1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bruno Fernando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What exactly did Bruno do wrong last season that has everyone on this board assuming he won’t make the roster this season??? I was quite impressed with his play and thought he was a bright spot in a rather dismal season. With John Wall getting cut, I’d like to see that final spot go to Fernando.

2. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

We need that spot for Boban :)

Deckard, theDude, alethios and 5 others like this.
  3. wolstein

wolstein Member

Dunno. I wouldn't mind keeping him as a backup center for another season.

edwardc and DreamShook like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I think him and Garuba looked the part both of that utility backup center. It really depends on what Boban wants. If Boban is okay staying, I like him in that role, and there's no time for both Garuba and Fernando. If Boban wants to join a contender though I would honor that and let him move on, and I think Fernando is a solid pickup at the minimum for a year, and a team option for next year.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Feigen reported he will likely not be retained. I think that's where the assumption comes from.

I though Bruno would be a good 3rd big as well but maybe their decision to not retain him is based on other things like..

Locker room fit
    Maybe Bruno doesn't want to be here
    Or
    Maybe since they currently have a bunch of bigs who haven't shown they can even make it through an NBA season playing real minutes they want a guy they can fall back on just in case.

Whatever the reason I'm not gonna get too bent out of shape about this one. It is what it is.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Bruno is not someone worth getting attached to. I would rather see what Garuba can do instead with those minutes.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Boban is terrible and won’t be a part of this team. Neither will Fernando, unfortunately. We are talking about the 15th guy on the team though so I wouldn’t sweat it too much.

Jontro and clos4life like this.
  8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Public Relations! Boban is well liked and respected throughout the league, Bruno on the other hand is relatively unknown trying to get his feet firmly planted on the court.

Boban>>>>Bruno

…….
    …….
    …….

groovemachine likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Sounds like it will come down to Boban or Fernando for Wall’s spot. Understand going with Boban who is serviceable and a good locker room fit, but sad to see Fernando get cut when he played quite well and deserves a spot at the end of the bench. Only issue with Boban is he’s 34 years old and may be more beneficial to keep Fernando who is 11 years younger and very athletic.

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Maybe someone else shakes loose from another team and we pick that guy up? So many possibilities, so it would be good to keep that spot open just in case.

12. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

1. Green
    2. KPJ
    3. Sengun
    4. Gordon
    5. Tate
    6. Christopher
    7. Martin
    8. Garuba
    9. Mathews
    10. Nwaba
    11. Brown
    12. Boban
    13. Burke
    14. Chriss
    15. Nix
    16. Jabari (haven't sign yet)
    17. Eason (haven't sign yet)
    18. Washington (haven't sign yet)
    19. Hastenstein (rumor we are after him)

So many players under contract already. There is really no spot for him.

13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is Hartenstein a real rumor, or just people on CF wanting to re-sign him? I haven’t seen that anywhere else.

ashleyem and Corrosion like this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

His ceiling is too low to have him get in the way of developing any of Sengun, Smith or Garuba.

15. alethios

alethios Member

Though we never thought that we could lose
    There's no regret
    If I had to do the same again
    I would, my friend, Fernando
    If I had to do the same again
    I would, my friend, Fernando

rfrocket likes this.
  16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If I am Hartenstein, I wouldn’t even take the phone call from Houston after all the bullshit he went through here.

Ghost5Horse6 and UTSA2step like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Was better than Garuba - truth hurts.

ashleyem likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

He was complaining about not getting minutes, no room for that from a third stringer.

Mathloom and Scarface like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont think he did anything wrong, but since news recently stated that Houston was not going to keep Schroeder or Fernando I think its safe to assume he wont be here next year. I for one thought he played pretty good in the little time he was given, but the team needs to find out what they have in Garuba.

roslolian likes this.
  20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He did fine in his minutes last season, and I thought he should have played more.

There's a reason multiple teams have given him away already. Possibly a functional rotation guy, but very low ceiling and replaceable. He doesn't shoot, or have huge above the rim game, or possible switchability of a guy like Garuba