1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPjr Total - points/assists/rebounds - 28 OVER or UNDER?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 25, 2022.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You need to take a look at how many players actually average double digit assists. Last season there were only 2 guys that averaged 10 assists- CP3 and Harden. Both guys have amazing court vision and are elite passers. Porter isn't in their class. He's not even the best passer on the Rockets.

If you're expecting 23/8 from Porter, I think you are going to be in for a dissapointment.

D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  2. aelliott

Sengun in the starting lineup will take assists away from KPJ. Last season Porter averaged 25% fewer assists when he was on the floor with Sengun than when Sengun was on the bench.

Scarface281, D-rock and burlesk like this.
  3. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

I loved that team, and you're 100% on those facts. Adelman was great. Gotta pour one out for them right now -- your post got me in my feels.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The last 7 games of the season KPJ averaged 29/ 8. He had a double double in 2 of those 7 games. If you want to add an eighth game he had 3 double double performances. If he can play anywhere close to that level for a season 23/ 8 doesn't seem like to far of a reach.

hlmbasketball and Sonicbun8 like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I gotta take the under and it'll be rebounds that don't reach the total as he's never averaged more than 4.4 in a season.
    16/X/6
    I don't see him getting as many shots a game as he did last year having Green, Sengun & Christopher coming into year two along with Jabari getting a good number of shots a game.

Better than 26, lower than 28.

this team is pretty easy to get excited about, seems like a bunch of good kids who really work hard as all we hear is how they are always in the gym .... particularly Green & Christopher.

burlesk, Plowman and D-rock like this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

When you consider the other mouths to feed, You're saying we expect a drop in usage but at the same time his overall stats to go up significantly?

For that to happen he'd have to see a pretty massive jump in efficiency ....

The math just doesn't add up for me even with improvements in things like FT% and turnover rate, particularly so if we expect his usage rate to decline as a result of Green, Sengun & Jabari getting bigger pieces if the pie.

aelliott likes this.
  7. aelliott

He's been in the league 3 years and you're basing your expectations for next year on 7 games?

Do you also expect Jalen Green to average 30 per game on 60% TS% too? How about Tate being a 41% 3 point shooter? They did it for the last 7 games so they're going to do it next year at the same level, right?

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Easy over. Scooter will average 20pts 6reb 8assists next year. Jabari will single handedly boost Scooters assists per game by around 2. He will make all those gimme shots that Tate would miss. KPJ is a big piece to the puzzle.

PatBev, Sonicbun8 and coachbadlee like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I expect them to do better as a whole. Whether they continue being on fire or not.

10. Asian Sensation

Don’t really care about his points. I want to see a big improvement in the A:TO ratio. That’s the most important thing for him if we plan to keep rolling him out as our starting PG.

11. aelliott

They'll likely be better but Porter isn't going to be the best assist man in the last 25 years as your 12 assist prediction would require. That's ridiculous.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You've made that quite clear in previous posts. But just for the lolz, how about you tell me again.

13. aelliott

Better yet, how about you acknowlege that 12 assists isn't reasonable?

ico4498 likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

SMH and LOL at the notion that Porter is going to somehow average 12 assists per game over the course of an entire season. If he does that would mean:

1. Porter has been a basketball--nay, point guard--savant all this time, even during his AAU days, and no one until now thought to put him in the PG role
    2. Silas is truly a magnificent coach that unlocked Scoot's passing potential. Forget the 20 and 15 game losing streaks, the inconsistent effort his players game him, and preposterous playing time management. This guy just needed a Year 3 of the KPJ experience.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Always a bonus to see your level-headed assessments. Good to see you posting.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yikes!! 23-8....23-8!! Hows that? Now are you entertained?!!

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am going to amend my earlier right around 29, I think he goes over it......with a big year, he and JG were amazing at the end of last season, I expect them to pick right up where they left off.....and that would put KPJ over 30....total.

DD

coachbadlee and Sonicbun8 like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chet liked Scoot's post.

Both Jabari and Chet seem to like KPJ.

One down, need the other.

TRADE FOR CHET!

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

2023 draft is Wembanyana or bust.

20. cmlmel77