that rebuild now by trading KD, Irving and maybe Simmons.

Rockets and Stone now have a chance at striking that gold.

bumbum09, DaDakota and Plowman like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I could see them settling for Ayton, Bridges, Cam and a ton of picks/pick swaps

I’d be calling Boston about Jaylen Brown

Detroit? Cade for KD? I don’t think KD will be able to get anyone to join him in Detroit, and they won’t be a threat with him. They’re just not ready to compete at a high level. I’d rather have Cade for the next 7 years than KD if I’m Detroit

Denovo and jcmoon like this.
  11. anchel

anchel Member

How about Durant to PHX, Bridges to Houston and we send to BKN Gordon and 1 or 2 of their picks, lol.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

The Nets situation is exactly what LeBron does. Go to a team with cap space or just enough assets to form a super team. LeBron just got luckier his first 2 tries and super lucky the bubble happened and AD got to rest because he clearly cant last a full seasons grind. That same year is what led to the disaster that is Kyrie and LeBron didn't have to deal with that either.

Look, we disagree on how different these moves are. Bron doesn't go to lottery teams and make them contenders, he goes to lottery teams and gets another superstar or 2 to join said lottery team to make the team a contender.
    He's only made calculated decisions to form super teams on those teams capable of doing it and that's usually teams who have accumulated lots of assets and high draft picks. To me it's ultimately the same thing. A weak team up move.

I have suggested KD take this same route though as LeBron has already built this narrative that it is respectable and everyone will have to respect KD, but yet again, KD just doesn't have the luck or timing LeBron has had. Go back to OKC, who still has enough assets to bring another star, but what star is on AD, Wade, Kyrie(that wants to play bball) level? Phoenix with 36 year old injury prone CP3 already has people saying its a cheap and weak move. Dude can't do anything right and he's not doing anything Lebron hasn't done. I'd be frustrated if i were him too. One guy has an amazing PR team that changes the narrative and the other is KD. They're both slithering snakes in the grass, KD is just in a lawn with short grass where everyone can see him in plain sight.

Milos likes this.
  14. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Holy crap, didn't think this would happen so soon

jcmoon likes this.
  15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't a sure bet that KD stays healthy or at the same superstar level going into his age 34 season and beyond. Whatever team pays a "historic" price for KD is taking a big gamble.

hakeem94, Denovo and jcmoon like this.
  16. jcmoon

yea jaylen brown i'm sure is being offered up, but i think they want someone who could be better. i'd rather have cade too, but its detroit, they need someway to get a superstar there. Once you get KD others will follow, may not be this year. But then they could just flip him again, so could OKC. i dunno. I think they could get better than brown and smart, those two have pretty much reached their ceilings. it'd be interesting to see. detroit could offer cade and ivey and was it duren? hard to beat that.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Booker is not part of any deal for KD. That's nothing more than a stab in the dark from someone who has bad sauces.

Ayton/Bridges/Simmons is no lock for the playoffs

How folks are this blind and see some kind of silver lining that all of this is good for the Nets is absolutely mind blowing. There's literally nothing here that tells any rockets fan this sucks for them. A team is literally imploding before the entire world that the rockets so happen to control all there picks for 5 years w/o protections and its being spun into I don't think this will help out picks much if at all. Just Amazing mental hoops going on here

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A VERY big gamble. I don't see him staying healthy.

19. jcmoon

that's why they are blowing it up, he's one major injury away from being a bad contract.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member