1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Nets Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Oh I know and would love it. but not sure if KD wants to put this young team on his back like that. I feel like he'd be more likely to end up in Miami or in Philly somehow

Caesar likes this.
  2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

how is this so? what could they get back that would be better than kyrie and KD if Kyrie opts out? they'd most likely get back a lot of picks which would recoup picks for them, but our picks would get better? What package could they offer that would replace KD? we'd be winning the lottery if Kyrie opts out.

3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Ayton S&T I don't think will work as 1st year salary will only count for half in trade. Also teams operating above cap cannot accept S&T. Dependent heavily on order or operations here with Kyrie but god awful confusing ugly mess.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Teams trading their superstar never get fair value back in terms of players. Look at what was rumored available for Harden when the Rockets traded him: Herro, Siakim, Simmons, Oladipo, that wasn’t equal value.

Basically there is rarely a swap of one great player for another. It’s usually one great player for a young up and coming player or two throw ins and picks.

Durant is 32 and injury prone as hell and demanding out. Nets will be lucky to get guys like Herro or Siakim.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s exactly what you’re doing

Kyrie wanting to leave BK is simply false. He doesn’t. BK doesn’t want to give him the contract he desires because he’s an unreliable headcase, and they have just 1 playoff series win to show for putting up with his nonsense.

KD is in BK because of Kyrie. U should probably ask him why he’s so attached to someone who isn’t reliable and poisons every franchise he’s apart of. Nets had built a Big 3 and title contender around KD, but Kyrie ran Harden out of town.

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

A Durant trade with Phoenix would net Ayton and pretty good fillers plus about 4 picks. A trade with Nola would be a gamble but would net a bunch of picks and Zion. A trade with Miami would net Lowry Herro and 4 picks. Durant is the key here not Irving.

D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can’t compare this to Harden…KD has 4 years left while Harden didn’t, and is easily viewed as the better player and easier fit around the league

Lucky to get a Siakam or Herro? That’s hyperbole

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Scarface281

but how do you know this? can you shoot me a link that shows Kyrie wants to stay there because from his actions it doesn't seem like it. last time he said anything about staying was in april but that hinged on KD. I think both him and KD know the nets as currently constructed aren't going anywhere in the East with Miami, Philly, Milwaukee, and Boston right there. they needed a competent Harden to make noise

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

On the FRP Shortage, here's the list of teams that I think will have trouble with draft capital for Nets without bringing in other teams to get picks.
    Nuggets
    Clippers
    Lakers
    Heat (Only one pick traded away, but the protections on the pick mean they only have 2 FRPs they can trade outright along with swaps).
    Bucks
    76ers
    Jazz (similar to Heat)

This isn't to say someone like Herro couldn't be traded in a 3 team deal with pick(s) going to the Nets.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Probably depends on how the dominoes fall in terms of LeBron's team and where Kyrie ends up. If all is fair, i can see KD trying to carry his own team. If Kyrie pulls a chump move to help Bron, pettiness will 100% take KD's talents back to the bay area.

He'll actually be 34 for next season and still i'd have to disagree. The talent is too great. Any and every team wants him locked up for 4 years. Herro is not going to stop Riley.

Scarface281 likes this.
  12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Whatever happens, i know the Rockets need time and the future is bright so as a basketball fan, i want to see either Kyrie and Bron and AD go against Warriors with KD in a WCF for the ages OR i want to see KD with the Heat vs the Warriors(if kyrie doesn't go to la but another team). If Kyrie does go to LA and GS doesn't want KD, i hope KD joins up with Giannis and faces the Lakers in the finals. I just want historic match ups while i know the Rockets wont be in the mix.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

How do I know this? It’s been reported by everyone and is pretty apparent. The Nets are not willing to offer Kyrie what he wants. It was once again reiterated by Woj today

The Nets have been reluctant to offer Irving a long-term contract, which is what he has wanted to remain with Brooklyn, sources said. Brooklyn seems to want to hold onto leverage with Irving on his contractual status, especially after his lack of availability the past two years.

it’s pretty obvious that the Nets only want Kyrie back on a short term deal that’s on their terms while he wants a fully guaranteed max

but if u want to let Kyrie and his headcase antics off the hook and get to blaming the Nets, u do u

D-rock likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

KD on the Suns would be crazy

if Chris Paul still can’t win a title after that, then a Haitian auntie definitely cursed his ass

kissofdeath, luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

exactly theyd be worse

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If they lose Kyrie, then the Nets probably SHOULD make the best deal they possibly can for Durant, and recoup as many assets as possible. Even if Durant wants to stay...

Go the "half tank" route of trying to win as many games as possible but still falling in the lottery. Turn the team over to their younger guys, trade off everything they possibly can, and sign scrappers who will play hard.
    A. It would maximise their current players value as assets - keep making everyone available
    B. If they win 30 games, their pick swap with Hou in 2023 will still most likely see them get a top 10 pick (in what looks a reasonably strong draft) They can aim to be bad, but better than Houston. If Houston is (say) the 4th worst team, and BKN 10th worst but wins the lottery, they are still improving their pick (painful as it might seem to miss #1)
    C. They can potentially find themselves with a max cap slot in 2024, and you never know what the landscape might look like for them.
    D. Get Ben Simmons on the court, producing, and putting up stats. THEN SEND HIM TO LA!!

18. Scarface281

man you said I'm twisting a story but here you are twisting my posts haha. I never let kyrie off the hook and even called him a headcase earlier in a post you quoted. I'm just not placing 100% of the blame on kyrie while absolving the nets of any wrongdoing/shitty management like you are. the nets dont get that benefit of the doubt based on history and neither does kyrie.

that source you quoted could easily just be a nets leak. it's about as big a source as kyrie laughing at being asked if he is going back to BK. proves nothing at all.

#538 Scarface281, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, ok…sure man, sure…I’m out

20. mario_v

mario_v Member