1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant requests trade out of Brooklyn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ridiculous.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Definitely a series of unfortunate events. Even before that long 2, it was Kyrie getting injured, Harden's hamstring going out....it's like the basketball Gods said "We got you, Rafael, we got you!"

Rocket River and ElPigto like this.
  3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Denver should try and get in this. Send MPJ, Bones Hyland, picks. Would love to see MPJ and Simmons on the same team. You can call them the Bad Back Brothers lol.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think Denver makes a lot of sense

Michael Porter Jr + Jeff Green and 3 1st rounders works in the trade machine

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Lmao

Kevin to Harden: Baby come back, you can blame it all on KYRIE . . . .I was wrong and I just can't live without you

Very Much So

Rocket River

luckyman76 and HP3 like this.
  6. steddinotayto

Memphis should get in on this man.

JJJ + Brooks or JJJ + Adams or JJJ + Green

add picks

Ja/KD/Bane

Milos and apollo33 like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I imagine any team getting Durant, Miami, Philly, Phx, will need a third team...

Also, if I'm BKN, I do this trade ASAP. There is some possibility they ignore the request and hope Durant change his mind but he's 34...like, it don't take long for a player to be 'washed' it could happen this year, next, the year after, whatever.

His value right now is sky high and this is the only chance they have at getting young stars to make it through this period where they owe us picks.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm sorry but the inclusion of DeAndre Jordan as one of the "clean sweep" crew is pretty hilarious - he was on the washed train at that point coming over from the Knicks.

luckyman76 and Rocket River like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

lol, who is this Jack Settleman dude, is he blue check Burt Steele?

Philadelphia doesn't seem to have tradeable draft assets and it's certainly not "durant's call" unless Sean Marks and Joe Tsai drop acid and decide to take Matisse Thybulle, Tobias Harris, and a 2029 first.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

I know most clutchfans think this is good news for the Rockets. But, that may not be the case. If the Nets get a great return of young semi-stars and draft picks, this could actually improve the Nets long term.

The Nets with KD, Kyrie, and Simmons is a train wreck. Oh sure, the potential is tremendous if everyone stays healthy and have their heads screwed on straight. But, is that ever going to happen?

Durant is about to turn 34, Kyrie is 30, Simmons may never play. A team lead by those players could be in rapid decline. But now, the Nets have the opportunity for a reboot that could result in something pretty good.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rockets have had so much luck go their way in the last 18 months since the Harden trade...

Basketball gods balancing out CP3 pulling his hammy against the Dubs..?

Harden demanding a trade out, Kyrie blowing up their franchise, KD demanding a trade out, landing the 2nd overall pick that we had 48% chance of losing to OKC, getting a top 3 overall pick this season to assure we get a big we desperate need to pair with Jalen, Magic passing up on the #1 consensus pick of most mock drafts, Cavs trading KPJ for nothing, etc.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nets are going to be replenishing picks not really loading up on immediate talent. They are going to be bad with broken back Simmons and whoever they get in return. Everyone is jumping ship there. It's a fun rebuild

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

It's easily great news for the Rockets. The next 5 years of draft pick control when they're imploding is nothing but great news. semi stars and draft picks that will be lucky to be even elite in a 5 year span is easily on the rockets side

Simmons is your best player LOL. Kyrie is probably not going to be a Net much longer per Woj. Nowhere is this any good for the Nets

16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Phoenix would be a mistake. Chris Paul is not trustworthy.

What about the Clippers?

BigShasta likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

Agreed. Brooklyn will be lucky to come out of this trade with decent draft picks much less players that can get them to 35-40 wins if Irving is also dealt.

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

That’s why I am hopping Denver tries and get him for MPJ. Having Simmon’s back with MPJ’s back would be the best case for the rockets.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Because Kawhi and PG13 are trustworthy. one who just missed the year. and the other who missed over half the year

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'll take my chances.

Milos and steddinotayto like this.