1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Nets Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good, very good. Kyrie will remain disgruntled if he picks up his player option. The Nets could have won it all if Harden hadn't injured his hamstring. It's all been a nose dive for them since then to our benefit.

joshuaao, TheJuice and pmac like this.
  2. saleem

The Lakers have nothing good to offer the Nets for KD.

3. i3artow i3aller

Which BKN super team was more embarrassing?
    [​IMG]

4. j@amc

j@amc Member

I'm sure the front office would like off Kyrie's joy ride, but if they do, Durant is out the door.

I guess this may turn out to be the cautionary tale for those wishing to build a super team through free agency.

TheJuice likes this.
  5. saleem

Do the Houston Rockets have another 1st round pick in the 2023 draft?

6. i3artow i3aller

That's his stepmom/agent, Shetellia Riley Irving, to his left.

sirjesse likes this.
  7. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

It's pretty much our pick and the nets pick(swap) and we own the bucks pick... but let's say both nets and rockets are lottery teams we have two chances to get #1 if we fail and lets say get the 5th pick and the nets end up winning the lottery and get #1 we can just swap the 5th for 1st.

saleem likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

If Kyrie/KD leave, this second one.

After giving away all of their draft assets the first time everyone agreed it was a terrible idea, never to be done again.

Then, they did it again.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Kyrie does seem like the type that will sign for 6m and the Lakers seem like the kind of organization that will make an under the table agreement with a 3rd party contract to earn back a lot of the money he will lose. If something like that happens. KD should **** on everyone and go right back to GS.

TheJuice likes this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I think its very telling that the super teams in the last 20 years that succeeded were not free agent led (Wade recruited Lebrom to his team, Durant liked the culture in GSW, Garnett was talked into waiving his NTC by Pierce and Allen).

Assuming we build a winning culture here and play our hands right, we could be back in the swing of things by the late 2020s.

j@amc likes this.
  13. JD88

JD88 Member

Charlotte had 10 picks (5 in the top 5) in 11 years with nothing to show for it. They've had 1 in the past 7 seasons... Do you think they're better off now, or were they better off after the 2015 season?

The Kings have had 10 years of top 10 picks, then a two year pause, and then again this year. They're only in a better position now because of a trade that they made.

Point being, if you could somehow guarantee a top 5 pick AND guarantee the guy you drafted isn't going to be a bust, I'm all for it, but Houston got very, very lucky for one reason: John Wall's contract prevented the FO from making any sort of beneficial moves, so they had no choice but to completely tank. Because of that, they were very, very lucky to land in the top few picks twice in a row, and then luckier still that their draft picks (so far) worked out and they don't have a top 5 pick making big money who can't play.

The Rocket fan base is celebrating right now because we rolled 7's three times in a row, but all of those other fan bases (like the Sixers/Nets/Kings/Charlotte/Knicks) who tried to intentionally suck balls, they're not so pumped.

This turnaround is absolutely the exception to the rule.

The FO and staff have done an outstanding job.

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

15. i3artow i3aller

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Kyrie looks a lot like Harden in the clip.

cheke64 likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

While I am super happy to see all this Nets drama as a Rockets fan, I am confused about KD's outlook. The Nets constantly catered to Irving, including going back on their assertion to not have "part-time" players. All fault is and has always been squarely on Irving's shoulders.

Corrosion, D-rock and TheJuice like this.
  19. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

This million dollar laugh brought to you courtesy of Rafael Stone and the Brooklyn Nets

upload_2022-6-27_11-45-43.gif

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

While I'm glad this drama is helping the Rockets. All these stars keep doing this thing were they just stop talking to the FO is just so childish? If you have an issue or whatever talk it out with the bosses. I don't understand why players like Durant "go weeks" without talking to the FO.

Little Bit, D-rock and TheJuice like this.