1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, eliminating constitutional right to abortion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think so. People are crying about the diminishing role of white men.

But white men only make up 25% of the population. So I don't know why they feel they should be everywhere in TV/film.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Poll Finds Majority of Americans Support Supreme Court Decision Overturning Roe v. Wade

A new Rasmussen poll finds a majority of Americans support the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. Rasmussen finds 50% of Americans favor the decision allowing states to protect babies from abortion while just 45% oppose it.

The new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. voters approve of the Supreme Court abortion ruling, including 38% who Strongly Approve of the decision. Some 45% disapprove of the Supreme Court’s new ruling, including 38% who Strongly Disapprove.

Among Republican voters, 75% approve of the Supreme Court’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade and just 20% disapprove. Seventy-one percent (71%) of Democrats disapprove of the Supreme Court abortion ruling, but 25% approve.

Voters not affiliated with either major party are more closely divided, with 53% approving the court’s decision returning abortion to states and 42% disapproving.

3. HTM

HTM Member

Appreciate your candor and your post @Sweet Lou 4 2.

My thoughts on it are this and people may not like them but that's ok. I am not trying to be mean.

I read this and thought, "this is really ****ed up and it is very tragic."

This strikes me as an irresponsible use of two people's sexual faculties. If you are in a situation in life where if you get pregnant, you come to the conclusion the necessary remedy is an abortion, you should not be having sex. Full stop. This isn't even a religious thing. People don't need to have sex.

People are so damn irresponsible in this world with their choices and it leads to so much damn needless suffering.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's that simple, really?

What about when birth control does not work or when the fetus is not viable or the host life is threatened?

Full stop, really?

Nook and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about here. Accidents happen.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. HTM

HTM Member

I know the situation as you explained it. You said your parents were poor and could not afford a child and came to the conclusion that they should have an abortion to remedy the situation. They should not have been having sex if the remedy to an accidental pregnancy is the necessity to seek an abortion.

Your parents aren't martyr's here. They made irresponsible choices.

7. HTM

HTM Member

You shouldn't be having sex if you're not comfortable having a child. That puts people in the absolutely **** situation of having to decide if they will have an abortion or not, which can scar them for life. People need to exercise responsible use of their sexual faculties.

But my position doesn't jive with the modern "do whatever you want whenever you want as long as it feels good" position.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Polls regarding the decision, and disapproval of Roe V Wade in general, have always hovered around 40% approval, I wonder why they got such a starkly different number

#628 ThatBoyNick, Jun 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's crazy I see you are not even trying to have a reasonable discussion.

It's very telling you ignored everything else.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

For some reason, I can't get the crosstabs or what question that 52% is for.

These are the questions I came up with but no numbers.

1* Generally speaking, on the issue of abortion, do you consider yourself pro-choice or pro-life?

2* The Supreme Court recently overturned the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, so that each state can now determine its own laws regarding abortion. Do you approve or disapprove of the court overturning Roe v. Wade?

3* How important will the issue of abortion rights be in this year's congressional elections?

11. HTM

HTM Member

Live your life however you see fit.

If you think it's responsible to be having sex when you're so poor that you feel you have to have an abortion if a pregnancy occurs, then hold that belief. I think it's irresponsible and absolutely horrible.

Your other questions aren't even on topic. Whether there are permissible reasons to have an abortion for health reasons has nothing to do with the discussion. You're just trying to take the conversation somewhere else.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How are they not on topic they are all reasons why people have abortions?

So now it's about the poors?

Do you think abortions are mainly a poor people issue?

Da ****?

13. HTM

HTM Member

You take *** all over the place. It's erratic as hell. Do you have a straightforward question for me?

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I asked you a straightforward question and you ignored it.

How do you know where I take ****?

15. HTM

HTM Member

You take people's posts, don't look at the context and twist them and attempt to redirect them into a place you want to take them.

I will not engage with you further if you don't stop doing that.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Like I give a **** if you engage with me.

I did not do any of that with your post and you still refuse to answer my questions why is that?

You want tell us again about the poors?

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Sex is fun. You should get laid more

18. HTM

HTM Member

Ah, good, we can be done here after this.

There are many circumstances where it is irresponsible to exercise your sexual faculties. Being too poor to raise a child is certainly a consideration.

19. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, this type of attitude is exactly the problem and has led to a huge amount of human suffering. You should try and be a better man(?).

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

I only live life once. I’m enjoying it. Never had a scare but it would have been a crappy life for a kid if they were conceived in my early 20s. Now that I’m ready to have a child they’ll be set up for a great life because of where I am financially.

Getting laid motivated me to work hard and make more money. And it worked.