1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, eliminating constitutional right to abortion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Bandwagoner and JumpMan like this.
  2. AkeemTheDreem86

You did say "You shouldn't be having sex if you're not comfortable having a child."

jiggyfly, Andre0087 and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ironically, that image is appropriate to him as he just hung himself by denying what he actually wrote just a few pages previously

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. HTM

HTM Member

@Sweet Lou 4 2

This says nothing about religion... good grief.

6. HTM

HTM Member

Not sure what you thinks this proves... there's nothing about religion in my post.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I wasn't trying to misdirect anything. I honestly wasn't sure. Yours was the first message I read here today, so I wasn't sure where you stood on that when I read it. All good.

I'm pretty committed to the idea that no government should dictate what women do with their bodies or what birth control they use or don't use in the most intimate moments. My idea of what people should or shouldn't do doesn't remotely begin to inform what government policy should be, in my very humble opinion. This ruling is a massive mistake in my viewpoint.

Nook likes this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Quit lying then...not a difficult thing to do, well maybe for you but easier than getting an abortion in Texas.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  9. HTM

HTM Member

What lies have I told?

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Do you see any difference between the following two sentences:
    You should only gamble if you are comfortable losing the money you are betting.
    You should only gamble with the purpose of losing the money you are betting.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You claimed that you weren't arguing that people should only have sex to procreate otherwise it's irresponsible. You claimed you literally never said that.

That's BS. You're being very dishonest here.

Bottom line you "literally" said "you shouldn't be having sex if you're not comfortable having a child"

That's about as much of a religious fundamentalist as you can get.

#711 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That's a crap analogy.

VooDooPope likes this.
  13. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am quite certain that nobody here looks up to Dwight Howard.

Andre0087 and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Is it? It is the difference between being prepared to accept the possible consequences of an activity vs. only engaging in the activity to specifically achieve that one possible consequence. HTM's statement (to me) seemed much closer to the former, while those attacking him for it have changed his words to much more closely resemble the latter.
    Certainly literally. He is like 6'10".

#714 StupidMoniker, Jun 29, 2022
    Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It is because the purpose of gambling is to win money with one negative likely outcome.

The purpose of sex is multidimensional, one of which is procreation and an outcome that should be very unlikely with birth control. To argue that people shouldn't have sex because there's small change it will lead to pregnancy, and therefore an abortion which doesn't sit well with him is crazy.

Ah - yeah, you shouldn't have sex because I am against abortion. BS.

16. HTM

HTM Member

Pick any promiscuous man from the culture then.

Sleeping with as many as women as you can is considered "cool" no matter how much devastation it leaves behind. That's not something I look up to. That some **** boy/skeeze stuff. Being a man involves exercising your sexual faculties responsibly, even if that means denying yourself.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

You know what. @HTM is right. The only responsible thing to do is anal.

jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The one thing you have not answered is how is a woman responsible if she was deceived by a partner who had said they would stay with her and help care for her?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. HTM

HTM Member

You're twisting things. Please cite anything you're going to claim I've said in the future. I've never said, "people should only have sex to procreate."

I claimed nothing I've stated has had anything to do with religion... and it hasn't.

The notion that you shouldn't have sex if you're not comfortable having a child isn't necessarily a religious one.

It's about being responsible with your sexual faculties and not putting your partner in the s*** position of having to deal with 1. The decision to have an abortion, which is horrific or 2. Raising a child in a broken home/with an absentee father/without parents committed to each other which has all types of negative consequences.

#719 HTM, Jun 29, 2022
  20. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Touché although one could argue that it’s only literal if you’re in close proximity to Dwight. I don’t think anyone here is.