1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022-23 A Year of decisions for most of our roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 27, 2022.

1. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Good post. I would think TyTy is in the plans at pg regardless, he will hang out in the G league and get some run as inevitably KPJ and/or Nix will be injured at some point.

Tate and Matthews are guys that can always be kept as backups on team friendly deals. If the market for Tate is there, he should be moved for a future pick. JC should be secure as a backup guard, once EG is gone there is a wide open spot behind Green.

I'd love to see a handful of these guys headlined by KMJ and Tate moved for a vet on a team friendly deal or future picks. Starting next year we need a balanced roster age wise. Without experienced players, teams just don't win in the association.

Edit: I'm actually higher on Queen than you, I see him as a rotation wing later this season, he can be microwave offense off the pine similar to The Mayor.

#21 groovemachine, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    BallSoHarden likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It is imperative that we find the core, ASAP, and start building around them, and that probably means packaging groups of players for an expiring and a pick....we don't want a disgruntled roster.....and right now there is no leader on the floor....like someone that is clearly the best player and everyone gets in line behind.

Silas has to set the tone - from day 1.

DD

leebigez and BallSoHarden like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

So, do you guys think we might do a 3 for 1 trade? Where we trade Christopher, KMJ and say Nix - if we believe a young player that fits better is available?

DD

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Rockets were 20-62
    I don't think it is crazy to see a 10 Game Win Increase
    HONESTLY - I would not be SHOCKED if we doubled our wins
    I know I Know
    I'm a **** eyed optimist

Less that 30 wins will be disappointing
    and IMO a Fire-able offense for Silas

Rocket River

xiki likes this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Next season should be more interesting than the previous two. But, hey - - here’s my question:

can you, anyone here, list FIVE teams whose rosters AT THIS PRE- JULY POINT would appear likely to have fewer Ws than this Rox roster?

Corrosion likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think I will start with Orlando
    Then I still think the Kings will suck
    Maybe OKC
    I am not impressed with the Pacers either

I am giving us 30 wins

Rocket River

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Great news is that when this team is ready to go Star hunting they will have the requisite young players PLUS future draft considerations to be in on every single FA that hits the market. Awesome spot to be in. The cream will rise to the top. All the hard decisions will make themselves on the court.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

We don’t have enough minutes for some of these young guys. I’m down to trade KMJ, Tate and/or Matthews for future picks. I just don’t know if Tate could get a first rounder right now.

Some of these players just don’t fit the timeline and will eventually get moved once we start adding better players via draft/FA. Which is why on other threads I’ve mentioned trying to execute a S&T for a good FA this year. We would still have the flexibility to max a FA in the summer of 23.

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Orlando
    Detroit
    San Antoinio if they trade Murray
    Lakers if Ad is hurt again
    Indi
    OKC

On the bubble
    Sac
    Knicks
    Nets if KD gets hurt
    Wizards

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sengun will be just as important to this franchise as Green and Jabari. Big Three.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

12. Bruno Fernando - clearly outplayed Garuba and his first round euroleague pedigree down the stretch. Enthusiastic rebounder and ideal roll man on offense. Will the Rockets recognize this or continue to hope we not talk about Bruno?

12. Moahst

Moahst Member

TyTy will jump Nix in the pecking order in about 2 weeks.

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I like Bruno and Garuba. No reason to crap on either one. Vet minimum deal for Bruno and I’m ok with it.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think Jalen Brown comes available in 2024 - would be on our timeline

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2024/ufa/

Rocket River

jimmyv281 and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

If you wanna compete keep Gordon and trade Martin for a cheap quick return.

If you wanna keep farming players, find a way to keep Martin around, trade Gordon.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

that’s 3. Top 5 shots at the French Fee-nom.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

jimmyv281 likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

mebbe; I’d love TheGoodGuys to get grown in a NYMinute.

19. maj21

maj21 Member

At least half of these guys won’t be here in a few years. Too many on here hype guys up way too much, and are also too attached. Some are of y’all gonna be sad when reality hits and your favorite player gets shipped out.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Big time years for :

nix - call me a major nix skeptic . Does not look like he was near nba shape

kpj- contract and you wanna see if he is becoming more professional and consistent .

tate - Love the guy but if we have Jabari / sengun / green / kpj I believe that’s enough talent that his impact as a glue guy needs to be seen in the W column . Can his shooting go up ?

kmj - I mean I want him gone at this point . But can he make the right play ?

Silas - can he win more . 3 years of 60 losses is bound to break a man . He’s got to do better this year .

Everyone from last draft class is only in year 2 . Any bumps are to be expected . This year is pure opportunity for them . Just don’t look completely worse .

Rookies are rookies .

Pressure is off most guys . If we have health and kpj and Tate step up , we have a real chance with Jabari and green and sengun to win 30+ games .

it’s a big year for sengun too . Josh and garuba will get more opportunity, but sengun will have much more responsibility on his plate to begin the year .

I wish he was skipping international stuff and focusing on his nba development only . But , hey .. I think it’ll work out .

xiki likes this.